Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour
- Relaxation / Massage
- Price from:
- 460 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/23/2007
Kerala is one of the most colorful, vibrant, must see destinations. Exotic Kerala tour combines the quintessential beauty of Cochin churches, royal palaces and the rich legacy of Munnar tea estates.
You arrive in Cochin by international flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would meet & assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check-in. Afternoon we leave for a boat cruise on sunset and in the evening we see Kerala's most popular classical dance, Kathakali. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Cochin - Munnar (150 km/ 4 hrs) In the morning at 0900 hrs we leave for a half day city tour of Cochin, with visits to St. Francis' Church, Dutch Palace (Built by the Portuguese), Jew Town, the Jewish Synagogue built in the year 1568, spice market, where the air is filled with the pungent smell of spices, and Chinese fishing nets.
Later in the afternoon we drive to Munnar. The distance of approximately 150 km is covered in around 4 hours while enjoying the scenic beauty with marvelous waterfalls, high mountains and low flying clouds passing through. Upon arrival check-in hotel for overnight stay. (B)
Munnar is one of the most popular hill stations in India. Morning post breakfast we head for a half-day tour of Munnar, visiting the world's highest tea estates spread like a green carpet over hundreds of kilometres, Lush green hills all around - a place to be seen to be believed, and Eravikulam National Park (Park is closed in the month of January and February), the best place to see the Nilgiri Tahr (mountain goat). Rest of the day at leisure to explore the destination on your own. Overnight stay at hotel. (B)
Munnar - Periyar (160 km/ 4 hrs)
Today we head for one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries in India, the Periyar Wildlife Reserve. Upon arrival at Periyar, we assist you to check in at our hotel. Set on an attractive lakeside, it is South India's most popular Wildlife Sanctuary. Late afternoon at 1500 hrs we shall take you to a guided Spice and plantation tour in one of the Spice Gardens / Plantations for which this region is famous. Overnight stay at the hotel. (B)
Periyar - Kumarakom (135 km/ 4 hrs)
Periyar is a place to cruise on the lake and gives an opportunity to see wildlife. It is home to tigers, leopards, elephants, bison (gaur), antelopes, sambhar, wild boar, money etc, and a wide variety of birds.Early morning before breakfast at 0630 hrs we go for a wildlife viewing to the sanctuary on lake Periyar by boat cruise. After two hours of wildlife viewing we get back to the hotel for breakfast. Later we leave for Kumarakom known for its backwaters, huge Vembanad Lake and the famous Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary.
Kumarakom - Thothapalli (Overnight Houseboat)
After breakfast a visit to Bird Sanctuary. This region is famous for its beautiful backwaters and village life revolving around the banks of these backwaters. On arrival board the houseboat, locally called Kettuvallam, and cruise around backwaters of Kumarakom to Thothapalli to observe and experience the daily life of the villagers along the backwaters. Overnight stay in the houseboat. (B, L, D)
Thothapalli - Kovalam (90 km/ 2 hrs)
Disembark the houseboat and next we head for Kovalam, South of Trivandrum, one of India's best beaches and famous for water sports in Southern India. The day's invested in exploring the unbounded beauty of this place. Overnight stay. (B)
Day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel. (B)
Day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel. (B)
Kovalam - Trivandrum (Depart)
Tour concludes. We thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to the Railway Station / Airport for your onward travel
- Inclusions -
- » Local English speaking guide in Cochin & Munnar
- Exclusions -
- » Any airfare or airport tax.
- Extras -
- # Visit lake Periyar by boat cruise.
# Visit to St. Francis' Church, Dutch Palace, Jew Town and the Jewish Synagogue of Cochin
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kerala
- Kerala Homestays - 10 days from 550 GBP
- ITP 198 08 K - 8 days from 24500 INR
- IT 199 08 K - 9 days from 13900 INR
- Hub Of Kerala - 5 days from 6000 INR
- Best Of Kerala - 7 days from 10000 INR
- Cheap Rates Of Kerala - 10 days from 14000 INR
- Unexplored Kerala Hills Vagamon - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Kerala Getaway Malampuzha - 2 days from 3333 INR
- Hidden Kerala Tours Nelliyampathy - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Destinations Kerala - 3 days from 4999 INR
- Holiday in Thekkady - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Cottage Stay in Kerala - 5 days from 18000 INR
- Kerala with Lakshdweep Tour - 10 days from 600 USD
- Kerala Tour - 8 days from 1620 USD
- Eco Trails Kerala - 30 days from 4000 INR
- Monsoon Dhamaka - 7 days from 30500 INR
Email the tour operator - Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.