Kausani Sightseeing Tour
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/17/2007
A 300 km wide view curves across the Himalayas from Kausani, a breathtakingly beautiful hill station in the Kumaon Hills in Uttaranchal. The eye sweeps past dense forests and glowing lit up hills...
Arrival Kausani : Arrival & check in at your mountain resort. Post lunch is at leisure to explore the picturesque surroundings of this quaint little town on foot.
The eye sweeps past dense forests and glowing hills lit up by the setting sun. The panorama unfolds over the snow-covered peaks of Nanda Devi and Trishul, their impenetrable beauty overshadowing the lesser mountains scattered at their feet. At 7,817 mt, Nanda Devi is the second highest peak in India and has exerted a tremendous impact on the cultures and lives of the Kumaoni and Garhwali peoples. Mt. Trishul and Nanda Ghunti hover close by, symbolic of Shiva's trident and his wife's veil.
Besides these heart-stopping views, Kausani offers blissfully undiluted silence and tranquillity. The crisp air in Kausani is laden with the scent of pines. Tea gardens and pear orchards dot the landscape around Kausani while the summer months see a profusion of wild flowers in the valleys. Kausani itself is perched on a narrow ridge on Pingnath Peak, overlooking mountain vistas, while the rivers Gomti and Kosi flank the town.
Dinner & overnight at Kausani.
Post breakfast visit the Anasakti Ashram.
Kausani has had many moments in the sun - as the birthplace of Hindi poet Krishna Nandan Pant, and again as the hill station where Mahatma Gandhi spent some happy days in 1929. Gandhiji stayed at the Anasakti Ashram, where he explored the Anasakti Yoga. The Ashram at Kausani used to be a guesthouse in a tea estate, and is now a research centre and library. A Gandhi memorial has been erected here and evening prayers are said in the main hall. There is a regular flow of pilgrims trying to combine a glimpse of the sanctum with a view of the spectacular sunset.
Post lunch is at leisure to explore the town on ponies or foot.
Dinner & overnight at Kausani.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at a premium mountain resort with all taxes, breakfast & dinner & all excursions as described in the itinerary.
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kausani
Email the tour operator - Kausani Sightseeing Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.