- Price from:
- 19999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
Rajasthan Tour - Jaipur,Udaipur, Ranakapur,Jodhpur,Jaisalmer
Rajasthan-amazing legends of heroism and romance still resound from its equally amazing architecture, that still stands to narrate.....
Day 01 : Arrival Jaipur : Pick up from the railway station / airport & check-in to your hotel.Traditional welcome by garlanding & tika ceremony follwed by welcome drinks.Morning is at leisure.
Post lunch enjoy an escorted half day sightseeing tour of the pink city commencing with The City Palace.Located in the heart of the walled city, The City Palace Complex gives you an idea about the farsightedness of the founder of Jaipur Sawai Jai Singh.The palace is a blend of Mughal and Rajasthani architecture and the royal family still lives in a part of the palace.
Later visit the Palace of winds or the Hawa Mahal.Poet king Sawai Pratap Singh built this palace of winds. This is the most easily recalled landmarks of Jaipur and is also its icon. Located in the city Palace it is best viewed from the outside for the palace is really a facade. This five-storey building overlooking the busy bazaar street is a stunning example of Rajput architecture and artistry with its pink delicately honeycombed 953 sandstone windows known as 'jharokhas'. It was originally built for the ladies of the royal household to watch everyday life and processions in the city from their veiled comfort.
Also visit Jantar Mantar, one of the five observatories in India . Built by Sawai Jai Singh, this is one of the largest and the best preserved. A passionate hobby of the king in the field of Astronomy, numerology, insighted him to execute this observatory and with the help of skilled labourers, they managed to create a collection of complex astronomical instruments chiselled out of stone and most of which continues to provide accurate information to this day.
Evening jeep ride to the Nahargarh Fort, located on the sheer rugged ridge of Aravali Hills forming an impressive northern backdrop of Jaipur. It looks most classy when floodlit at night. The fort overlooks the city and presents a glittering view of the city lights.
Evening at leisure to explore the colourful bazaars & for souvenir shopping.Enjoy a Rajasthani folk performance at your palace hotel coutryard in the evening. Dinner & overnight at Jaipur.
Day 02 : Jaipur :Morning tour of The Amber Fort, set in picturesque and rugged hills , a fascinating blend of Hindu and Mughal architecture. Constructed by Raja Man Singh I in 1592 and completed by Sawai Jai Singh I the fort is made in red sand stone and white marble. The rugged forbidding exterior belies an inner paradise with a beautiful fusion of art and architecture. Amber is the classic and romantic fort- palace with a magnificent aura. The interior wall of the palace depicts expressive painting scenes with carvings, precious stones and mirror settings. In the foreground is the Maota Lake providing a breathtaking look. Built mainly for the warring enemies as a safe place, the heavily structured walls could defend the residents within the ramparts of the fort.
Post lunch an organized shopping tour through the treasure trove of the local bazaars.Shop for the local 'Kundan', style jewellery which finds a market throughout the world,the exotic blue pottery, the batik painting, block printed textiles of Sanganer and Bagru, tie & dye fabrics, Mojari- (the local shoe), sandal wood carving items & beautiful stone carvings etc.
Optionally you may choose from one of the 2 excursions :
Samode Palace, 40 kms away from the city & one of the best palace/heritage hotels in the country with amazing frescoes & antique /mirror work within its public chambers.
Chokhi Dhani, 20 kms away,a traditional village setup which comes alive in the evenings in a mock village fair setup.
Dinner at either of the two places or at your hotel. Overnight Jaipur.
Day 03 : Jaipur - Udaipur : Assistance upon departure by train or flight to Udaipur. Met upon arrival & transfert to your hotel.Rest of the day at leisure.In case of train journery overnight in train.
Day 04 : Udaipur : A desert kingdom tucked away in the midst of hills, an impregnable citadel, an impressive royal lineage stretching back 26 generations, a do or die attitude and a fierce sense of independence characterise Udaipur. Unlike its desert counterparts in Rajasthan, Udaipur is situated in the forested, hilly region of Aravalli Ranges in complete contrast to the arid deserts of Marwar in the northwest.
Commence your sighsteeing today with the City Palace which towers over the Pichola Lake. Maharana Uday Singh initiated in the construction of the palace but succeeding Maharanas added several palaces and structures to the complex retained a surprising uniformity to the design.
Later visit the Sahellion Ki Bari or the 'garden of the maidens' which brings to mind the lifestyle of the ladies of the court. The delightful gardens appear discreet and in impeccable taste. There are four pools with dainty kiosks, and all around are flowerbeds, lawns, pools and fountains protected by a series of walls and shady trees.
Evening enjoy a sunset boat cruise at the azure waters of Lake Pichola.Pichola Lake derives its name from Pichola Village was submerged and Maharana Udai Singh enlarged the lake after he founded the city. This picturesque lake encloses the Jag Niwas Island and the Jag Mandir.
