Honeymoon in Munnar
- Special Occasions
- Price from:
- 9999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/12/2007
If youre looking for quiet strolls along rows of tea bushes, for the enveloping calm of cool mist,the pristine green countryside laid out below clear blue sky,then head to Munnar your honeymoon abode
Day 01 : Arrival Munnar & check in to your mountain retreat.Day is at leisure to soak in the ambience of the nature around ! Post lunch relish a leisurely walk along the famed tea estates of Munnar.The tea gardens are the last bastion of the Raj. Several still preserve customs like chhota hazari'-an early morning cuppa' hot chocolate before a round of work. Most managers would be happy to let you take a stroll among the bushes.Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
Day 02 :Munnar: Post breakfast visit to the Old Christ Church.The old Christ Church in the town centre is small, cosy and charming with wonderful stained glass panels. It was consecrated in 1910 and the original wooden pews are now a rich grainy brown. In 1981 the medium of instruction changed from English to the vernacular. Sunday service now is in Tamil and Malayalam. Mount Carmel is the oldest Roman Catholic Church in the region. First set up in 1898, the present church dates back to 1938.
Later visit the Thattekad Bird Sanctuary.Dr. Salim Ali, the famous ornithologist, established the Thattekad Bird Sanctuary in 1983. It has a resident population of Malabar gray hornbills, woodpeckers, and rare species like the rose-billed roller, and the Sri Lankan frogmouth.
Post lunch visit visit the lake.At a height of 1700 meters, Mattupetty Lake (13 km) and dam is surrounded by tall hills and forest. You can hire a boat, and walk down to the nearby dairy and cattle farm.
Dinner & Overnight at Munnar.
DAY 03 : Munnar: Post breakfast excursion to Top Station, (41 km, 2200 meters) which has some of the highest tea plantations in India. At the edge of the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border, you can look over across at the hills ebbing into plains in the other state. Come here for breathtaking views of rolling hills awash with greenery, and crisp air.
Post lunch visit Eravikulam Park (16 km) where you can find the endangered Nilgiri Tahr (ibex). Docile and friendly, it is hard to imagine that this is a rare animal when you see the numbers in this area.
Dinner & Overnight at Munnar.
Day 04 :Full day excursion to the sandalwood forests of Marayoor & Chinnar wildlife sanctuary. Just a short distance from the town of Munnar are the valuable sandalwood forests of Marayoor with some archaelogical sites. On the way to the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary the sandalwood forest is thick and the sweet musky fragrance. Excavations in the area have yielded relics dating back to the later Stone Age.
Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
Day 05 : Departure for onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast,dinner & taxes all all excursions by private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Munnar
- Kerala Honeymoon Packages - 5 days from 10500 INR
- Cycling in the Spice Hills - 4 days from 518 GBP
- Munnar Heaven Of South India - 6 days from 17199 INR
- Munnar Dreams - 3 days from 4500 INR
- Romantic Kerala Hills Munnar - 2 days from 2500 INR
- Tree House Stay Munnar - 3 days from 6000 INR
- Cottage stay in Munnar - 3 days from 0 INR
Email the tour operator - Honeymoon in Munnar
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.