Camel Safari On The Sand Dunes In Jaisalmer Rajasthan
- Price from:
- 2500 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- 7 hours
- Location Start:
- camel safari camp retreat, jaisalmer
- Location Finish:
- camel safari camp retreat,jaisalmer
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 08.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/16/2007
The Camp People's Camel Safari Camp Retreat,Jaisalmer offers camel safaris through typical desert villages or long-distance expeditions lasting a few days traversing through exotic desert landscapes
Day 01 : Arrival at the Camel Safari Camp Retreat, Jaisalmer from Jodhpur / Bikaner. Check into your deluxe tents. Evening traditional folk dancers & musicians will perform for you whilst you relish the bar-be-cue delicacies over a bonfire session. Dinner & overnight at the Camel Safari Camp Retreat,Jaisalmer
DAY 02 : Post breakfast time to get familiarized with your escorts & camels. Post lunch a sightseeing tour is organized to see the Fort of Jaisalmer. Evening camel ride to the Sam Sand Dunes with your camels & escorts to view a spectacular sunset. Overnight at the Camel Safari Camp Retreat, Jaisalmer
Day 03 : Camel Safari Camp Retreat ,kanoi ,Jaisalmer - Badabagh - Baisakhai : Ramkunda.
After breakfast start by camels for Badabagh : the site of royal cenotaphs of Bhatti Rajput Kings (The then rulers of Jaisalmer) Have lunch at Baisakhai : a typical village, visit a Hindu temple then proceed to Ramkunda, a holy place with beautiful landscapes & Hindu temples.Evening Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 04 - Ramkunda - Roopse - Ludharva -Chatrayil
After breakfast proceed to Ludharva via Roopsi, a mixed cast village with mud and stick houses. Have lunch at Ludharva, visit Jain temples & proceed to Chatrayil, a traditional and typical Muslim village, Reach Peerawal. Dinner and overnight at tents.
Day 05 - Chatrayil - Salkha Beri of Kanoi - Sand dunes
After breakfast proceed to Salkha : a traditional Rajput village. Have lunch and proceed towards Sand dunes via Beri of Kanoi : a place packed with water wells. Here you can see how the ladies in colorful attire are balancing the water pots on their heads. Reach sand dunes. Dinner, desert folk music, campfire is at sand dunes.
Day 06 - Sand dunes - Kanoi - Masoordi - Jeseiri
After breakfast proceed to Masoordi via Kanoi. A typical carpenters village. Here you can see and buy beautifully carved wooden items. Arrive Masoordi and have lunch. After lunch proceed to Jeseiri : a water tank by the Oasis with a beautiful landscape. Dinner and overnight near that tank.
Day 7 - Jeseiri - Dedha - Deegasar - Kuldhara
After breakfast proceed to Deegasar via Dedha : a Rajput village and observe the life style of Rajputs. Have your lunch at Deegasar : stunning landscape and a small lake. Proceed further for Kuldhara via a small Rajput Dhani : A typical group of houses where people stay while cultivating their agriculture fields. Arrive Kuldhara : where you will see planning of villages in ancient times. Overnight at camps.
Day 8 - Kuldhara - Moolsagars - Amarsagar - Jaisalmer
After breakfast leave for Jaisalmer via Moolsagar and Amarsagar. On arrival check in into hotel. Rest of the day free to relax. Overnight at hotel.
- Extras -
- Camel safari's, jeep safari's, bonfire, bar-be-cue, sit down dinners in the midst of sand dunes, traditional folk dances, gala evenings, theme dinners on Arabian nights pattern with elaborate costumes, night stroll into the barren desert with a treasure hunt & DJ music gala evenings are a few specials at the Camel Safari Camp Retreat.
The ship of the desert, the camel, was domesticated thousands of years ago primarily for the purpose of making tedious journeys through the unrelenting Thar Desert.The Rawla Camp Retreat offers short safari's through a typical Rajasthani village or a long-distance expedition lasting a few days. The best times for travelling are the cooler parts of the day, the mornings and evenings.
The sights en route will captivate one and are bound to become a part of your most treasured memories. The sea of yellow shimmering sand ,herds of cattle and sheep roaming around purposelessly ,the children trotting off to school, while their mothers prepare their afternoon meal on a dung-fire.
Underneath the star-studded sky, you feel the cool desert breeze and wonder about life in the untamed countryside of this fascinating desert.
Besides the comfortable camel safari one also gets to see proud local tribes--- Bishnois, Bhils, shepherds, potters, weavers etc in their natural surroundings. And not to mention the various varieties of desert wildlife-the likes of bluebulls, gazelles, foxes, peacocks, partridges etc.
Itineraries of 2 to 7 days can be arranged traversing approx. 40-50 kms a day on camel. These itineraries are planned so that nights halts are usually near the village to provide opportunities to mingle with the local village folks and to provide insight to the traditional way of their life and culture. Besides one camel per pax on the safari, a camel cart accompanies on the tour to handle baggage and allow riders to take rest as and when required.
Our tours include three meals a day, tea/coffee, two mineral water bottles per day, an escort and tents on sharing basis, kitchen tent, toilet tents with pit system, foam mattresses and entertainment by local artisans.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jaisalmer
- Jaisalmer Camel Safari - 2 days from 75 GBP
- Desert Forts & Clay Huts - 4 days from 232 GBP
- Swiss Cottage Stay in Jaisalmer - 2 days from 8000 INR
- Camel Safari Tour - 5 days from 9999 INR
- New Years Package Tour Jaisalmer - 3 days from 12999 INR
- Honeymoon Package Tour in Jaisalmer Rajasthan - 3 days from 9999 INR
Email the tour operator - Camel Safari On The Sand Dunes In Jaisalmer Rajasthan
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.