Cottage Stay in Kerala
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 18000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/26/2007
God's own country, with its palms & backwaters, hill stations & tea estates, wildlife & houseboats, never seemed the same from the confines of your waterfront cottage at different destinations....
Arrival Cochin & check in at your luxury cottage.
Cochin, believed to be the finest natural harbor in the world is well regarded as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. The buildings are built in Portuguese style. Post breakfast ferry across to Mattancherry Island : a quaint Jew town of palanquins & heraldry, jewels & rich murals. Also visit the famed St Francis Church & the old Synagogue. Afternoon enjoy a special Ayurvedic massage session at the resort. Evening enjoy spectacular views of the Chinese fishing nets at the waterfront. Dinner & Overnight at Cochin.
Cochin / Munnar
Post breakfast drive to Munnar & check into your luxurious cottage. Post lunch visit the Eravikulam Wildlife Sanctuary set up for the preservation of the endangered Nilgiri Tahr. The main inhabitant of the park is Nilgiri Tahr. Now the park has the largest known population of Tahr's existing in the world. The park also shelters Atlas Moth, Elephants, Sambhar's, Gaurs, Lion-tailed Macaque, Nilgiri, Langur, Tigers and Leopards.Spread across an area of 97 sq. kms, the park exhibits the breathtaking natural splendor of rolling grasslands and exotic flowers. Anamudi, the highest peak south of Himalayas, towers over the sanctuary in majestic pride. The Atlas Moth, largest of its kind in the world, is a unique possession of the park. Later visit Marayoor, the only place in Kerala that has a natural growth of sandalwood trees. The sandalwood factory of the forest department, the caves with murals and relics from the new Stone Age civilization and the children's park spread across a hectare of land under the canopy of a single banyan tree are of great interest to tourists. Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
Post breakfast visit Devikulam ,1800 meter above sea level and16 km. from Munnar Devikulam is a small and beautiful hill station. The Devi lake with its mineral water is a natural gift.7 kms from munnar, this hill station with its lawns, flora and fauna and the cool air is a experience. The sita devi lake with its mineral waters and its surroundings is a good picnic spot. The lake is also ideal for fishing. Post lunch is at leisure to explore the breathtaking surroundings of tea plantations. Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
Munnar / Kumarakom
Morning drive to Kumarakom near Kottayam and stay in one of the backwater cottages. The panoramic backwaters here offer an ideal retreat to enjoy nature at its best. The village of Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake, and this small water world is part of the Kuttanad region. Post lunch visit the bird sanctuary here, which is spread across 14 acres, is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and an ornithologist's paradise. Egrets, darters, herons, teal, waterfowl, cuckoo, wild duck and migratory birds like the Siberian stork that live there in flocks are a fascination for visitors. The best way to watch the birds of the Kumarokom sanctuary is a boat trip round the islands. An enchanting backwater destination, Kumarokom offers visitors many other leisure options. Boating and fishing facilities are available at Kumarokom. An unbelievably beautiful paradise of mangrove forests, emerald green paddy fields and coconut groves interspersed with enchanting waterways and canals adorned with while lilies - this is Kumarokom. Dinner & overnight at your backwater cottage at Kumarakom.
Kumarakom - Alleppey -Houseboats
Morning drive a short distance before switching over to a boat for a through many canals and waterways up to Alleppey. The backwater cruise in a country boat is the best way to explore the villages and rural life. In Alleppey you will be taken aboard your floating houseboat, a different boat with a bedroom and en-suite rest room for your comfort. Enjoy unlimited surfing on backwaters, sip a coconut, get disturbed by only the chirping of birds and occasional ripples in water and savor mouthwatering delicacies prepared in front of you by your Kitchen crew. Spend the night on board the houseboat. Enjoy a cruise on the backwater through a maze of canals and lagoons and enjoy freshly caught fresh water fish cooked to your taste on board. Overnight houseboat..
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation , breakfast, dinner & all taxes at your cottages with all excursions as per itinerary by a private vehicle
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kerala
- Kerala Homestays - 10 days from 550 GBP
- ITP 198 08 K - 8 days from 24500 INR
- IT 199 08 K - 9 days from 13900 INR
- Hub Of Kerala - 5 days from 6000 INR
- Best Of Kerala - 7 days from 10000 INR
- Cheap Rates Of Kerala - 10 days from 14000 INR
- Unexplored Kerala Hills Vagamon - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Kerala Getaway Malampuzha - 2 days from 3333 INR
- Hidden Kerala Tours Nelliyampathy - 2 days from 4444 INR
- Offbeat Destinations Kerala - 3 days from 4999 INR
- Holiday in Thekkady - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Kerala with Lakshdweep Tour - 10 days from 600 USD
- Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour - 10 days from 460 USD
- Kerala Tour - 8 days from 1620 USD
- Eco Trails Kerala - 30 days from 4000 INR
- Monsoon Dhamaka - 7 days from 30500 INR
Email the tour operator - Cottage Stay in Kerala
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.