- Price from:
- 350 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 11.00 pm
- End time:
- 11.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 02/01/2007
Visit entire Assam valley during this luxurious travel package covering beautiful sightseeing of Jorhat - The Tea Capital and wildlife excursion in Kaziranga - The abode of Rhino.
Arrival at Guwahati - You arrive in Guwahati by flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representatives would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check in and overnight stay
Guwahati - Jorhat: Tea-capital, the Thengal Mansion, Assamese village.
Early in the morning, we will drive to Jorhat (207KM), the tea-capital of Assam. On arrival at Jorhat, you will be accommodated in the Thengal Mansion, a historic ancestral house of a Tea Planter amidst an Asssamese village, 15 kms from Jorhat. The 72-year old Thangal Mansion is to answer the queries on Assamese culture and tradition. After lunch and rest, take a walk in a nearby village to see the simplicity of their lives.
Jorhat - Sibasagar - Jorhat - Explore Remains of the Ahom Kingdom: After an early breakfast drive to Sibsagar to visit remains of Ahom Kingdom who ruled Assam for 500 years before giving in to British. Visit to Tai Ahom Museum and the Maidams (Mummy like structures) of Ahom kings Burial grounds at Charaideo. Return to Jorhat for Overnight stay.
Toklai Research Station, kaziranga National park - After breakfast, we will visit Toklai Research Station to know everything and anything about tea-plantation. Having lunch at Jorhat, we will leave for Kaziranga(90KM), the home of the rhino with one horn. Overnight at tourist lodge.
Kaziranga - Early morning (5:30 am) explore central Range of Kaziranga National Park on Elephant Safari. On return explore the eastern range on a jeep safari. Return for lunch and proceed to Western Range of Kaziranga National Park on jeep. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Kaziranga - Guwahati - After an early morning breakfast drive to Guwahati (220 kms 5 hrs). In the evening take a cruise on Mighty Brahmaputra River. Overnight at your hotel in Guwahati.
- Extras -
- # Accommodation in the Thengal Mansion house, a historic ancestral house.
# Toklai Research Station Visit to know everything and anything about tea-plantation.
# Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Guwahati
- Guwahati Shillong Cherapunjee Kaziranga Tour - 7 days from 8500 INR
- Best of North East India Guwahati, Bomdila, Tawang,... - 14 days from 950 USD
- Temple Tour of North East India - 12 days from 80 USD
- Rhinoland Tour - 7 days from 65280 INR
- Kaziranga The Land Of One Horne Rhino - 3 days from 240 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh Tour - 15 days from 1500 USD
- Bird Watching in Assam - 10 days from 918 USD
- Kaziranga Wildlife Tour - 7 days from 603 USD
- WildLife in East India - 7 days from 592 USD
- Meghalaya Tour - 5 days from 375 USD
- Arunachal Pradesh - 7 days from 227 USD
- Kaziranga Rhino Trail - 3 days from 5500 INR
Email the tour operator - Assam Valley
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.