Jeep Safari Manali To Leh Ladakh
- Price from:
- 17700 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 days
- Location Start:
- solang valley camp retreat , manali
- Location Finish:
- solang valley camp retreat, manali
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 08/11/2006
On this trans Himalayan jeep safari on the Manali-Leh Highway you get to see two hi-altitude lakes - Tso Kar and Tso Moriri,including scenic stops at Manali,Keylong,Sarchu & sightseeing in Leh, Ladakh
Day 01 : MANALI TO KEYLONG
We start early from the Solang Valley Camp Retreat and after crossing the 13,050 ft high Rohtang Pass enter the valley of Lahaul. Our drive is along the River Chandra with views of towering mountains and glaciers. By late afternoon we arrive at Keylong a small town, which is also the district headquarters. Check into our camps and then send the evening walking around this quaint little town with its excellent views of the Pir Panjal range of mountains.Overnight at Keylong.
Day 02: KEYLONG TO SARCHU
Drive north on the Manali-Leh Highway. You get to see some of the most breath taking landscapes that the Western Himalayas can offer. The scenery gets more stark and barren as we climb up to the 16,500-foot high Baralacha La the second mountain pass on our journey. From the pass beautiful views of meadows and snow-capped mountains can be seen. By early
evening we reach the small hamlet of Sarchu with set on a large plateau. We camp here for the night.
DAY 03:SARCHU - TSO KAR(4268M/165 Kms)- TSO-MORIRI (4485M/45Kms)
After breakfast drive to Tso Kar. (Kar Lake), It is a day where we will cross a number of passes the first of which already being passed Bara Lacha La (4955M above sea level). After coming down from Bara Lacha La climb up the Gatta Loops, a series of 21 hairpin bends carved into the mountainside and then after descending once again wound your way up the Lachung La pass (4985M above sea level). From here the road twists its way to Pang through an amazing canyon with sheer cliffs and rocky outcrops looming up on both sides of the road. Drive to Tso-Moriri via Sumdo . TsoMoriri lake is also called as white lake because of salt deposit around it. It is approx 45 kms northwest of the Tso -Kar. Packed lunch en-route.
Sumdo to Tsomoriri is one of the most interesting drives as it goes through sandy deserts & rocky paths. After slowly zigzaging up to the Namshang-La, the drive follows a smooth descent and drive past the isolated Thasang Tso - a small torquoise lake which appears like an emerald of a queen's necklace.
Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 04:TSOMORIRI :LEH (3506M/280 Kms)
After breakfast drive for 7hours to Leh via Sumdo and Chuma : Thang (3965M). Enroute stop at Mahe Bridge from where the road crosses to the south bank of the river by a bridge; it then follows the unmetalled road through Sumdo village up to join Puga stream. The drive from Sumdo to Mahe follows a narrow mountain gorge through green bushes. Packed lunch en-route.
Chuma-Thang is known for its famous medicated hot water springs where people from various parts of Ladakh come for relieving their pains. Enroute drive past beautiful villages of Nurnis, Kery and Kadgam.
The Jeep drive through this part of the Indus valley is quite flat without much uphill or downhill drive, a wide open village .
Dinner and Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 5: SHEY-THIKSEY-HEMIS:
After breakfast drive up along the scenic Indus valley. Enroute stop over to visit the famous Shey, Thiksey and Hemis monasteries. Packed lunch enroute
Shey Palace & Monastery:
This summer palace of the erstwhile King of Leh set upon a hill. The monastery itself has a 7.5 meter high, copper statue of a sitting Buddha, wrought in gold. This is the largest of it's kind in the world.
19 Kms from Leh, Thiksey is one of the largest and most impressive Gompas of Ladakh. The Thiksey monastery provides a panoramic view of the green Indus Valley from its vantage point atop a hill. It has chambers full of statues, Stupas and colorful Tankhas.
Situated just off the Manali-Leh Highway, Ladakh's biggest and wealthiest monastery is situated on the Leh - Manali road. It's popularity stems from the annual festival held here in summer. The festival coincides with Guru Padma Sambhava's (Buddha) birthday. It contains quite a few statues in gold and Stupas decorated with precious stones. It has a superb collection of Tankhas, including one which is supposed to be the largest in existence and is exhibited only once every 12 years.
Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 06: LEH :HUNDER (3048M/ 125 Kms) via khardung la
Drive to Nubra Valley via Khardung la pass the highest motorable pass in the world (18,300 feet). Part of the road goes over the glacier. On the way you get excellent view of great Karakoram Range. Packed lunch en-route. En-route visit Dixit monastery.
Dinner and overnight in tents.
