Nainital Almora Tour
- Price from:
- 8888 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/22/2007
Almora, a quaint little hill town in Kumaon Hills,a popular summer getaway because of its towering mountain scapes,picturebook villages,vibrant temples & Nainital the ever so popular hill retreat..
Delhi - Nainital (300 kms / 6.5 hrs). Leave Delhi at 7 A.M. Reach Nainital : the beautiful lake district of Kumaon - at 1.30 P.M. After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating and the bustling mall for local action. Overnight at Nainital.
Nainital is a 100 year old hill station is in a valley near Naini Lake - a blue green lake surrounded by hills on all sides and named after Goddess Naini after which the town takes its name. It is a beautiful hill district nestled in the lap of the Central Himalayas in the Kumaon region. It's subtle yet pristine glory is manifested in the lofty snow-capped peaks, green valleys and serene lakes that have tempted lovers of beauty since time immemorial. Nainital also has a 100 year old Raj Bhawan Golf Course for the golf lovers.
From sightseeing to boating, golfing to adventure sports, from long walks and soft treks to just unwinding or introspecting : Nainital, in the Kumaon region offers it all. This hill town is a Honeymooner's paradise,a photographer's delight, an artist's dream and a writer's inspiration.
After settling into hotel, visit the shimmering lake for boating followed by a walk on the picturesque mall.Dinner &overnight at Nainital.
Nainital:Post breakfast enjoy a pony ride through the mall road.Visit The Church of St. John in the Wilderness, built in 1846 and one of the earliest colonial structures, just beyond Mallital.Later enjoy the ropeway ride from the Mall which leads to the vantage point of Snow View, at a height of 2,270 metres. It At the top there is a viewing area offering a vista of Himalayan peaks. You can amble along the promenade and sit back to enjoy the view at the cafes on the summit.
Post lunch enjoy a walk to Dorothy's seat ,dedicated to a British lady who died in a tragic accident. From here you can get a panoramic view of the town below.Dinner & overnight at Nainital.
Nainital - Almora : Post breakfast drive to Almora.Arrival Almora & check in at your mountain resort. Post breakfast commence sightseeing tour with a walk past the mall road.The Mall of Almora is the hub of administrative activity. Parallel to the Mall is the market area, which is only open to pedestrian traffic. It has a distinctive hill station character with traditional carved wooden facades on buildings and shops at ground level.Above the Mall is the main temple complex with shrines dedicated to Nanda Devi and Lord Shiva. The temple of Nanda Devi, presiding deity of Almora and named after the region's highest peak, is built in the typical Kumaoni style of stone temple architecture. The stone amalaka or crown is encircled by a wooden roof, and the stone walls have intricately carved images.Later visit The Govind Vallabh Pant Public Museum, a repository of Kumaoni art, culture and history. There are displays of archaeological finds from the Katyur and Chand periods. In addition, the museum exhibits a collection of apen or folk paintings.Post lunch after a rest visit Bright End Corner, a hilltop site 2.5 kms from Almora, has a magnificent view of the valleys and soaring peaks of Kumaon. It is also a good place to catch the sunrise and sunset that transform the surrounding landscape into a myriad hued spectacle of gold, green and red. Dinner & overnight at Almora.
Almora : Commence sightseeing post breakfast.Start with the hilltop shrine of Kasara Devi (goddess Durga), where Swami Vivekananda sat in meditation. Close by is a library in the Ramakrishna (Vivekananda's guru) Kutir, which has a collection of books on religious philosophy. A Deer Park has been created amongst towering pine trees about 3 kms from town. With a collection of some deer species, leopards and the Himalayan black bear, the park is a good place for a walk, though the wildlife is not too exciting. Another quick getaway in the forested hills is Simtola, about 3 kms from Almora. 8 kms from Almora is the Chetai temple, nestling amidst fir and pine forests. A temple highly revered by the local people, its setting is what makes it interesting to visit. Evening is at lesiure. Dinner & overnight at Almora.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at premium mountain retreats with breakfast, dinner & taxes & all excursions by private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Nainital
- Heritage Nainital Tour - 2 days from 4444 INR
- New Years Eve Package Tour - 2 days from 7444 INR
- Cottage stay in Nainital - 3 days from 11000 INR
- Nainital Mukteshwar Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Kausani Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Ranikhet Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Binsar Tour - 4 days from 8888 INR
- Nainital Bhimtal Tour - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Honeymoon in Nainital - 5 days from 8888 INR
- Kumaon Tour - 8 days from 13999 INR
Email the tour operator - Nainital Almora Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.