Trek to Dzukou Valley
- Price from:
- 80 USD /person
- + 91 9954709412, +91 9435
- +91 373 2325879
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 08/18/2008
Also known as âThe Valley of Flowerâ the valley is situated at an altitude of 2138.4 meters behind the Japfu Ranges. The valley is the home of varieties of flowers including Lillies,
Day 01: Arr Dimapur / Kohima
Arrive Dimapur by flight. Meeting upon arrival and drive to Kohima. Arrive and check in at hotel Japfu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kohima / Viswema / Dzukou
Morning after breakfast drive to Viswema. Arrive Viswema and start walking towards Dzukou Valley.
Arrive Dzukou and check in at the rest house. Rest of the time free to explore the valley. Overnight at rest house.
Day 03: Dzukou / Viswema / Japfu Base
Morning after breakfast start return trek down to Viswema village and trek further to Japfu base.
Overnight at trekker's hut.
Day 04: Japfu Base / Japfu Peak /Viswema / Kohima
Early morning start climbing to Japfu Peak. Situated at an altitude of 3048 meters. From Japfu one can enjoy the fabulous view of neighboring valley including Dzukou. One can also see the tallest Rhododendron tree in world (109 feet).
Later return to Viswema village and drive to Kohima.
Arrive and check in at hotel.
Overnight at Kohima
Day 05: Kohima / Dimapur Departs
Morning after breakfast in time transfer to airport for the onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- All transport by dedicated SUVs
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature i.e. camera, laundry, insurance, tips, portages etc
- Extras -
- Foreigners travelling to Nagaland required Protected Area Permit. A married couple or a group of 4 persons are eligible for the permit. We can obtain the permit on behalf of the guest at prior notice.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dimapur
Email the tour operator - Trek to Dzukou Valley
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.