Cottage stay in Goa
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 18000 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/26/2007
The luxury of Palms, sea & beaches from your very own luxurious cottage in Goa redefines the concept of holidaying in Goa away from the hustle & bustle of modern hotels..
Arrival , day at leisure on beach & welcome cruise dinner
Met on arrival at the airport / railway station & transfer to your cottage.Day is at leisure enjoying the serenity of the beach. Welcome dinner at Noah's Ark river cruise. Sip your cocktails and relish the seven course exotic menu with serenaders & piped music as the backdrop. Late night drop at your cottage. Overnight Goa.
City tour , Churches, beaches & water sports
Post breakfast visit Panaji.A lot of it's Portuguese heritage still survives in the oldest part of the town - Fontainhas and Sao Tome, with old villas with wrought iron balconies looking down upon narrow cobbled streets and white washed churches in village squares.
Dominating the square on which it stands, is the Church of Immaculate Conception (1541 AD), Panaji's main place of worship for the Catholics, where, in medieval times, all sailors arriving from Portugal congregated for thanksgiving mass for their safe passage.Skim over the River Mandovi on a hovercraft for an enchanting ride.
Visit the imposing Se Cathedral of St. Catherine, the largest church in Asia, which has 14 altars, an 80m long aisle and 5 bells including the Golden Bell, said to be one of the best in the world. Later visitThe late 16th century Basilica of Bom Jesus with its richly gilded altars is famous throughout the Catholic world. It is the venue for a pilgrimage for both Christians and Hindus who come to pay homage to the embalmed mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier enshrined in a silver casket since 1553.
Post lunch visit the Miramar beach & Dona Paula, enjoying water scooter & pedal boat rides. Relish a typical Goan seafood dinner at your cottage. Overnight Goa.
Beach tour of North Goa, water sports & authentic dining experience
Post breakfast beach tour of North Goa. Stop by at the calangute beach but a more elongated stop is a little further north along the coast at the crescent-shaped Baga, a more picturesque beach. This beach is popular for the various water sports - among them are parasailing, jet skiing, body boarding and even surfing, though the waves aren't good enough for the professional surfers. Another hit amongst the tourists are the "dolphin rides" where a boat takes you out into the sea where one can see the lovely creatures gliding along the surface. Also experience Bungee Jumping ! The flea market at Baga has recently sprung up north of the tiny river that joins the sea, where you could strike some fancy bargains in Kashmiri and other Indian handicrafts.
Lunch at Souza' Lobo at Calangute Beach,in existence for the past 65 years, this restaurant has earned its reputation on good food, good service & location.
Further north from Baga is the palm-fringed and safe, (though somewhat infamous) Anjuna beach, which still has a little hangover of the hippy' culture of the 70s. However, don't miss the Wednesday flea market, which Anjuna is famous for throughout Goa. It is a fascinating blend of Kashmiri and Tibetan traders, tribals from Gujarat, Karnataka and Andhra, and local traders selling a delightful range of handicrafts from all across India.
Travel a couple of kilometres onwards and you come to Vagator beach near Chapora fort. This is far more picturesque beach, empty and unspoilt as compared to the beaches close to Panaji and ideal for those in quest of a less commercialised atmosphere, greater seclusion and better swimming.
Dinner is a special affair today !Drive to Calangute, to the Le Restaurant Francais, a French fusion hub of exquisite Goan food. Try out the French seafood thali of calamari fritti, prawns and crab cakes with a side dressing of blue cheese. Mark the finale with crème de la crème Hershey's cocoa butter presented on a bed of vanilla sauce.Overnight Goa.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation at your cottage with all excursions as per itinerary by a private car
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Goa
- Magical Hampi - 4 days from 282 GBP
- Goa & South India Tour - 13 days from 800 USD
- New Years Eve Packages Goa - 3 days from 9999 INR
- Honeymoon In Goa - 8 days from 9999 INR
- Taj Mahal With Golden Beaches Holiday Packages India - 5 days from 399 USD
- 3N 4D Package Goa - 4 days from 365 USD
- Goa & South India Tour Package - 14 days from 699 USD
Email the tour operator - Cottage stay in Goa
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.