Summer Holidays in Himachal Pradesh
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 5555 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Himachal Pradesh
- Location Finish:
- Himachal Pradesh
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/07/2008
Summer holidays in the hills of Himachal Pradesh...visit kufri,chail,kasauli,Shimla-enjoy the cool nip in the mountain air,bask in the sun,relish treks & hikes & sightseeings in cool climes..
Arrival Shimla & Sightseeing
Arrival Shimla, the former Summer capital of British India. Check into your hotel. Shimla unfolds nature's generous bounty in the form of awesome snow ranges that hold oak & rhododendron forests. A walk down the infamous Shimla mall , by all means the best mall road which is a center now of all hill stations in India. All visitors to Shimla inevitably walk down the Mall, the main promenade that runs along the top of the ridge - a busy shopping area with old colonial buildings , souvenir shops and restaurants. At the top end of the Mall is Scandal Point, a large open square with a view of the town - a favorite rendezvous for visitors and the local people. Overlooking it is the elegant Christ Church with its fine stained glass windows. The labyrinth of Shimla's bazaars spill over the edge of the Mall. Visit the Viceregal Lodge, the state museum & Jakhu hills. Housed in the Gothic splendor of the Viceregal Lodge is the Indian Institute of Advanced studies, India's premier academy for higher research. Very close to the Institute, in a colonial building set in spacious lawns, is the museum. It has collections of Pahari miniatures, stone sculpture, local handicrafts, textiles and embroidery. The steep climb to Jakhoo Hill, Shimla's highest point, is rewarding for superb views of the town and its surroundings. At the top is an old Hanuman temple. Evening at leisure at the Mall. Dinner & Overnight in Shimla.
Visit Kufri,Chail & Fagu
Post breakfast visit to Chail. Chail was created by the Maharaja of Patiala as a summer capital after his expulsion from Shimla. Set in 75 acres of land including orchards, tennis courts & cottages, Chail Palace makes for a perfect setting for a Royal luncheon , enjoying splendid views. Later take a nature walk along the thick deodar forests. Also visit the worlds highest cricket ground built here in 1893. Later embark on an exciting excursion to Kufri, which is a 30-minute drive from Shimla. It is a tiny hill station, famous for its trekking and hiking trails. Adventure-seeking travelers flock to Kufri in winters to enjoy skiing and tobogganing along its snow-covered slopes. Kufri is also famous for its nature parks and picnic spots. Kufri's proximity to Shimla makes it an important place on the tourist circuit of the state. Also visit the Indira Gandhi Holiday Home and Fagu. Explore the nature trails and visit fruit orchards. Evening return to Shimla. Dinner & overnight in Shimla.
Visit Naldhera,Mashobra & Tattapani
Post breakfast visit Mashobra & Naldhera. About 11 kms from Shimla, the small village of Mashobra has some pleasant walks, including one to Sipi, where there is a fair and a wooden temple dedicated to Shiva. 15 kms further north, at an altitude of 2050m, Naldehra is a pleasant little village. It is mostly famous for having one of the oldest and highest golf courses in India. There is even a temple, the Mahunag Mandir, in the middle of the course. Visit the hot sulphur springs at Tattapani. Return to Shimla in the evening. Explore the mall for souvenir shopping. Dinner & Overnight in Shimla
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at your mountain retreat with breakfast,dinner & all taxes
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Himachal Pradesh
- Offbeat Hill Stations Himachal Pradesh - 2 days from 3999 INR
- North India Hill Stations Holidays - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Budget Holidays Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 3999 INR
- Holiday Packages Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 5555 INR
- Adventure Camps Himachal Pradesh - 2 days from 3300 INR
- Student Adventure Camping - 3 days from 4444 INR
Email the tour operator - Summer Holidays in Himachal Pradesh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.