WildLife in East India
- Price from:
- 592 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 06/20/2007
Unspoiled and unexplored premedieval forests in the northeastern India preserve rich biospheres, together with a wealth of wildlife. If Nandankan in Orissa is famous for white Tigers.
Around midnight arrival in Guwahati. Guwahati was the ancient capital of various kingdoms. It was once known as "Pragjyotishpur" which means the city of astrology. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel.
In the morning after the breakfast we will start our sightseeing of various places. We will visit Vashistha Ashram, the ashram where once the sage Vashistha lived. We will also visit Janardhan temple built on the top of the hill and Kamakhya temple. This temple built on the top of the hill, is devoted to the goddess Kamakhya. The hill offers a panoramic view of the Brahmaputra and the surrounding region. Evening free for leisure.
Guwahati - Kaziranga National Park
In the morning after breakfast from Guwahati we will drive to Kaziranga National Park. We will come across the forest-covered hills, small villages, low-lying fields with stands of coconut palms and tea estates before we reach Kaziranga National park. In the afternoon we visit the Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga was declared a game sanctuary in the year 1908, to save the Indian one-horned rhino. It covers an area of 430 square km. We can also see Wild Buffalo, Bison, Sambar, Swamp Deer, Hog Deer, Wild Pig, Hoolock Gibbon, Elephants and Tiger.
Kaziranga - Majuli
In the morning, we will drive further to visit Majuli. Majuli is the world's biggest river island and a principal place of pilgrimage for the Vaishnavites of Assam since the Ahom days. There are several Satras of Vaishnava religious creed. Of these holy seats, Auniati, Daksinpath, Garamur and Kamlabari are the four most prominent.
Majuli - Sivasagar
In the morning from Majuli we will drive to Sivasagar. This is the place from which the Ahoms ruled the whole province of Assam from 1228 to 1826. Presently, Sivasagar presents the unique spectacle of industrial transformation of a silent town in the backdrop of relics of bygone days. Sivasagar (earlier known as Rongpur) was the capital of Ahom Kingdom since 1699 to 1788. The town, which is dedicated to Lord Siva means the ocean of Siva. In Sivasagar we will visit all ancient monuments of the Great Ahom Kingdoms. We will also visit Sivadol- the tallest temple of Lord Siva in India
Sivasagar - Guwahati
In the morning from Sivasagar we will drive to Guwahati. By the afternoon we will arrive in Guwahati. Rest of the day at leisure. After having the dinner we leave the hotel for the airport.
Around midnight flight to home destination.
- Inclusions -
- American/continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Guwahati
- Guwahati Shillong Cherapunjee Kaziranga Tour - 7 days from 8500 INR
- Best of North East India Guwahati, Bomdila, Tawang,... - 14 days from 950 USD
- Temple Tour of North East India - 12 days from 80 USD
- Rhinoland Tour - 7 days from 65280 INR
- Kaziranga The Land Of One Horne Rhino - 3 days from 240 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Bird Watching in Assam - 10 days from 918 USD
- Kaziranga Wildlife Tour - 7 days from 603 USD
- Meghalaya Tour - 5 days from 375 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh - 7 days from 227 USD
- Kaziranga Rhino Trail - 3 days from 5500 INR
- Assam Valley - 7 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - WildLife in East India
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.