Royal Desert City Tour of Rajasthan
- Price from:
- 578 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/24/2007
Rajasthan is where all the countrys similies and metaphors appear to have come together. Sand dunes, wooded hills and amazing lakes, palaces and rugged forts, men and women in colourful turbans .
In the morning arrive at Jodhpur airport or railway station. Upon arrival in Jodhpur you will be met by our representative and transferred to the hotel. Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan. Jodhpur is also known as the blue city as most of the houses of the old city are painted blue. In the afternoon have sightseeing in Jodhpur. We will visit the Mehrangarh Fort (majestic fort). Mehrangarh Fort was built on a steep hill and is among the best in India with exquisitely latticed windows within the residential apartments. We also visit the Jaswant Thada, a royal cenotaph built in white marble. After the sightseeing we have a walk through the Bazaars of Jodhpur.
Jodhpur - Jaisalmer (about 290 km)
After having breakfast drive to Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer's crenellated golden sandstone walls and its narrow streets lined with exquisitely carved buildings makes this city unique. Jaisalmer is famous for its carved havellis (grand mansions). In medieval times, its prosperity was due to its location on the main trade route which links India to Egypt, Arabia, Africa and the West. Jaisalmer is a marvel of beautiful culture and this city remains one of the most exotic city not only in Rajasthan but in the whole of India. Some of the visitors called this city a living museum. Arrive in Jaisalmer in the evening. Rest of the day at leisure.
Today we have a walk through the old city and visit the fort and the Jain temple. In the afternoon we drive around 40 km away from Jaisalmer to Sam dunes where we enjoy the sunset before we drive back to Jaisalmer.
Jaisalmer - Bikaner (about 330 km)
After breakfast drive to Bikaner. In Bikaner today we visit the Junagarh Fort (1571-1611 AD) constructed of red sandstone and marble with kiosks and balconies embellishing the structure at intervals. This imposing fort and its palaces will be an unforgettable experience for us.
Bikaner - Mandawa (about 190 km)
After breakfast we proceed to Mandawa in the Shekhawati region. Shekhawati is in the North east region of Rajasthan and is the homeland of marwaris. The marwaris form one of the most important merchant and business groups in India. They developed their business acumen on the trade routes between Delhi and the coast between India and Central Asia. The marwaris enjoyed protections by Maharajas and many of them built grand havellis. In the evening we visit havellis. The havellis are mansions, elaborately and attractively decorated with a strong main entrance. The walls are often covered with murals, local legends and religious scenes from Hindu mythology.
Mandawa - New Delhi (about 260 km)
In the morning we drive to New Delhi. In the afternoon we have sightseeing in Old Delhi. Sightseeing of Old Delhi includes "Rajghat", the place where Mahatma Gandhi was cremated, and Jama Masjid, the great mosque of Old Delhi. Today we also visit the famous Humayun Tomb which is the first substantial example of Mughal architecture in India and Qutub Minar which is 71 meter high and was constructed in 1199. Before we proceed to the hotel we drive through New Delhi where we visit the India Gate, Government buildings and Embassies.
Around midnight flight to home destination.
- Inclusions -
- Camel ride in Jaisalmer.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jodhpur
- Desert Golden Triangle - 11 days from 807 USD
- Rajasthan Desert Triangle with Taj Mahal - 10 days from 751 USD
- Royal Rajputana Desert Tour - 8 days from 613 USD
- Golden Sand Tour of Rajasthan - 5 days from 440 USD
- Experiences of Desert Tour - 4 days from 319 USD
- Rajasthan Tour - 11 days from 26000 INR
- Jodhpur City Tour Package - 2 days from 3000 INR
- Jodhpur City Tour with Osian - 3 days from 5000 INR
- Jodhpur City Tour with Village Safari - 3 days from 4500 INR
- Desert Tour - 4 days from 9000 INR
- Desert City Tour - 7 days from 17000 INR
- Magical Rajasthan Tour - 11 days from 25000 INR
- Forts and Battlefields of Rajasthan - 22 days from 1099 USD
- Sightseeing tour package of Jodhpur The Blue City - 4 days from 14999 INR
Email the tour operator - Royal Desert City Tour of Rajasthan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.