Kerala Backwater Tour
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 599 USD /person
- 91-11-41586840, 41586940
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 13 days
- Location Start:
- COCHIN - PRUDENT NETWORKS
- Location Finish:
- TRIVANDRUM - PRUDENT NETWORKS
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/15/2009
12 NTS 13 DAYS KERALA- Looking forward to the best experience of your life? gorgeous greens, the canopies of coconuts, the bedazzling blues, balmy beaches and the breathtakingly beautiful backwaters!!
Kochi (Cochin) is a starting point of the Romance in Backwater of Kerala tour. Arrival at airport and transfer to the hotel. Witness a superb Kathakali performance in the evening. Treat yourself to a tempting array of Kerala cuisine. Night stay at the hotel.
After breakfast, experience the beauty of nature as you go for city tour. Blessed with various attractions and best of natural beauty, Kochi is affectionately known as âQueen of the Arabian Sea'. Visit the Fort Cochin, Vasco Da Gama Square and Old Harbour House. Also see the Chinese Fishing Nets and Pierce Leslie Bungalow. Night stay in Kochi.
Kochi - Munnar
Leave for Munnar on the third day to romance on Backwater of Kerala Tour with Kerala Hub - PRUDENT NETWORKS. With varied species of flora and fauna, expanse of tea plantations, valleys, mountains and thick forests, Munnar is an idyllic romantic hideaway. On your arrival in Munnar, you will be transfer to the hotel. Explore the various tourist attractions of Munnar. Night stay in Munnar.
After breakfast, proceed to visit some of the famous tourist attractions in and around Munnar. You can visit Nyayamakad, Attukal and Chithirapuram. Night stay in Munnar.
Munnar â Thekkady
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar). If you thirst for nature and wildlife, Thekkady is surely one must visit place in God's Own Country. On your arrival, you will be taken to the hotel. Enjoy boating over the shimmering waters of the Periyar Lake. Night stay at the hotel.
After breakfast, visit the famous Periyar Tiger Reserve. The park promises to add new dimension to your Kerala tour. While exploring the thick forests of Periyar, you might come across the Tiger and many other exotic species of animals. Night stay at the hotel.
Thekkady â Kumarakom
After breakfast, depart for Kumarakom. One of the best backwater destinations in Kerala, Kumarakom reveals the area's unparalleled natural beauty. On your arrival in Kumarakom, check-in at hotel. Visit the Aruvikkuzhi waterfalls. Night stay in the hotel.
After breakfast, visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Truly an oasis for bird lovers, the sanctuary is home to the variety of avifaunal species. Cruise your way to experience the natural beauty. Enjoy bird watching cruise on the lake. Night stay at the hotel.
Kumarakom â Alappuzha
After breakfast, you will be taken to a Kettuvallam (Houseboat). Check in Houseboat. Cruise your way to Alappuzha while enjoy the best of nature's pristine beauty. No tour to Kerala is complete without a splendid backwater cruise. Experience the romance of the backwater during your tour. Night stay in Houseboat.
Arrive in Alappuzha, fondly known as âVenice of the east'. Check-in at hotel. Visit some of the famous tourist attractions in and around Alappuzha such as Karumadikkuttan, Champakulam, etc. Night stay in Alleppey by the Lake side.
Alappuzha â Kovalam
Depart for Kovalam. On your arrival, you will be taken to the hotel. Kovalam is widely known for its shimmering palm-fringed beaches. It is located close to the state capital of Kerala â Thiruvananthapuram. One can o for an excursion to Thiruvananthapuram. Night stay in Kovalam.
Kovalam â Kanyakumari â Kovalam
After breakfast, depart for Kanyakumari. Visit its tourist attractions such as Vivekananda Memorial and Kumari Amman temple. Drive back to Kovalam for night stay.
Kovalam â Thiruvananthapuram
On the concluding day of Romance in Backwater of Kerala tour with Kerala Hub, you will be taken to the airport to catch the flight for your onward journey.
- Inclusions -
- Twin sharing accommodation for 12 nights. Daily breakfast Air-conditioned vehicle for sightseeing and transfers English-speaking guide for city tour in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram Vehicle available for visiting the restaurant for lunch or dinner and shopping All meals included during stay at houseboat All hotel taxes All parking charges, road taxes, driver allowances, etc Harbor cruise charge in Kochi Boat cruise at Kumarakom Dance performance at Kochi Visit excursion destinations
- Exclusions -
- No airfare is included in the tour package Personal expanses are not included Camera fee, tipping, monument entrance fees, etc are not included Ayurveda treatment charges.
- Extras -
- DESTINATION FIRST CLASS HOTEL SET
Kochi (Cochin) Hotel Renaissance, The Presidency Hotel, Abad Plaza
Munnar Las Palms or Igloo Nature Resort
Kumarakom Tharavadu Heritage or Paradise Resorts
Kumarakom / Alappuzha Deluxe Houseboat
Alappuzha Alleppey Prince
Kovalam Sagara Beach Resorts
All hotels are indicative hotels for the first class category of the tour.
Budget, First Class, Deluxe and Luxury category of tour is available. Depending on your preference the tour can be customized further to meet your schedule of arrival, departure and preferences.
By Road Distance:
CITY DISTANCE TIME
Kochi (Cochin) â€' Munnar 153 km 03 hrs
Munnar â€' Thekkady 150 km 03 hrs
Thekkady â€' Kumarakom 175 km 3 Â½ hrs
Kumarakom â€' Alappuzha 53 km 01 hr
Alappuzha â€' Kovalam 180 km 04 hrs
Kovalam â€' Thiruvananthapuram 16 km Â½ hr
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kochi
- Kerala Ayurveda Tour - 12 days from 699 GBP
Email the tour operator - Kerala Backwater Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.