Stok Kangri Expedition
- Price from:
- 499 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 11.00 pm
- End time:
- 10.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
Stok Kangri is one of the most beautiful peaks in Ladakh. It gives you a real opportunity to climb a 6150 m mountain in less than a week, which is not possible in any other part of the world.
Arrive Delhi - You arrive in Delhi by International flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check-in. After some rest, breakfast at coffee shop in the Hotel. After breakfast we will go on a guided tour of Delhi at 1100 hrs., beginning with a morning sightseeing trip to Old Delhi and followed by visits to the 1648 Red Fort, India's largest mosque - Jama Masjid and Gandhi Memorial at Raj Ghat. Afternoon tour includes visits to India Gate & President's House. Later on time we drive back to hotel for overnight stay.
Delhi - Leh ( BY 9W-609) Dep: 0645hrs / Arr: 0800hrs - Early morning transfer to Domestic Airport to connect the flight for Leh. Upon arrival at Leh Airport our representative would assist you at the Airport and transfer to Hotel. Check in to the hotel. Post breakfast rest of the day for rest for acclimatization. Later in the afternoon a walk around Leh town (3500mtr) includes a visit to Leh Market, Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa & Leh Gompa - This walk shall help us in a getting acclimatized at this height. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Leh - Stok - Mancarmo (4-5 hrs trek)
We leave from Leh in a jeep in the morning. At Stok the pony man will load our big backpacks on the horses that are waiting for us. With our small daypacks we head off for Mancarmo through a beautiful valley, where there are unusual rock formations that point skywards in orange, purple, green colors. Mancarmo (4250 m) is the summer pasture of Stok villagers.
Mancarmo - Base Camp (3-4 hrs trek)
Gradually we go higher into a desolate area, which is inhabited only by marmots and blue sheep. Surrounded by high mountains, we, at base camp (5020 m), will prepare our self mentally and physically for the big day.
Base Camp - Summit 6150 m - Base Camp (10-11 hrs Climbing)
Depending on weather and snow conditions, we leave early around 1:00 am or 2:00 am. Usually conditions are better in the night/ morning, when the sky is clearer because it is colder and the snow will be harder to walk on. We just take a cup of tea and bring our lunch bag, before walking into the night with our torches.
Base Camp - Stok (4 hrs trek) - Leh (17 Km / 1hr drive)
This morning we will not hurry and by the time we open our eyes, you realize that you have scaled a peak higher than any mountain in Europe or North America. After breakfast we will walk down to Stok, retracing our footsteps. Upon arrival transfer to Leh by Jeeps.
Leh Sightseeing - Today we proceed for Indus Valley monastery tour. We start with a visit to Shey, the ancient capital of Ladakh. The monastery here has a huge gold-gilded statue of Buddha Sakyamuni with a large silver lamp burning in front of the statue. Then we visit Thiksey Gompa, an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village.
Leh - Delhi (By 9W610) Dep: 0840hrs / Arr: 0955hrs
Transfer to the Airport to catch the flight for Delhi. Upon arrival in Delhi we assist you to check in at our Hotel. Later in the afternoon we depart for Delhi sightseeing that includes Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar. Later we drive back to hotel for overnight stay.
Delhi - Agra - Delhi (220 Kms. - 04hrs - One way) - Optional Tour
After an early breakfast, we drive at 0730 hrs to Agra, the erstwhile capital of India under the great Mughals and known for The Taj Mahal It has always fascinated Indians and foreigners alike. On the way we visit Sikandra (Tomb of Emperor Akbar). At Agra after lunch (own lunch) We visit the incredible architectural excellence of Taj Mahal. Next we visit Agra Fort , After visiting the fort we drive back to Delhi at 1700 hrs. Upon arrival in Delhi. Finally we will have farewell dinner and later we transfer you to the International airport.
Depart Delhi - Our tour concludes: Caper thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to the International airport for your onward travel to your next destination.
- Extras -
- Tour Information -
Season - May to October
Total Duration: 10 Days
Trekking days: 04 Days
Total trekking hours: 25 hrs
Special Features: Peak Climbing
Trek Grade: Non technical
Max Alt.: 6150 m
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ladakh
- Oracle Festival of Matho and Stok of Ladakh - 11 days from 950 EUR
- The Lamayuru to Hemis via Markha Valley Trek - 13 days from 750 EUR
- Ladakh Trekking & Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 699 USD
- Lamayuru Zanskar Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Lamayuru Darcha via Zanskar Valley - 29 days from 1450 USD
- Lamayuru Chilling Trek - 11 days from 549 USD
- Ladakh Remote and Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 700 USD
- Rupshu Kharnak Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Specail Ladakhi Losar Celebration Tour - 12 days from 980 EUR
- Ladakh overland Mountain Biking Tour - 14 days from 1500 EUR
- Stok Kangri The Dream Mountain Expedition - 14 days from 43 INR
Email the tour operator - Stok Kangri Expedition
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.