IT 199 08 K
- Price from:
- 13900 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/01/2008
A hundred percent literate people. World-class health care systems. India's lowest infant mortality and highest life expectancy rates. The highest physical quality of life in India.....
Welcome to your "Golden Kerala" tour! On arrival at the Cochin airport or railway station on own, you will transferred to your hotel. Later this afternoon, you will visit fascinating sights like the Chinese fishing nets, the St. Francis Church, Mattencherry Palace and the Jewish Synagogue, the oldest living Synagogue in the world. The rest of the evening is free. Overnight stay at Hotel .
This morning proceed on a drive through the picturesque countryside of Munnar, a popular getaway retreat during the British Raj. Surrounded by lush green tea estates and situated at the confluence of three mountain streams, this picturesque hill station boasts of exotic flora and fauna. On arrival check into your hotel. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Enjoy visiting sections of Old Munnar, which includes the charming old Christ Church with its original fourteen rows of wooden pews. You will also visit Mattupetty Lake which is flanked by steep hills and woods and has been created by the small hydro-electricity dam there. The afternoon is at leisure to absorb the beauty of this hill station. Overnight stay at Hotel.
This morning, drive from the land of tea plantations into the heart of the spice hills in Thekkady. The rest of the afternoon is free to enjoy a walk through the bustling spice market of Kumily village in Thekkady or you have the option of taking a boat cruise on Lake Periyar which is the best way to locate wildlife in Periyar Sanctuary (boats can be hired directly there). Over night stay at hotel.
After break fast you can go for sight seeing of Thekkady. The sanctuary watchtowers: There are three watchtowers for observing wild life - at Edappalayam and Manakkavala and Thannikudi. Kumily: This plantation town, closely associated with Thekkady, is situated on the outskirts of the Periyar Sanctuary. It is an important shopping centre and spice trade centre, the main bus station and most of the medium range accommodation in the Periyar region is in Kumily. Murikkady: Washed in fresh spice scented air, Murikkady is a panorama of cardamom, coffee and pepper plantations. Pandikuzhi: This picturesque place is cradled between Chellarkovil and the Tamil Nadu State border is a popular picnic spot. Pandikuzhi offers great opportunities for trekking and is a photographer's delight.
Today you will be transfer to Alleppey . On arrival check in to the houseboat.Cruise to Moncompu Village walk and temple visit. Back to house boat and proceed to Pulinkunnu, visit church and local market. Cruise towards Kavalam through Puthen thodu (a good stretch of narrow canal) further cruise will be through big rivers with various paddy fields on both sides, viz. Rajapuram, 6000, H-Block, R-Block, etc.Over night stay
Breakfast. Later morning drive to Kovalam.Kovalam" means a grove of coconut trees and true to its name the village offers an endless sight of coconut trees. The crescent-shaped beach has three parts. The southern most beach, and the most popular, is light house beach. It offers an amazing sight of Vizhinjam mosque. The northern Samudra is a laidback one and time seems stands still here. The middle, hawah, in the early day, is a beehive of activities with fishermen setting out for sea. With a high rock promontory and a calm bay of blue waters, this beach paradise creates a unique aquarelle on moonlit nights. On arrival at Kovalm ckeck in hotel at Kovalam.Overnight at hotel.Hotel.
This morning you will be transferred to Kanyakumari , the lands end of India. Lunch at Hotel. After Lunch Visit Kanyakumari Mandir, Tri-Samudra Milan, Gandhi Mandapam In the evening you will visit the Vivekanand Rock Memorial and return to the mainland to see the spectacular sunset in the Arabian Sea. Back to kovalam and overnight at Kovalam.
Transfer to Trivandrum airport / railway station. Today you bid farewell to Gods own Country as your tour ends with a transfer to Trivandrum railway station or airport.
- Extras -
- Package inclusive of
- Accommodation for 2 adults for 8 nights & 9 days as per the details given above
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Daily buffet break fast in all hotels
- Houseboat stay is inclusive of all meals, bed coffee, evening tea and snacks
- Arrival/departure transfer and all land transfers by Non Air conditioned Indica
- Pickup from Cochin Airport/Railway Station
- Drop at Cochin Airport/Railway Station
- All sight seeing, land transfer & inter hotel transfer
- Multilingual driver with professional sight seeing assistance
- All must seeing spots in all destinations will be covered
- Driver beta/toll/parking/road tax/fuel charge
- Check in Check out 12.00 noon at all hotels
- Check in 12.00 noon/Check out 9.00 am at Houseboat
- All applicable tax
Package Cost Excludes
- Air Fare/Train Fare
- Any additional meals other than mentioned in the 'inclusive' coloumn
- All entry fees
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, telephone calls etc.
- Optional Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Any item not specifically mentioned in "Inclusions" column
Our Exclusive Supplement
Boating in Periyar Lake through Periyar Tiger Reserve
Backwater Sunset Cruise on Vembanad Lake
Pilgrimage Center Visit in Trivandrum
Exclusive Kanyakumari Tour
Visit Padmanabhapuram Palace
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kerala
- Kerala Homestays - 10 days from 550 GBP
- ITP 198 08 K - 8 days from 24500 INR
- Hub Of Kerala - 5 days from 6000 INR
- Best Of Kerala - 7 days from 10000 INR
- Cheap Rates Of Kerala - 10 days from 14000 INR
- Unexplored Kerala Hills Vagamon - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Kerala Getaway Malampuzha - 2 days from 3333 INR
- Hidden Kerala Tours Nelliyampathy - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Destinations Kerala - 3 days from 4999 INR
- Holiday in Thekkady - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Cottage Stay in Kerala - 5 days from 18000 INR
- Kerala with Lakshdweep Tour - 10 days from 600 USD
- Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour - 10 days from 460 USD
- Kerala Tour - 8 days from 1620 USD
- Eco Trails Kerala - 30 days from 4000 INR
- Monsoon Dhamaka - 7 days from 30500 INR
Email the tour operator - IT 199 08 K
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.