Offbeat Hill Stations Himachal Pradesh
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 3999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- Himachal Pradesh
- Location Finish:
- Himachal Pradesh
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/11/2008
Pragpur,an Offbeat Hill Station in Himachal Pradesh with its close vicinity to the Maharana Pratap Sagar Dam,the famous temples of Kangra & an historical & hertage backdrop is for the discerning..
Arrival Pragpur in Himachal Pradesh & check in at your heritage country manor.
Post breakfast excursion to the Dam.
The Maharana Pratap Sagar reservoir in Kangra with its 42 km length and 2 km breadth, offers a variety of activities in close collaboration with the Directorate of Mountaineering and Allied Sports. Year long activities include swimming, water-skiing, surfing, kayaking, rowing, canoeing and sailing.
The countryside is ideal for low-level treks and walks particularly for those interested in nature study and bird watching. The River Beas with its unspoilt banks (6 km) offers the possibility of swimming and angling during season. The area also lends itself admirably to walks and picnics.
Post lunch is at leisure to walk around this quaint little town known for its heritage classification.The little immaculately unchanged 300 year old hamlet has been named a heritage zone and still maintains its unchanged shops, cobbled streets, ornamental village tank, mud plastered and slate roofed houses. It has a quaint market where several silversmiths ply their trade and will quickly modify trinkets to satisfy individual taste. The several village weavers will make shawls and blankets to order and tailors will sew dresses overnight.
Dinner & Overnight at Pragpur.
The much-sought mahaseer river carp can also be found in the reservoir of the Maharana Pratap Sagar, Nadaun along the river Beas, Amtar, Harsi Pattan and Lambagaon.
Fishing as well as boat rides is possible in Chamba Pattan near Garli (which has some lovely old houses in Simla architecture).
Post breakfast full day excursion to the tea gardens of Palampur, Dharamshala or visit the temples of Chintpurni, The Kangra Fort or Jwalaji temple.
Dinner & Overnight at Pragpur
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at your heritage country manor with breakfast,dinner & all taxes
- Exclusions -
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Himachal Pradesh
- Summer Holidays in Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 5555 INR
- North India Hill Stations Holidays - 3 days from 6666 INR
- Budget Holidays Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 3999 INR
- Holiday Packages Himachal Pradesh - 3 days from 5555 INR
- Adventure Camps Himachal Pradesh - 2 days from 3300 INR
- Student Adventure Camping - 3 days from 4444 INR
Email the tour operator - Offbeat Hill Stations Himachal Pradesh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.