Ladakh Remote and Monastery Tour Package
- Price from:
- 700 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 14 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 am
- End time:
- 11.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
DELHI --> LADAKH --> DELHI(14 Days)
Safari to remote Padum area in Zanskar + Monastery tour
Arrival to Delhi and check in the hotel for overnight stay in Delhi.
Delhi - Leh: Fly
Rest of the day free and for acclimatisation.
Leh - After breakfast proceed for Indus Valley monastery tour. We start with a visit to Shey, the ancient capital of Ladakh. The monastery here has a huge gold-gilded statue of Buddha Sakyamuni with a large silver lamp burning in front of the statue. Then we visit Thiksey Gompa, an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village. The two-day festival of monastic dance in June-July has raised the reputation of Hemis particularly high. Overnight stay at the hotel in Leh.
Leh - Likir - Alchi - Lamayuru
After breakfast we drive to Likir and visit Likir gompa situated atop a windy cliff top overlooking the beautiful village of Likir. Then we drive and cross the River Indus and reach Alchi, Ladakh's most loved monastery. After Alchi we have an option to visit the impressive Ridzong Gompa, reached from the road head after a 30-minute uphill walk. It's an impressive monastery well hidden in the lap of the mountains until you're face to face with it. Finally we reach Lamayuru monastery, founded by Rinchen Zangpo in the 10th century. This gompa is located amidst the massive mountains. Overnight stay in Lamayuru.
Lamayuru - Kargil: 107 km / 6 hrs
In the morning we visit the Lamayuru monastery to be part of the morning religious ceremony. It's a very soothing and spiritual experience to be there among these warm and friendly monks. Then drive to Kargil and overnight stay in the hotel.
Kargil - Rangdum: 130 km / 6-7 hrs
In the morning after breakfast we drive towards Suru valley along Suru River. Enroute we see the mighty twin peaks of Nun & Kun that are among the most challenging peaks in Ladakh. By evening we arrive at Rangdum plains in Zanskar region. Overnight stay in the tents in the picturesque campsite.
Rangdum - Padum: 110 km / 6 hrs
In the morning we start and visit the famous Rangdum Monastery perched on a solitary rock in the middle of the valley. After that we drive to Padum, the capital of Zanskar region. By late afternoon we reach Padum and check in at the hotel for the overnight stay.
Padum - Visit various monasteries & villages for 2 days. Stay overnight at the hotel in Padum. Places that can be visited in and around Padum:Karsha
We visit the important Monastery of Karsha. Karsha is the largest Gelug-pa monastery in Zanskar which is believed to be founded by the great translator Lotsava Rinchen Zangpo in 10-11th century AD. In the many halls of Karsha one can find some of the best specimens of Mural art. Later drive back to Padum enroute we stop to visit the Kalachakra Gompa where His Holiness Dalai Lama performed Kalachakra initiations.
Sani -Zongkhul - We can drive to Sani village and then to Ating located on the banks of river Zanskar. The jeep is abandoned at Ating and after crossing the bridge start the steady trek to Zongkhul Cave Monastery the founding of which is ascribed to Naropa. Later on the return journey visit the village of Sani then drive back to Padum. Thongde - We can explore the Monastery of Thongde situated on rocky outcrop. One of the main attractions is the Gon Khang " the chambers of the protectors" of the monastery. Explore the other prayer halls of the Gompa. Later explore the village of Thongde.
Zangla - Drive to northern part of Zanskar valley, Zangla is believed to being ruled still by the king whose Palace stands on hill top Visit the one of the last remaining suspension bridges a remarkable example of primitive engineering. After visit to the Palace, drive further 5-10 minutes to visit the Zangla Nunnery monastery. Bardan - Pibting - Visit the villages of Bardan, 15 km from Padum, and then visit the Pibiting village. Pibiting village can also be walked down from Padum, which is a short distance. Pibiting is considered to be one of the most interesting villages to be explored for the village life.
Padum - Rangdum - Morning drive back to Rangdum. Overnight stay in tented camp.
Rangdum - Kargil - Morning we drive back to Kargil, on arrival check in the hotel. Later proceed for a short visit of the town, which has some of the finest examples of Turkish style houses. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Kargil - Leh: 231 km - On our way back to Leh we can visit the Basgo monastery, famous for its Buddha statue. In Leh overnight stay in the hotel.
Leh - Day at leisure or option of visiting more monasteries. Overnight stay at Leh.
Leh - Delhi: In the morning transfer to the airport to board the flight to Delhi. Transfer and check in the hotel in Delhi.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ladakh
- Oracle Festival of Matho and Stok of Ladakh - 11 days from 950 EUR
- The Lamayuru to Hemis via Markha Valley Trek - 13 days from 750 EUR
- Ladakh Trekking & Monastery Tour Package - 14 days from 699 USD
- Lamayuru Zanskar Trek - 19 days from 950 USD
- Lamayuru Darcha via Zanskar Valley - 29 days from 1450 USD
- Lamayuru Chilling Trek - 11 days from 549 USD
- Rupshu Kharnak Trek - 15 days from 750 USD
- Stok Kangri Expedition - 10 days from 499 USD
- Specail Ladakhi Losar Celebration Tour - 12 days from 980 EUR
- Ladakh overland Mountain Biking Tour - 14 days from 1500 EUR
- Stok Kangri The Dream Mountain Expedition - 14 days from 43 INR
Email the tour operator - Ladakh Remote and Monastery Tour Package
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.