Mount Abu Tour
- Price from:
- 3500 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/24/2007
This tour takes you through the quaint little hill retreat , the only hill station of Rajasthan renowed for its picturesque peaks, the serene lake, the famous Dhilwara Jain Temples & the bustling mall
Day 01 : Arrival Mount Abu : Transfer from the railway station at Abu Road to your downtown hotel at the hill retreat of Mount Abu.Post breakfast is at leisure to soak in the ambience of this calm & refreshing hill station.
Later commence your sightseeing tour with the Dhilwara Jain temples.These beautifully carved temples built between 11th and 13th century A.D. are sheer elegance in marble, dedicated to the Jain Tirthankaras.The Vimal Vasahi temple is the oldest of these dedicated to the first Tirthankaras. Built in 1031 A.D. (by Vimal Shah : a merchant and representative of the then Gujarat ruler), it is a superb example of temple architecture. The central shrine has an image of Rishabhdev and large courtyard with 52 small shrines, each housing a beautiful statue of tirthankaras with 48 elegantly carved pillars form the entrance to the courtyard.
Post lunch is at leisure.
Evening visit the Nakki Lake for boating. The lake is dotted with several islets approachable by a boat. Of particular interest are strange rock formations around the lake. Especially notable is the Toad Rock which looks like a real toad about to jump into the lake. Others are Nun Rock and Nandi Rock etc. Set in the heart of the town, the lake gets its name from the legend that it was scooped out by the gods with their finger nails or Nakh'. It is the only artificial lake in India that is 1200mts. above sea level.
Later explore the mall for souvenir shopping. Dinner & overnight at Mount Abu.
Day 02: Mount Abu : Post breakfast visit the Gaumukh Temple.A natural spring flowing through a sculpted cow's head gives the shrine its name. The famous yagna' of Sage Vashishtha was performed here. A beautifully sculpted hill temple of Arbuada : the mighty serpent, stands against the beautiful backdrop. Nearby is the magnificent marble image of Nandi, the celestial bull rescued by Arbuada.
Also visit the Adhar Devi Temple: The temple is chiselled out of a huge rock reached by a flight of 360 stairs.
Post lunch enjoy walks alon the mall around the Nakki Lake. Later enjoy ashikara ride on the lake.
Dinner & overnight at Mount Abu.
Day 03 : Departure post breakfast for onward destination
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation with breakfast & dinner & all taxes & all sightseeing by private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mount Abu
- Mountabu Discover Your Holidayzz - from 500 INR
Email the tour operator - Mount Abu Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.