Bird Watching in Assam
- Price from:
- 918 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- German, English, Hindi
Last updated: 06/23/2007
Bird Watching means the activity of observing birds in their natural habitat, where one can identify the birds and understand what they are doing.
Flight to India (Guwahati)
Around Midnight arrive in Guwahati. The city of Guwahati is the main gateway for the travellers to India. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel.
Guwahati - Deepor Beel - Guwahati
In the morning from Guwahati we will start our bird watching tour. There is interesting bird watching place in Assam, which is known as Deepor Beel. Deepor Beel is an extensive wetland within the municipal limits of Guwahati. The lake is one of the largest in lower Assam. Many water birds are found here like Ferruginous Pochard, Grey-headed lapwing, Greater and Lesser Adjutants, Water Cock, Cinnamon Bittern, Fulvous whistling-duck and Greater Painted-snipe.
Guwahati - Pobitora (about 48 km)
Today we will drive to Pobitora. Pobitora is a small 16 square km wildlife Sanctuary. A rear sighting of the highly endangered Rufousvented Prinia of the eastern population and Swamp Prinia (burnesii) Cinerascens have been reported from the grasslands here.
Pobitora - Kaziranga National Park
Today we will drive further to visit Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga National Park is famous due to the presence of the Indian Rhinoceros. It is probably the best place to see the endangered Bengal Florican, Swamp Francolin and Greater and Lesser Adjutant and also the graceful Black-necked stork. There is good population of Pallas and Grey-headed Fish Eagles as well as Pied Harrier. We will enjoy the whole day watching the birds in Kaziranga National Park and also spend the night in the comfortable lodge in the Park.
Kaziranga National Park - Panbari Reserve Forest - Kaziranga National Park
Panbari woodland is degraded but still holds good birds. Asian Fairy Bluebird and Black-crested Bulbul are the common birds that are found here. Abbott and Puff-throated Babblers along with Pale-chinned Flycatcher, Oriental and Great Hornbills are also found in this region. Today we will drive to this region and watch the birds and later drive back to the lodge.
Kaziranga National Park - Dibru-Saikhowa WildLife Sanctuary
Today after having our breakfast we will drive to Dibru-Saikhowa Wildlife Sanctuary. This wildlife sanctuary is the best place to view birds like marsh Babbler, Babbler, Black-throated Parrotbill, Rutousvented (Swamp) Prinia and Bushchat. This sanctuary was set up in the year 1986 to protect their fast disappearing habitats. Other interesting resident and migrant birds such as Pale-Capped Pigeon, White-tailed Rubythroat and Black-breasted Thrush can be seen.
Dibru-Saikhowa WildLife Sanctuary - Namdapha National Park
Today we will drive further to visit Namdapha National Park. This park is situated in Arunachal Pradesh in the extreme north east of India. Its avifauna is a unique blend of Himalayan, Sino-Tibetan and Indo-Burmese forms. Although not thoroughly explored, 665 species of bird have been recorded within the state. Fabulous species such as Blyth Tragopan, Wardsa Trogon, Rufous necked Hornbill, Blue-Naped Pitta, Wedge-billed wren Babbler, Snowy throated Babbler and beautiful Nuthatch are found in this remote region.
Namdapha National Park - Digboi
Today we will drive to Digboi. Digboi is situated in eastern Assam. Here we will explore the nature reserve being set up by the Indian Oil Cooperation to protect the lowland forest in and around the oldest operating oilfield in the world. It still harbours an excellent array of birds including Orient, White-Checked Partridge, Grey Peacock Pheasant and Wreathed Hornbill etc.
Digboi - Guwahati
Today we will drive back to Guwahati. On arrival in Guwahati, you will be transferred to the hotel. Rooms are available to get fresh and change before we depart for the airport with Indo Vacations representative. Rest of the day at leisure.
Around midnight flight to home destination.
- Inclusions -
- American/Continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills, and Alcoholic beverages.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Guwahati
- Guwahati Shillong Cherapunjee Kaziranga Tour - 7 days from 8500 INR
- Best of North East India Guwahati, Bomdila, Tawang,... - 14 days from 950 USD
- Temple Tour of North East India - 12 days from 80 USD
- Rhinoland Tour - 7 days from 65280 INR
- Kaziranga The Land Of One Horne Rhino - 3 days from 240 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Kaziranga Wildlife Tour - 7 days from 603 USD
- WildLife in East India - 7 days from 592 USD
- Meghalaya Tour - 5 days from 375 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh - 7 days from 227 USD
- Kaziranga Rhino Trail - 3 days from 5500 INR
- Assam Valley - 7 days from 350 USD
Email the tour operator - Bird Watching in Assam
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.