Jaisalmer Camel Safari
- Price from:
- 75 GBP /person
- 01273 322044
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/19/2009
Explore Jaisalmer, full of magnificent sand dunes, temples and tiny villages and camp out under the stars. The best way to get around this area is on top of your very own plodding, lazy-eyed camel.
Jaisalmer - Thar DesertYou'll begin your day with a jeep transfer to the spot where the camels are waiting for you. During the safari, you'll be accompanied by a couple of real camel drivers who belong to a camel drivers' caste. Members of this caste have been travelling with these strange animals for many generations. The camel will kneel for you to climb on, and when it stands up you'll find that you're suddenly perched up pretty high. Together with your camel driver, you'll head off, swaying a little, into the huge expanse of the desert. On the first day you'll ride for around 2-3 hours, passing through traditional nomadic villages. Here, you'll see how the local people manage to live in the desert. You'll then begin plodding once again though bare plain, which will gradually turn into rolling sand dunes. The journey today ends at your camp on the dunes, where the meals will be provided and you'll spend the night under the stars. The camel drivers certainly know how to turn a few simple ingredients into a delicious meal. You'll sleep in a romantic tented camp, where all the necessary facilities are available. Your tent will have a mattress, sheets and blankets, so you'll only need to bring along a small rucksack with some clothing and toiletries.
Thar Desert - JaisalmerThe next day, you'll make an early start. In the mornings, the clear desert can be pretty cold, but within an hour temperatures will soar. At certain times of the year, the difference in temperatures in a single day can be 50 degrees. You'll ride for 2 hours this morning, passing traditional desert villages with clay huts. Eventually, you'll end up on the outskirts of Jaisalmer, where you'll say a fond farewell to your camel and his driver. After this, you'll be taken back to Jaisalmer to continue with your trip.
- Inclusions -
- 1 night accommodation, transfer by jeep, all meals.
- Exclusions -
- International flights.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jaisalmer
- Desert Forts & Clay Huts - 4 days from 232 GBP
- Swiss Cottage Stay in Jaisalmer - 2 days from 8000 INR
- Camel Safari Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- New Years Package Tour Jaisalmer - 3 days from 12999 INR
- Honeymoon Package Tour in Jaisalmer Rajasthan - 3 days from 9999 INR
- Camel Safari On The Sand Dunes In Jaisalmer Rajasthan - 8 days from 2500 INR
Email the tour operator - Jaisalmer Camel Safari
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.