Nubra Valley Tour
- Price from:
- 14444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/18/2007
North of Leh across the Khardung La (pass) at 5,578 metres along the highest motorable road in the world is the Nubra Valley.The valley is a virgin paradise for the discerning traveler to this region!
Leh- Nubra Valley- Panamic:The road journey to Nubra valley leads through Khardongla (the highest motor able road in the world) 18380 ft. around 50 kms. away from Leh. After crossing the pass, you can have a view of Khardong village, Khalser and Diskit (the main villages of Nubra valley).Beyond Khalsar, after crossing the confluence of the Shyok and Nubra rivers, you reach Sumur, with the Samstem Ling Gompa. Built in 1841, this Gelugpa (Yellow Hats) monastery houses over a hundred monks. A large statue of Buddha, flanked by Maitreya and Mahakala dominates the Du-khang.A two-hour ride beyond Sumur takes you to Panamic, best known for its hot sulphur springs. Traditional two-storey houses and prayer wheels are alternated with short scrubby vegetation leading down to agricultural fields next to the Nubra. A refreshing bath in the tubs at the hot springs does a lot for a travel weary body, with enough time left to explore the gompa across the river. Though the monastery is not in regular use, you can chance upon one of the monks who will show you what is believed to be the footprint of Tsong-kha-pa. Panamic is the northern-most town up to which travellers are allowed within India.Overnight Panamic.
Panamic-Diskit:Turning westward along the Shyok River, you reach a vast expanse of sandy desert and boulder-filled landscape. The town of Diskit, tucked away along the mountainside is towered by the Karakoram and Ladakh Ranges. The old town with a gompa built in 1420 can be interesting diversions for travellers. Curious tales of a Mongol demon who was slain near the monastery are recounted when you enter the dark precincts. 7 kms north is the small village of Hundur, nestling within a forested patch. This is the farthest point to the west of Leh for visitors.Overnight Diskit.
Diskit-Hunder-Diskit:Post breakfast enjoy a Camel safari from Diskit to Hunder village for 2 hours. Hundar village has small monastery and it is located on ancient Silk Route.Overnight Diskit
Diskit-Leh: Departure to Leh post breakfast.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, all meals & transportation with private vehicle for a minimum of 4 pax travelling together
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not included as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Leh
- High Road From Little Tibet - 11 days from 495 USD
- Discover Ladakh Adventure - 7 days from 500 EUR
- Himalayan Homestay - 5 days from 508 GBP
- The Leh Moonscape - 5 days from 8199 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 3 days from 8555 INR
- Leh Tso Kar Lake Tour - 8 days from 15555 INR
- Leh Khardung La Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Pangong Tso Lake Tour - 5 days from 13333 INR
- Leh Ladakh Tour - 6 days from 14444 INR
- Markha Valley via Ganda - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rumtse Tsomoriri - 14 days from 700 USD
- Great Himalayan Traverse Motorbike Tour Manali To Leh - 17 days from 55500 INR
Email the tour operator - Nubra Valley Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.