Mukteshwar Sightseeing Tour
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/17/2007
Mukteshwar is a secluded retreat in Kumaon Himalayas blessed with pleasant weather and heart-stopping vistas of the surroundings, abounds in lush orchards,mountainscapes, brooks & rivulets & wildlife.
Arrival Mukteshwar : Arrival Mukteshwar & check in at your mountain retreat.
The town of Mukteshwar is associated with a legend of Shiva who gifted immortality or `mukti' to a demon that he slew.
Mukteshwar was a quiet mountain hamlet till the turn of the last century. It owes much of its present-day status to the Indian Veterinary Research Institute, which possesses a large part of the land and most of the deep forests that surround Mukteshwar.
Rhesus monkeys and langurs jabber in the trees, deer and birds abound, and the occasional mountain leopard and Himalayan black bear can be spotted here. It was in the forests of the Mukteshwar region that Jim Corbett hunted half a dozen of the famous man-eating tigers of Kumaon, including the notorious Champawat Tiger and the Panar leopard that had killed hundreds of people. The evergreen forests and deciduous woodlands are home to the Himalayan ruby throat, white-crested laughing thrush, red-billed leothrix, black winged kite and a host of other mountain birds. The elusive Himalayan Mountain Quail was last seen in the Nainital vicinity near Mukteshwar.
Beyond the forests, past fields and farms are lush fruit orchards that grow apples, plums, peaches, apricots and pears.
From Mukteshwar there is a divine view of the Himalayas, each peak with a sacred identity and myth of its own. See the 6,596 m high Neelkantha (Blue-throated Shiva), the 7,120 m Trishul (Shiva's Trident), Nandadevi, 7817 m (Goddess of Bliss), Nandaghunti, 6,310 m (the Veil of the Goddess) and the five-pronged chimneys of the Panchuli peaks.
Day is at leisure to explore the scenic countryside.Dinner & overnight at Mukteshwar.
Mukteshwar : Post breakfast commemnce your sightseeing tour of this hill retreat.
An awe-inspiring view is the highlight from Chauthi Jali, where rocks jut out from the hill face at a bizarre angle. This is a great place to observe eagles and other feathered scavengers as they swoop down at their prey. Ramgarh, 26 km away, has blissful fruit orchards, Bhowali, 40 km is a health resort and Ghorakhal, 37 km has the Temple of Gollu Devta, an important deity of the Kumaonis.Dinner & overnight at Mukteshwar.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at a premium mountain resort, breakfast, dinner & all taxes & all excursions by a private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mukteshwar
- Offbeat Uttaranchal Tours Mukteshwar - 2 days from 2500 INR
Email the tour operator - Mukteshwar Sightseeing Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.