DAY 07: HUNDER - PANAMIK (3232M/15 Kms)-LEH (3506M/140KMS)
Visit Hunder monastery and Diskit monastery and then drive to Panamik, crossing Shyok river and driving along the Nubra river. This night you halt at Panamik. This used to be the halting place for traders coming from Central Asia as it was the first village in 20 days trek on the silk route. Traders halted here to have bath in the hot springs for which Panamik is very famous.
Drive to Leh. Enroute visit Samthangling Gompa of Summer. Check in at the hotel.
Dinner and overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 08: LEH
Full day sightseeing in Leh. Visit Leh bazaar and Shankar Gompa on foot.
Dinner and Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 09 : LEH TO SARCHU : (245 KMS, 7 HRS DRIVE)
After breakfast, drive to Sarchu over Lachungla (5019 m) and Tanglang La (5360 m) to reach in the evening. Check into your camps. Overnight at Sarchu.
DAY 10 : SARCHU TO KEYLONG: [114 KMS, 6 HRS DRIVE]
After breakfast, drive to Keylong over Baralacha Pass (4830 m). Arrive Jispa and check into tents. Evening at leisure & overnight in tents.
DAY 11 : JISPA TO MANALI / SOLANG VALLEY CAMP RETREAT : (115 KMS, 6 HRS DRIVE)
After breakfast, drive to Manali over the Rohtang Pass (3980 M). Reach Solang Valley Camp Retreat by evening. Overnight at Solang Valley Camp Retreat.
- Inclusions -
- Package Cost : for a minimum of 6 people Rs 17700 per person inclusive of stay in comfortable trekking tents, all meals,vehicle & expert mountain driver at disposal as per itinerary,Camp People's expert cook & english speaking escort & mountain guide.All excursions as per itinerary.
- Exclusions -
- any items other than those mentioned in inclusives
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Manali
- Anytime of the Year Honeymoon Tour - 5 days from 3000 INR
- Tibetan Life in India - 6 days from 477 GBP
- Sightseeing Package Tours Manali - 3 days from 3555 INR
- Kullu Manali Package Deals - 3 days from 3999 INR
- Holiday Package Tours Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Luxury Tour Package Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Adventure Holidays - 3 days from 8888 INR
- Offbeat destinations Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 4900 INR
- Swiss Cottage Stay Manali - 3 days from 4950 INR
- School Students Camping - 4 days from 6666 INR
- Family Camping Vacations - 3 days from 5400 INR
- Mantalai Lake Trek - 9 days from 13500 INR
- Cottage Stay in Manali - 4 days from 14000 INR
- Bara Bhangal Trek - 12 days from 17000 INR
- Beas Kund Trek - 5 days from 7500 INR
- Malana Trek - 5 days from 8000 INR
- Family Camping Holidays - 6 days from 13333 INR
- Summer Camps India - 4 days from 4444 INR
- Adventure Camping India - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Holiday in Snow - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Kullu Manali Palampur Tour - 8 days from 13333 INR
- Kullu Manali Dharamshala Tour - 7 days from 13333 INR
- Manali Dharamshala Dalhousie Tour - 9 days from 16666 INR
- Prashar Lake Tour - 2 days from 4000 INR
- Pin National Park Waba Pass Trek - 17 days from 1700 USD
- Beas Kund Trekking Around Manali - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Beas Kund Trekking Around Manali - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Nature and Himalayas - 4 days from 25000 INR
- Walking & Hiking in Manali Himalayas - 4 days from 25000 INR
- Riverrafting & Trekking - 3 days from 15000 INR
- Himalayan Nature Trip - 9 days from 590 USD
- Camping Holidays in India - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Himachal Hampta Pass Adventure Trek - 12 days from 600 USD
- Himachal Pin Parvati Pass Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Adventure Holidays In India - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Paragliding In India - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Rappelling & Rock Climbing & River Crossing in India - 4 days from 5555 INR
- Trekking In Himalayas Deo Tibba Base - 6 days from 13800 INR
- New Years Eve Package Tour - 3 days from 14555 INR
- Honeymoon Tour Package in Kullu Manali - 6 days from 13000 INR
- Adventure Sports Tour In India - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Sightseeing & Adventures Galore In The Valley Of Gods Kullu... - 9 days from 18000 INR
- Skiing in India - 4 days from 1500 INR
- Trekking In Himalayas Patalsu Peak & Beas Kund Trek - 5 days from 7500 INR
- Trek From Manali To Brighu Lake Solang Valley Camp Retreat - 2 days from 3200 INR
- Beas Kund Trekking - 10 days from 855 USD
Email the tour operator - Jeep Safari Manali To Leh Ladakh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.