Mahabaleshwar Highest Hill Station Near Pune & Mumbai
- Price from:
- 1800 INR /person
- +91 20 30521464
- +91 20 26053371
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- 10 hours
- Location Start:
- Pune CIty / Mumbai City
- Location Finish:
- Pune CIty / Mumbai City
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 10.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Marathi / Hind, English
Last updated: 09/20/2008
Located about 120 km southwest of Pune and 285 km from Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar is a vast plateau measuring 150 kmÂ², bound by valleys on all sides.Website offering on line bookings for various hotels in
Mahabaleshwar:The highest hill station in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra , Mahabaleshwar is situated at 1372 meters around Lake Venna,Mahabaleshwar is Sanskrit for God of Great Power. It was summer capital of Governor of the old Bombay Presidency.Covering 10 sq km. There are 30 valley viewpoints with panoramic vistas scattered around the hill station and their access roads make for shady, pleasant walks and treks. The area has strong historical connections with Shivaji, the heroic Maratha warrior king.he Britishers built various mansions, cottages and bungalows around the town, lending it a charming, sophistication. The place is popular with tourists, especially from Mumbai and Pune, wanting to take a break from the rush of rat race. the hill-station is very crowded during vacations like christmas & Diwali and in summers.AHABALESHWAR (Places to See)
It used to be the most famous building in the olden days. it was built in 1829 with magnificient architectural skills. Unfortunately, it has lost a lot of its old charm now.
A visit to the old Raman Catholic Holy cross church is worth a detour. although the church is practically falling apart, its stained-glass windows are still a sight to behold. this deserted church is now looked after by a Hindu family.
The club was built in 1881 and is still flourishing and well-maintained. Only members of the club can stay here. It is very popular for its well-tended roses and lovely jogging track. Christmas is grandly celebrated by loyal members every year. Fortunately, one facility is open to visitors; who can use the golf course whenever they feel like it.
Also worth a look is this old structure. Mahatma Gandhi once lived here in 1945.
This is 24 Kms, away from Mahabaleshwar. The fort was built in 166 by Moropant trimbak Pingle under the command of the Maratha rular Shivaji. It was here that the mighty General of Bijapur, Afjal Khan, was killed by Shivaji. The fort has a great view.mahabaleshwar,hotels in mahabaleshwar,hotels mahabaleshwar,
hotel in mahabaleshwar,hotel mahabaleshwar,hotels at mahabaleshwar,resorts in mahabaleshwar,
mahabaleshwar hotels,mahabaleshwar resorts,mahabaleshwar package tour,The Executive Inn Mahabaleshwar,
Ramsukh Resorts Mahabaleshwar,Brightland Holiday Village Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Surya Retreat
Mahabaleshwar,Saj Resort Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Panorama Mahabaleshwar,Valley View Resorts
Mahabaleshwar,Fountain Hotel Mahabaleshwar,Grand Resorts Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Lake View
Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Rajesh Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Gautam Mahabaleshwar,Sherwood Resort
Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Regal Mahabaleshwar,Shreyas Hotel Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Anand Van
Bhuvan Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Sunny International Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Sunny Midtown
Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Mayfair Mahabaleshwar,Honey Wood Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Sun City
Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Vimal Gardens Mahabaleshwar,Hotel Sunny Classic Mahabaleshwar,
Savoy Village Mahabaleshwar,Bungalow ,Mahabaleshwar,Pioneer Tents Panchgani,Cliff Inn
Resorts Panchgani,Comfort Inn Dhanhills Panchgani,Blue Country Resort Panchgani,
Hotel Millennium Park Panchgani,Hotel Summer Plaza Panchgani,mahabaleshwar tourist,
volvo bus,bungalows in mahableshwar on rent
Tucked away in Satara district, just 19 kms east of Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani is also amongst the most frequented hill resorts. The name is derived from the fact that it is located at the centre of five hills ("Panch" = five, "Gani" = hills). The place is well known for trekking and other adventure activities. Climb atop 'Table Land', a famous flat-mountain top, from where you can have a look at the vast plain below. The berry farms here are another tourist attraction.
- Inclusions -
- Breakfast,Lunches, Dinners,
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, Mahabaleshwar, Khandala, Lonavala Package Tours, Hotels, Resort, Car, Taxi, Coach, Bus, Booking, Reservation Tours LonavalaKhandala, Mahabaleshwarpanchgani Travels Services Contact Us: ONLINE BOOKING INSTANT CONFIRMATION ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION MASTER VISA AMEX DISCOVER ONLINE ICICI / AXIS BANK TRANSFER. PUNE OFFICE: CLASSIC TRAVEL SERVICES Office No. 310, 3rd Floo r, Metro House, Opp. TMTC, Mangaldas Road, Pune - 411 001(M.S.) India. Phone : +91-20-30521464 Tele-fax : +91-20-26053371 24 X 7 9371067115 / 9325211464 AURANGABAD OFFICE: Opp. Labh Chambers, MTDC (Holiday Camp) Station Road, Aurangabad 431 005,(M.S.) India. Phone : Email AURANGABAD AIRPORT OFFICE: Travel Help Desk , Airport Arrival Hall, Aurangabad - 431002(M.S.) India. Phone : Tele-fax : +91-240-2338556 Mobile : +919326003533 SHIRDI OFFICE: Opp. MTDC Hotel, Pimpalwadi Road , Near Lodha Hotel, Shirdi. (M.S.) India. Ph +91 9325602631 MUMBAI OFFICE: Well Shine House, 1st Floor, Parsiwada, Next to Mumbai Bazar, Sahar Road, Andheri (East), MUMBAI 400 099.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mahabaleshwar
Email the tour operator - Mahabaleshwar Highest Hill Station Near Pune & Mumbai
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.