The Lamayuru to Hemis via Markha Valley Trek
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 750 EUR /person
- +91-94192 195 55
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 13 days
- 6 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 03.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 05/28/2007
Oldest and richest monasteries in Ladakh; Lamayuru and Hemis; many mountain passes on this trail; through Hemis national park; protecting snow leopard and other wild animals; 10% chance to view a snow
Leh to Lamayuru - 7 hrs.
Leave Leh for Lamayuru; 125 Kms from Leh: Visit Alchi, Liker monastery on the way to Lamayuru. Arrive Lamayuru by afternoon and visit Lamayuru monastery. Overnight in Camp
Lamayuru to Wanla.- 4-5 hrs
Start you trek after the breakfast via Pirkiting La (3700 mtrs.) from where you can have spectacular view of Zangskar Mountains and Konzske La. The steep descends leads you to first camp at Wanla a pretty village via Shellakung. Over night in Camp.
Wanla to Hinju 5-6 hours:
Leave Wanla for Hinju after the breakfast the nice views of mountains and narrow gorges. The Hinju village comes with the prayer flags in the starting of village. Overnight in Hotel.
Hinju to Sumda Chenmo 5-6 hours:
Procced towards Sumda Chenmo via Konski La 4900 mtrs. From where you can have a view of back route from Pirkiti La. The Valley across the Kanski La has a few huts of shepherds from Hinju where they make butter and cheese.. Overnight in Camp.
Sumda Chenmo to Dundunchan La 5-6 hrs:
The trail leads to Dundunchan la Base along with Sumda chu .Arrive base of the pass after a good walk for 4-5 hrs. Overnight
Dundunchan La base to Chilling 5-6 hrs:
Have a fantastic view from Dundunchan La (4700 mtrs) and trail Leads to Chilling village where the Zangskar River follows towards Nimo village. The chilling village is famous for metal works in Ladakh. Initially the people of Chilling were brought to Ladakh from Nepal Deldan Namgyal to built the statue of Shakyamuni Buddha at Shey. After completion of statue they rewarded with Land at chilling and settled down here by king. Over night in Camp
Chilling to Sku 4-5 hrs.
Here you need to cross Zangskar River with a cable car with you Laugges as pony cannot cross with things. May be you have to change the ponies, as it is difficult to cross the river in mid summer. Reach Sku via Kaya Overnight in Camp
Sku to Markha 7-8 hours:
Sku is comparatively being on a lower altitude it is bit hot in Summer. Walk along the Markha River and then throne scrub. On The way passing through, you can have a wonderful view of back down valley. Markha makes beautiful by Kang- Yatse peak (6400 mtrs.) which over shadows the valley. Overnight in Camp.
Markha to Thachungtse 5-6 hours: The trail splits as soon as you leave the village walk thorough a steep cliff. After double-crossing the river you can view a Gonpa up to the left. Arrive Thachungtse after a lovely walk through Umlung. Overnight in Camp
Thachungtse to Nimaling 4-5 hours:
You can have beautiful views of Kangyatse after passing through several Mani walls. Arrive Nimaling after descends which is a pastureland for Markha villagers. Overnight in tent
Nimaling to Shang Sumdo- 6-7 hours:
Walk towards Shang Sumdo via Kongmaru La pass (5100 mtrs.), This the highest pass in this trek and good walk for around 7 hours. Arrive Shang Sumdo by evening. Overnight in Tent.
Shang Sumdo to Hemis-5 hours:
Walk along the stream down to Hemis monastery, which is one of the oldest and richest monasteries in Ladakh and drive to Leh or camp at Hemis.
Leh- Visit Hemis Monastery Thiksay Monastery and Shey Palace by car overnight Hotel in Leh
- Inclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ladakh
- Oracle Festival of Matho and Stok of Ladakh - 11 days from 950 EUR
- Ladakh Trekking & Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 699 USD
- Lamayuru Zanskar Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Lamayuru Darcha via Zanskar Valley - 29 days from 1450 USD
- Lamayuru Chilling Trek - 11 days from 549 USD
- Ladakh Remote and Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rupshu Kharnak Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Stok Kangri Expedition - 10 days from 499 USD
- Specail Ladakhi Losar Celebration Tour - 12 days from 980 EUR
- Ladakh overland Mountain Biking Tour - 14 days from 1500 EUR
- Stok Kangri The Dream Mountain Expedition - 14 days from 43 INR
Email the tour operator - The Lamayuru to Hemis via Markha Valley Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.