Guwahati Shillong Cherapunjee Kaziranga Tour
- Price from:
- 8500 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/11/2010
North-East India refers to the easternmost region of India consisting of the contiguous Seven Sister States Sikkim, and parts of North Bengal (districts of Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, and Koch Bihar). North-East India is ethnically, linguistically and culturally very distinct from the other states of India. This region is officially recognized as a special category of states.
This tour takes you to Kaziranga National Park- to see the one horned Rhinoceros, Guwahati the Gateway City to North-East of India and to Shillong, home of the Khasi Highland tribe, also known as the Scotland of the east.
Day 01:Arrival at Guwahati
After a brief welcome ceremony on arrival at Guwahati drive to city and check into your hotel room. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 02: Guwahati-Kaziranga National Park
After breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple, a Major Hindu Pilgrimage site. During the festival of Ambubashi more than a million devotees throng this holy place. Return to hotel after paying homage to the mother goddess Kamakhya and drive on to famous Kaziranga National park (220 kms 4 hrs drive). Check into a Jungle resort on arrival. In the afternoon visit nearby Tea Estate. Evening cultural show at Guwahati. Stay overnight at Kaziranga.
Day 03: Kaziranga
Early morning (5:30 am) explore central Range of Kaziranga National Park on Elephant Safari. On return explore the eastern range on a jeep safari. Return for lunch and proceed to Western Range of Kaziranga National Park on jeep. Stay overnight at Kaziranga.
Day 04: Kaziranga-Shillong
After an early morning breakfast drive to Shillong (280 kms 6 hrs drive). Have Lunch en-route at Borapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills. Check in at your hotel. In the afternoon visit the local market. Stay Overnight at your hotel in Shillong.
Day 05: Shillong: Cherrapunjee, Waterfalls, Cave, Lake
After breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee (60 kms 1and 1/2 hr), the wettest place in the world. The beautiful waterfall-Noh-ka-likai is at Cherrapunjee you can also explore some of the caves in and around Cherrapunjee. Return to Shillong, en-route visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views. Stay overnight at your hotel in Shillong.
Day 06: Shillong-Guwahati: Ward lake, Hydari Park
Morning sightseeing at Shillong, visit Ward Lake and Hydari Park. Admire the beauty of Shillong, also called Scotland of the East. It is erstwhile capital of undivided Assam and present Northeast and home to the Khasi highland tribes. After lunch drive back to Guwahati (100 kms). In the evening take a cruise on Mighty Brahmaputra River. Stay overnight at your hotel in Guwahati.
Day 07: Depart
After breakfast day at leisure till you depart for your onward journey.
- Inclusions -
- All Transfers -Ex-Guwahati,Breakfast and Dinner,Accommodation in twin triple sharing,Sight seeing,One elephant and one jeep safari at Kaziranga,Parking,Toll and taxes
- Exclusions -
- Entry fee,camera Fee
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Guwahati
- Best of North East India Guwahati, Bomdila, Tawang,... - 14 days from 950 USD
- Temple Tour of North East India - 12 days from 80 USD
- Rhinoland Tour - 7 days from 65280 INR
- Kaziranga The Land Of One Horne Rhino - 3 days from 240 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Bird Watching in Assam - 10 days from 918 USD
- Kaziranga Wildlife Tour - 7 days from 603 USD
- WildLife in East India - 7 days from 592 USD
- Meghalaya Tour - 5 days from 375 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh - 7 days from 227 USD
- Kaziranga Rhino Trail - 3 days from 5500 INR
- Assam Valley - 7 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - Guwahati Shillong Cherapunjee Kaziranga Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.