Stok Kangri The Dream Mountain Expedition
- Price from:
- 43 INR /person
- +91 11 29236993 / +91 11
- +91 11 41634118
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/16/2006
Stok Kangri is the perfect objective for fit trekkers without climbing experience that want to summit on their first Himalayan Peak. It is one of the main peaks of the Zanskar Himalayan range.
- Extras -
- It is one of the main peaks of the Zanskar range, situated in the fascinating region of Ladakh. This high and arid landscape has captured the imagination of travelers since it first opened to visitors in 1974. The expedition travels through remote valleys, scattered high villages and past hilltop monasteries to the base of the mountain. The South Ridge provides an exhilarating climb in these fantastic surroundings. Although straightforward, the route is challenging and interesting, providing stunning views of the Karakoram Range and on a clear day, even K2 in the far distance. One of the highlights of the trip is visiting Leh, the ancient capital of Ladakh. The regal air of the city, with its 'potala-like' palace and the charm of the friendly and traditionally dressed Ladakhi people, all contribute to the experience of this expedition.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ladakh
- Oracle Festival of Matho and Stok of Ladakh - 11 days from 950 EUR
- The Lamayuru to Hemis via Markha Valley Trek - 13 days from 750 EUR
- Ladakh Trekking & Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 699 USD
- Lamayuru Zanskar Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Lamayuru Darcha via Zanskar Valley - 29 days from 1450 USD
- Lamayuru Chilling Trek - 11 days from 549 USD
- Ladakh Remote and Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rupshu Kharnak Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Stok Kangri Expedition - 10 days from 499 USD
- Specail Ladakhi Losar Celebration Tour - 12 days from 980 EUR
- Ladakh overland Mountain Biking Tour - 14 days from 1500 EUR
Email the tour operator - Stok Kangri The Dream Mountain Expedition
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.