Discover Ladakh Adventure
- Price from:
- 500 EUR /person
- 22619900, 22619902
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/07/2009
Discover Ladakh Adventure by exploring high altitude Lakes and Valley of Flowers called Nubra Valley.Much more with monasteries and culture at the top of the world called Khardungla Pass.
You will be met upon arrival and transferred to the Hotel. Day for rest & acclimatization with the high altitude. Leh (Ladakh) which is 3500 Mtrs above sea level. Overnight at Hotel.
Leh ( Visit Shey + Thikse + Hemis Monasteries)
After early breakfast full day sightseeing of Shey, Thiksey & Hemis. Shey was the summer Palace of Ladakhi Kings and is where you can see the 36Ft. high statue of Buddha made of copper and covered with gold. Thicksey : The twelve storied monastery of Thicksey is situated in the most prominent of positions, lies on an island Mountain. Finally visit; Hemis : Farthest away from Leh, this is the wealthiest Monastery in Ladakh belonging to the Red Sect - it is here each summer that plays are held and Ladakhis from all parts of the country will visit Hemis. Evening return to Leh. Meals and overnight at Hotel
In Leh (Visit Stok Palace + Leh Palace + Shanti Stupa & Leh Market)
After breakfast visit Stok palace which houses a fine private museum. There is a superb collection of thangkhas, said to be the best in the world. In the afternoon visit Leh, a fascinating labyrinth of winding streets and quaint bazaars. The spectacular eight-storey Leh Palace looming above, overlooking the town, was built in the 16th century, about the same time as the Potala in Lhasa which it resembles. Back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Drive to Alchi (67 Kms)
Morning drive to Alchi for approx 2 hours drive. Situated to the west of the town of Leh. Built by Translator, Rinchen Zangpo, it dates back to the year 1000 AD. Alchi Gompa in Ladakh comprises of a number of blessed temples, including the main one of Rinchen Lhakhang at Lotsa Lhakhang. The other temples are the Jamyang Lhakhang (Manjusri temple) and the Sumtsag Lhakhang. Alchi Monastery of Leh Ladakh reflects an Indian touch, especially in its paintings. Overnight at hotel.
Drive to Lamayuru & back to Leh
Morning drive to Moon valley. Explore Lamayuru Monastery and retrace back to Leh. Just before Leh Town visit Spituk Monastery and check in at the hotel in Leh for an overnight stay.
Leh - Diskit:
( Head Quarters of Nubra Valley : 145 Kms, 7 hrs) : After breakfast depart for Nubra valley that goes through the highest motor able pass in the world at Khardung-la ( 5602 Mts.). Enroute visit Gompa at Khalsar. Check in at the hotel and Evening visit Diskit Gompa and start your camel safari to Hunder by Bacterian Camels across the sand dunes. Overnight at hotel.
Diskit - Hunder: ( 197 Kms, 8 hours):
After breakfast Visit village Hunder and Gompa among lots of trees and mingling streams. Afternoon drive back to Leh.
- Inclusions -
- accommodation with breakfast + Dinner
- Exclusions -
- Expenses for personal nature
- Extras -
- programme can be modified and air tickets can be arranged with us
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Leh
- High Road From Little Tibet - 11 days from 495 USD
- Himalayan Homestay - 5 days from 508 GBP
- The Leh Moonscape - 5 days from 8199 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 3 days from 8555 INR
- Leh Tso Kar Lake Tour - 8 days from 15555 INR
- Leh Khardung La Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Sightseeing Tour - 4 days from 9999 INR
- Leh Pangong Tso Lake Tour - 5 days from 13333 INR
- Nubra Valley Tour - 4 days from 14444 INR
- Leh Ladakh Tour - 6 days from 14444 INR
- Markha Valley via Ganda - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rumtse Tsomoriri - 14 days from 700 USD
- Great Himalayan Traverse Motorbike Tour Manali To Leh - 17 days from 55500 INR
Email the tour operator - Discover Ladakh Adventure
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.