Leh Ladakh Tour
- Price from:
- 14444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
Leh-See towering mountains reach up to a clear blue sky. Hear the rhythmic chant of Buddhist monks in an ancient monastery where time stands still. See the rushing waters of an icy river surge down...
Day 01 : Arrival Leh : Arrive at Leh airport, where you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Situated at the height of about 3,505 meters above sea level, Leh is the most common entry point to the Ladakh region. The mountains, snow peaks and fortress-like monasteries for an awesome backdrop to Leh, which is an ideal base for short trips. Rest of the day free for acclimatization to the low oxygen levels at this altitude. All meals. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing of Leh: After breakfast, enjoy a full day excursion to Shey, Thiksey and Hemis Gompas. 15 km from Leh lies the Shey Gompa, situated on the top of a hill. It houses the largest victory stupa with a golden top. Two temples inside contain beautiful old paintings. Nearby is the Thiksey Gompa, with well preserved murals and a huge Buddha statue. A beautiful view of the Indus Valley and the Stok Range can be had here. 20 minutes away is Hemis Gompa, the oldest, wealthiest and largest Gompa in Leh housing beautiful paintings and stupas. Return to hotel for dinner. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Pangong Tso Lake: After a very early breakfast, leave for Pangong Tso, a high altitude lake (154 kms/5 hrs). Drive along the Indus River towards Chang La pass at 17,350 ft. Permits have to be verified at Zingrul traveling check point (TCP), 12 kms short of the pass. There is a temple at the top of the Chang La. The next TCP is at Tsoltakh. Continue to Lukung (32 kms/2 hrs) along a rough track through spectacular moonscape. Pangong Lake is an amazing narrow spread of blue-green water at an altitude of 14,500 ft. It forms a boundary between Ladakh and Ruthong in China. Only a quarter of the lake lies in India, and curiously, the water is salty! Rare black necked cranes and other migratory birds are seen here. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 04 :Sightseeing of Leh: After breakfast, visit Shanti Stupa built with Japanese assistance and inaugurated by the Dalai Lama in 1985. Sankar Gompa is associated with the Spituk Gompa and serves as the residence of the Head Lama. The monastery is a most impressive representative figure of Avalokiteshvara complete with 1000 arms and 1000 heads. The paintings on the walls are worth seeing. Climb up to Leh Palace which was built by Sengge Namgyal. It is a 9-storey palace, in the grand tradition of Tibetan architecture. Dinner Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 :Excursion to the Highest Motorable Pass in the World: Breakfast. This morning enjoy an excursion to Khardung-la (18,380 ft.), one of the highest motorable roads in the world. It was the ancient trade route between India and Central Asia. Khardung-la is the gateway to Nubra Valley. Enjoy magnificent views of the surrounding mountains enroute which include Parcha Khangri, Stok Khangri etc. The road running parallel to Nubra River ends at Siachen base camp. Return to your hotel for lunch. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner Overnight at hotel.
Day 06 : Departure Leh: Transfer to the airport to board your onward flight.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation,all meals & sightseeing by private car
- Exclusions -
- All not mentioned above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Leh
- High Road From Little Tibet - 11 days from 495 USD
- Discover Ladakh Adventure - 7 days from 500 EUR
- Himalayan Homestay - 5 days from 508 GBP
- The Leh Moonscape - 5 days from 8199 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 3 days from 8555 INR
- Leh Tso Kar Lake Tour - 8 days from 15555 INR
- Leh Khardung La Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Pangong Tso Lake Tour - 5 days from 13333 INR
- Nubra Valley Tour - 4 days from 14444 INR
- Markha Valley via Ganda - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rumtse Tsomoriri - 14 days from 700 USD
- Great Himalayan Traverse Motorbike Tour Manali To Leh - 17 days from 55500 INR
Email the tour operator - Leh Ladakh Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.