Himachal Hampta Pass Adventure Trek
- Price from:
- 600 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 pm
- End time:
- 10.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 01/25/2007
The trek starts from Manali and goes across the Hamta pass up the headwaters of the Chandra river in Lahoul covering adventuresome mighty Bara Shigri glacier for better holiday experience in India.
Arrive Delhi - You arrive in Delhi by International flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check-in. After some rest, breakfast at coffee shop in the Hotel. After breakfast we will go on a guided tour of Delhi, beginning with a morning sightseeing trip to the Red Fort built in the year 1648 and Gandhi Memorial at Raj Ghat. Afternoon tour includes drive around India Gate, President's House and visits to Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Delhi - Nalagarh (300kms / 6 hrs approx.) -
Breakfast at the Coffee Shop, Later drive to Nalagarh, stopping en route at a tourism restaurant for lunch (to be paid for by themselves) and arrive Chandigarh and visit Rock Garden, Pinjore Garden and Sukhna Lake (If time allows) Later Drive to Nalagarh Fort, Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel.
Nalagarh / Manali (245 kms / 6 hrs) -
Morning Breakfast at the Hotel, And depart hotel at 0800 hrs for Manali, Arrive Manali by 1400hrs, After lunch explore the adjoining forests with blooming mountain flowers, Breathe in the fresh mountain air of Manali, the most famous hill resort in Himachal Pradesh
Manali / Prini / Bhujdhar ( 06hrs trek) - Post breakfast Transfer by road from Manali to Prini with packed lunch. The trek starts from Prini roadhead (6400 ft.) passing enroute the village of Prini and the temple of Lord Jumla (regarded as the most powerful God in this valley of 200 Gods). Beyond the temple, the trek climbs steeply up to the summer village of Satan. Leaving the village, the trek leads through a thick fir & spruce forest and ends at the alpine meadow of Bhujdhar (11000 ft.).Dinner and ovenight stay in the tents.
Bhujdhar / Juara ( 06hrs trek) -
Breakfast at the Camp, The initial trek follows the river valley leading to the Hampta pass. The route is level. From Chikkha the valley narrows and climbs to the higher valley of the Hampta stream. From here one reached the Juara campsite (11,800 ft.) after a gradual ascent. Dinner and overnight stay in the tents.
Juaria / Base of Hamta Pass ( 05hrs trek) -
Post breakfast leave for the Base of Hamta Paa with the packed lunch. The trek ascends gradually along the Hampta stream and leads to the base of the pass (13,200 ft.) with breathtaking hanging glaciers are enjoyed. Dinner and overnight stay in the Camps.
Base of Hamta Pass / Garu ( 05 hrs trek) -
Breakfast at the Camp and early starts brings us to the Hampta pass is steep. However, we are rewarded with fantastic views of the Mulkila Range of a clear day. Peaks well over (20,000 ft.) and the beautiful peaks of Indrasan (21,000 ft.) and Deo Tibba (20,100 ft.) can be seen. Along the northern Hampta stream, we cross screw and glacial boulders before reaching our camp site at (12,200 ft.) Dinner and overnight stay in the tents.
Garu / Chatru (2½ hrs trek) / Manali -
Post breakfast a short descent takes takes us to the confluence of the Hampta stream and the River Chandra. Following the river down stream, one reaches the roadhead of Chatru (10,900 ft.). Lunch at Chatru. And the transfer by road back to Manali takes 7 hours crossing the Rohtang Pass. (13,600 ft.). Upon arrival at Manali check in at our hotel for Dinner and overnight stay.
Manali - Day at leisure and overnight stay at the hotel.
Manali - Delhi (570 Km. / 12-13 hrs) -
Breakfast at the hotel and time at leisure, Post Lunch time to explore the city on your own. We will depart for Delhi by 1800 hrs. Dinner on the way to Delhi. Overnight Journey
Arrive Delhi - Arrive at Delhi at 06:30 hrs. and upon arrival transfer to your hotel. A leisurely morning is followed by breakfast and time at leisure. In evening we will go for the evening Light and Sound show at Red fort. Drive back to hotel for Farewell Dinner and Overnight stay.
- Extras -
- The Kulu Valley, known as the 'Valley of the Gods' has enchanted explorers for ages and Manali, at the head of the valley, has been a base for further exploration deep into the Himalayas. The trek starts from Manali and goes across the Hamta pass up the headwaters of the Chandra river in Lahoul and explores the lower portion of the mighty Bara Shigri glacier.
Season: May/June & September/October
Total Duration: 11 Nights / 12 Days
Trekking days: 05 Days
Special Features: Hamta Pass
Trek Grade: Strenuous
Max Alt.: 3960 meter approx.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Manali
- Anytime of the Year Honeymoon Tour - 5 days from 3000 INR
- Tibetan Life in India - 6 days from 477 GBP
- Sightseeing Package Tours Manali - 3 days from 3555 INR
- Kullu Manali Package Deals - 3 days from 3999 INR
- Holiday Package Tours Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Luxury Tour Package Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 7777 INR
- Adventure Holidays - 3 days from 8888 INR
- Offbeat destinations Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 4900 INR
- Swiss Cottage Stay Manali - 3 days from 4950 INR
- School Students Camping - 4 days from 6666 INR
- Family Camping Vacations - 3 days from 5400 INR
- Mantalai Lake Trek - 9 days from 13500 INR
- Cottage Stay in Manali - 4 days from 14000 INR
- Bara Bhangal Trek - 12 days from 17000 INR
- Beas Kund Trek - 5 days from 7500 INR
- Malana Trek - 5 days from 8000 INR
- Family Camping Holidays - 6 days from 13333 INR
- Summer Camps India - 4 days from 4444 INR
- Adventure Camping India - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Holiday in Snow - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Kullu Manali Palampur Tour - 8 days from 13333 INR
- Kullu Manali Dharamshala Tour - 7 days from 13333 INR
- Manali Dharamshala Dalhousie Tour - 9 days from 16666 INR
- Prashar Lake Tour - 2 days from 4000 INR
- Pin National Park Waba Pass Trek - 17 days from 1700 USD
- Beas Kund Trekking Around Manali - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Beas Kund Trekking Around Manali - 10 days from 1000 USD
- Nature and Himalayas - 4 days from 25000 INR
- Walking & Hiking in Manali Himalayas - 4 days from 25000 INR
- Riverrafting & Trekking - 3 days from 15000 INR
- Himalayan Nature Trip - 9 days from 590 USD
- Camping Holidays in India - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Himachal Pin Parvati Pass Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Adventure Holidays In India - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Paragliding In India - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Rappelling & Rock Climbing & River Crossing in India - 4 days from 5555 INR
- Trekking In Himalayas Deo Tibba Base - 6 days from 13800 INR
- New Years Eve Package Tour - 3 days from 14555 INR
- Honeymoon Tour Package in Kullu Manali - 6 days from 13000 INR
- Adventure Sports Tour In India - 7 days from 9999 INR
- Sightseeing & Adventures Galore In The Valley Of Gods Kullu... - 9 days from 18000 INR
- Skiing in India - 4 days from 1500 INR
- Trekking In Himalayas Patalsu Peak & Beas Kund Trek - 5 days from 7500 INR
- Jeep Safari Manali To Leh Ladakh - 11 days from 17700 INR
- Trek From Manali To Brighu Lake Solang Valley Camp Retreat - 2 days from 3200 INR
- Beas Kund Trekking - 10 days from 855 USD
Email the tour operator - Himachal Hampta Pass Adventure Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.