Relish your traditional Rajasthani dinner at the famed Lake Palace or at your hotel. Overnight Udaipur.
Day 05 :Uadipur : Morning drive past the Fateh Sagar Lake.Later visit the Shilpgram.Literally meaning a "Craftsmen's Village" is a living ethnographic museum depicting the enormous diversities in craft, art & culture between various Indian states, but the exquisite terracotta work mainly in dark red and dark brown sand material along with the wooden carvings are the forte of this ethnic village . Shilpgram comprises 26 huts set in 70 acres of natural surroundings at the foot of the Aravali Hills.Postlunch is at leisure for souvenir shopping & exloring the coulourful bazaars.Dinner & Overnight at Uadaipur.
Day 06 : Udaipur-Ranakpur-Jodhpur:Enjoy a picturesque drive to Jodhpur enroute stopping at Ranakpur.Beautiful sculptured Jain temples mark the glory of this renowned place. Marked as one of the five holy places for the Jain community, these were created in the 15 the century.
Continue to Jodhpur & check into your hotel.This bustling desert city is the second largest city in Rajasthan after Jaipur and has landscape dominated by the massive Meherangarh Fort topping a sheer rocky ridge.Evening at leisure to explore the bazaars on a horse carriage or cycle rickshaw.Dinner & overnight at Jodhpur.
Day 07 : Jodhpur : Post breakfast commence your sightseeing with the Mehrangarh Fort.Perched on a 150 m high hill its sprawl is the most formidable and magnificent fort in Rajasthan. Rao Jodha founded it in 1459 but subsequent rulers of Jodhpur have also added to it over the centuries. A meandering road leads to the from the city 5 kms below. Battle scars of canon ball hit by attacking armies of Jaipur can still be seen on the second gate.
Also visit theJaswant Thada or the royal cenotaphs.
Optional lunch at the grand Umaid Bhawan Palace.Maharaja Umaid Singhji who built this palace was fascinated with western lifestyles so he marshalled the services of a well-known Edwardian architect, Henry Vaughan Lanchester, a creditable equal of Edward Lutyens (architect of New Delhi) to construct a three hundred and forty seven roomed Umaid Palace. This was to become India last of the great palaces and the biggest private residence in the world. Spectacular Central Rotunda, the cupola rises to a hundred and five feet high; the Throne Room with its exquisite Ramayana murals; an elegant wood-panelled library, and even a private museum; an indoor swimming pool, a Billiards Room, tennis courts and unique marble squash courts makes Umaid Bhawan Palace is unabashedly the most magnificent.
Evening jeep safari to the neighbouring Bishnoi villages in the countryside to observe the local flora & fauna & the traidional lifestyle of the tribal community intrumental for their protection to the wildlife in particular the endangered black buik.Dinner & overnight at Jodhpur.
Day 08 : Jodhpur - Jaisalmer :Post breakfast drive to Jaisalmer enroute visiting the Mandore Gardens.Mandore was the former capital of Maharajas of Marwar and is located about 5 miles north of Jodhpur, but was later abandoned for the security of Mehrangarh fort. Here you will find the dewals, or cenotaphs of Jodhpur's former rulers.
Lunch at Osian or Pokharan & continue towards Jaisalmer. Check into your hotel. The name Jaisalmer induces a dramatic picture of utter magic and brilliance of the desert. The hostile terrain not with standing the warmth and colour of people is simply over whelming. One of the main draws is the daunting 12th century Jaisalmer Fort. The beautiful havelis which were built by wealthy merchants of Jaisalmer are yet another interesting aspect of the desert city. And you can let your eyes caress the sloppy sand dunes while you ramble your way in a camel safari. The desert citadel is truly a golden fantasy in Thar Desert.
Dinner & overnight at Jaisalmer.
Day 09 :Jaisalmer : Post breakfast commence your sightseeing tour with the Jaisalmer Fort.Known as Sonar Quila or the Golden fort, rising from the sand , the mega structure merges with the golden hues of the desert ambience and the setting suns in its most colourful shades gives it a fairy tale look. Its simply a magic, the bastions envelops a whole townships that consist of palace complex various security sources and the havelis of rich merchants carved with an incredibly light touch, several temples and the residential complexes of the armies and traders placed strategically on the trade route, from where the ancient caravans passed en-route passing all the riches for the prosperity to an otherwise non source full kingdom.
Later visit the Patwon Ki Haveli.This is one of the largest and most elaborate Haveli in Jaisalmer and stands in a narrow lane. It is five storeys high and is extensively carved. It is divided into six apartments, two owned by archaeological Survey of India, two by families who operate craft-shops and two private homes. There are remnants of paintings on some of the inside walls as well as some mirror work.
Also visit Salim Singhji Ki Haveli.This haveli was built about 300 years ago and a part of it is still occupied. Salim Singh was the prime minister when Jaisalmer was the capital of the princely state and his mansion has a beautifully arched roof with superb carved brackets in the form of Peacocks. The mansion is just below the hill and it is said that once it had two additional wooden storeys in an attempt to make it as high as the maharaja's palace, but the maharaja had the upper storey torn down.
