Offbeat Places Himachal Pradesh
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 4000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 11/14/2007
Hemmed in on three sides by the towering peaks of the Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh's Great Himalayan National Park is undoubtedly the place to go for a rendezvous with the wildlife of these mountains..
Solang Valley Camp Retreat to full day excursion at The Great Himalayan National Park.
Emabark on your 4x4 vehicle & start off early morning to The Great Himalayan National Park Jeep Safari.
Here, amidst dense forests of blue pine and cedar, in high alpine meadows and mountain slopes which remain covered with snow throughout the year, lives one of the densest and most impressive populations of Himalayan wildlife.
Inhabiting this stretch of land is a dazzling array of animals and birds. Among the most prominent mammals are leopards, Himalayan black bears, brown bears, langurs, rhesus macaques, and wild sheep such as the Himalayan thar, bharal and the ibex. Rarer animals like the highly endangered musk deer are also found in the park, and there have been reports of snow leopard sightings. The Great Himalayan National Park is unsurpassed in its bird life, with almost 68 resident species and close to 50 migrant species being sighted here. Pheasants, such as the gloriously beautiful monal, the kaleej and the Western tragopan, are among its many attractions.
Return to Solang Valley Camp Retreat by late evening.Dinner & Overnight at Solang Valley.
- Inclusions -
- Accommoation at Solang Valley Camp Retreat with all meals & full day excursion to Great Himalayan National Park in 4x4 vehicles inclusing park entry fee & guides.
- Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Great Himalayan National Park
Email the tour operator - Offbeat Places Himachal Pradesh
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.