- Price from:
- 550 GBP /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/05/2008
Staying in Kerala homes is the best way to explore Kerala as you will be the guest of an Indian Family who will look after you very well. You will come to know the tradition,culture of Kerala.
Pick up from Cochin. On arrival check in to Homestay.Local sight seeing and overnight stay at home stay
Places of Interest: Dutch Palace, Synagogue, Chinese fishing net.
Activities: Kathakali Dance
Kochi (colonial name Cochin) is a vibrant city situated on the south-west coast of the Indian peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as 'God's Own Country'. Its strategic importance over the centuries is underlined by the sobriquet Queen of the Arabian Sea. Informally, Cochin is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala.
Munnar: After Break fast check out from Cochin and Proceed to Munnar, local sight seeing and overnight stay at Home stay,it is one with modern amenities in Munnar. Nestled in Kerala's finest summer resort it extends homely stay in the hills. Altitude: 1600 Mts to 1800 Mts above sea level Temperature: Min. 0 c - Max. 25 c Clothing: Warm Clothes and Rain Gear Tourist Season: August to March
Places of Interest: Mattupetty Dam, Kundala Dam, Echo Point, top station, Blossom Park, Eravikulam National park (Closed during breeding season), Pothamedu View Point, Attukadu Waterfalls.
Activities: Trekking & walking
Munnar is a town located in Kerala state in the southern Western Ghats in South India. The name is often used to refer to the whole tourist area of Idukki District of which the town forms a part. The name of Munnar is believed to be derived from the Tamil words Munu (three) and aaru (river), referring to the town's strategic location at the confluence of the Muthirappuzha, Chandavurai and Kundaly rivers. The area is surrounded by vast jungles and remains wet and cold during most of the year. The Mattupetty Dam is nearby. The people of Munnar share the culture and traditions of Kerala and their Tamil neighbors.
Thekkady: After Break fast check out from Munnar and Proceed to Thekkady.On Arrival at Thekkady check in Homestay and proceed for local sight seeing and overnight stay at homestay
Places of interest: Challarkovil View point
Activities: Plantation tourâboatingâtrekking--Bamboo rafting
Thekkady is the location of the Periyar National Park, situated close to the Kerala -Tamil Nadu border town of Kumily, it is located about 257 km (160 miles) from Trivandrum. The sanctuary is famous for its dense evergreen, semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forests and savanna grass lands. It is home to herds of elephants, sambar, tigers, gaur, lion-tailed Macaques and Nilgiri Langurs.
Kottayam: After Break fast check out from Thekkady and Proceed to Kottayam.At Kottayam Check In to HOMESTAY and proceed for local sight seeing and overnight at homestay
Places of Interest: Kumarakom bird sanctuary,
Activities: Cooking Class, Fishing
Kottayam literally means the interior of a fort - Kotta + Akam. Rulers of Munjanad and Thekkumkur had their headquarters at Thazhathangadi in Kummanam near Kottayam town. Marthanda Varma of Travancore attacked Thekkumkur and destroyed the palace and the Thaliyil Fort. The remnants of the palaces and forts are still seen here, the present Kottayam district was previously a part of the erstwhile princely state of Travancore. Being a mountainous region with scenic landscapes, backwaters, bird sanctuaries, temples and churches make this a place of tourist attraction. Lying below the sea level, some of its nearby places are also a treat to the eyes.
Alleppey: After Break fast check out from Kottayam and Proceed to Alleppey. At Alleppey check In to Homestay and proceed for local sight seeing and overnight stay at homestay
Places of Interest: Beach, back waters
Alappuzha, also known as Alleppey, is a town in Alappuzha District of Kerala state of southern India. A town with picturesque canals, backwaters, beaches, and lagoons, it was described as the List of places known as Venice of the East by Lord Curzon. It is the administrative headquarters of Alappuzha District. Alleppey has a wonderful past. Though the present town owes its existence to the sagacious Diwan Raja Kesavadas in the second half of 18th century, district of Alappuzha figures in classical Literature. Kuttanad, the rice bowl of Kerala with the unending stretch of paddy fields, small streams and canals with lush green coconut palms, was well known even from the early periods of the Sangam age. History says Alappuzha had trade relations with ancient Greece and Rome in B.C and in the middle Ages, as well as with other parts of India. Alappuzha has a lighthouse, which is a major tourist attraction.
Trivandrum: After Break fast check out from Alleppey and Proceed to Kovalam. At Kovalam check In to Homestay and proceed for local sight seeing and overnight stay at homestay
Places of Interest: Kovalam Beach, Padmanabha swami temple, Zoo, Museum, Art Gallery
Activities: Day trip to Cape
The Kumari Amman or the Kanyakumari Temple, located on the shore, is a Shakti Peetha (centre of power) devoted to a manifestation of Parvati, the virgin goddess. The temple overlooks the shore, attract tourists from all over the world.
The Panchappathi, five primary sacred places of Ayyavazhi is also a visit visit spot in Tour to Cape Comori.
Transfer to International airport at Trivandrum.
- Extras -
- The accommodation selected in this tour are not at all basic but are all very good Home stays.
Tour includes all local sight seeing & a dedicated air conditioned car through out with an English speaking driver.
The tour is with all meals
Airport pick up & drop
Rates are per person
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kerala
- ITP 198 08 K - 8 days from 24500 INR
- IT 199 08 K - 9 days from 13900 INR
- Hub Of Kerala - 5 days from 6000 INR
- Best Of Kerala - 7 days from 10000 INR
- Cheap Rates Of Kerala - 10 days from 14000 INR
- Unexplored Kerala Hills Vagamon - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Kerala Getaway Malampuzha - 2 days from 3333 INR
- Hidden Kerala Tours Nelliyampathy - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Destinations Kerala - 3 days from 4999 INR
- Holiday in Thekkady - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Cottage Stay in Kerala - 5 days from 18000 INR
- Kerala with Lakshdweep Tour - 10 days from 600 USD
- Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour - 10 days from 460 USD
- Kerala Tour - 8 days from 1620 USD
- Eco Trails Kerala - 30 days from 4000 INR
- Monsoon Dhamaka - 7 days from 30500 INR
Email the tour operator - Kerala Homestays
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.