Visit Gadsisar Lake,a rain water lake built by Maharawal Gadsi in 14th century, which was the main source of water for entire town before introduction of take water, now a tourist spot. There are may small temple & shrines around it. A vide variety of water birds can bee seen here specially in winter.
Post lunch is at leisure.
Evening gear up for the most memorable part of your tour - a desert safari & night stay on the sand dunes in your deeluxe tents.Transfer in jeeps to the Rawla Camp Retreat. The Rawla Camp Retreat is Jaisalmer's only desert resort with its own private sand dunes.Gala wecome with tradional fanfare. After tea & refershments on the dunes you are escorted by colourfully attired butlers for a camel safaro into the desert for the most enchanting of the sunset views you may have ever experienced.Later gala dinner followed by live tradional folk performances & bonfire.Dinner & overnight at the camp retreat.
Day 10 :Departure Jaisalmer: Morning Jeep safari's to the Great Desert National Park to explore the vast flora & fauna of this region. Post lunch departure for New Delhi / Jaipur / Jodhpur or onward destination by train / surface.
- Inclusions -
- aCCOMMODATION, BREAKFAST, EXCURSIONS,GUIDES, ENTRANCE FEES , ALL EXTRAS
- Exclusions -
- ANY OTHERS AS NOT SPECIFIED ABOVE
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jaipur
- Golden Triangle - 6 days from 500 USD
- Authentic Starter Pack - 4 days from 247 GBP
- Havelis and Camel Carts - 3 days from 154 GBP
- Rajasthan Journey Through The Royal Past - 10 days from 22000 INR
- Camels & Castles in Rajasthan - 6 days from 422 GBP
- Golden Triangle with Camel Cultural Safari - 7 days from 754.5 EUR
- Golden Triangle with Camel Safari - 7 days from 854.5 EUR
- Rajasthan Tours - 6 days from 11000 INR
- Ranthambore - 2 days from 4000 INR
- Pink City & Colourful Rajasthan - 11 days from 20599 INR
- Rajasthan Tour - 15 days from 25999 INR
- Explore the Golden Triangle - 5 days from 250 USD
- Bikaner Jaisalmer Jodhpur - 6 days from 9999 INR
- Discover Rajasthan History - 9 days from 11999 INR
- Discover Rajasthan History - 11 days from 17999 INR
- Heritage Rajasthan - 21 days from 1200 USD
- Offbeat Rajasthan Tours - 2 days from 4555 INR
- Honeymoon in Jaipur - 5 days from 15555 INR
- Rajasthan Cultural Tour - 6 days from 16900 INR
- Golden Triangle Deluxe - 6 days from 395 EUR
- Taj Mahal With Discover Rajasthan India - 16 days from 999 USD
- Sawai Madhopur Wildlife Tour - 4 days from 315 USD
- Taj Wildlife Tour - 8 days from 754 USD
- Jewels of Rajasthan Tour - 7 days from 572 USD
- Jungle Safari in Rajasthan - 5 days from 539 USD
- Pushkar with Lake City Tour - 5 days from 418 USD
- Glimpses of Jaipur Region Tour India - 3 days from 7000 INR
- City tour to Jaipur Package India - 3 days from 6500 INR
- Wild Safari Rajasthan Tour India - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Mughal IndiaTour Package - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Rajasthan Aravali Tour India - 5 days from 11000 INR
- Rajasthan Mewari Tour India - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Rajasthan Desert Circle Tour India - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Mughal Triangle Tour Package India - 6 days from 12000 INR
- Rajasthan Tiger Tour India - 6 days from 13000 INR
- Rajasthan Mewari Romance Tour India - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Desert Paradise Tour India - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Rajasthan Mewari Tour India - 7 days from 15000 INR
- Romantic Rajasthan Tour Package India - 10 days from 26000 INR
- Rajasthan Tour India - 10 days from 24000 INR
- Rajasthan Tour Special - 15 days from 32000 INR
- Rajasthan Tour Adventure India - 15 days from 31000 INR
- Cultural Rajasthan Tour Package India - 15 days from 33000 INR
- Magic of Rajasthan Tour India - 15 days from 36000 INR
- Exotic Rajasthan Tour - 12 days from 5550 USD
- Discover the Golden Triangle - 5 days from 100 USD
- Shopping Tour - 5 days from 300 EUR
- Trail The Tiger - 3 days from 500 USD
- Royal Raja Tour Of Rajasthan - 24 days from 1100 EUR
- Golden Triangle Tour by Charter flight - 5 days from 2975 USD
- Taj Wildlife Tour - 8 days from 400 USD
- Sightseeing tour package of Jaipur The Pink City - 4 days from 24999 INR
- Lost in the Sands - 15 days from 516 EUR
Email the tour operator - Rajasthan Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.