The Capital Town & The Last Shangrila
- Price from:
- 23950 INR /person
- 00 91 97341 21604
- 00 91 353 2461322
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
- Location Finish:
- Bagdogra Airport / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
- We Speak:
- Hindi, Bengali, English
Last updated: 08/08/2008
Explore Capital city of Sikkim, Valley of Flowers & nearest motorable point Mt. Khanchendzonga - Pelling, West Sikkim with us
DAY 01 ARRIVAL NJP RAILWAY / IXB AIRPORT - GANGTOK
On arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport, you will be met by our office Executive who will assist you to board your vehicle to Gangtok (130 kms / 4 hrs), Gangtok (5500 Ft) the capital of Sikkim, Sikkim - the Land of the Pristine and un spoilt natural beauty with alpine landscapes and thick luxuriant forests, rivers in torrent and peaceful lakes.
DAY 02 GANGTOK
After breakfast proceed to Tosomgo Lake (12,210 Ft), A 40 km drive which takes 2.5 hrs. This lake is located very close to Nathulla Pass which is the entry point to China termed as the "Silk Route" & remains frozen for most parts of the year. Legend has it that the Lamas use to forecast the future by studying the colors of the lakes waters. Enjoy the surroundings, majestic snowy peaks which feed the lake and the clean fresh air. Back to Gangtok at after noon evening free for shopping at Gangtok
DAY 03 GANGTOK - LACHUNG
Depart early morning for Lachung (8610 Ft), a distance of 117 kms. On the way stop Naga Waterfalls; the confluence of Lachen Chu & Lachung Chu at Chungthang- the starting point of the river Teesta. Chungthang is predominantly a Lepcha region, the nodal junction for the two passes- Lachen & Lachung. Stop at the Twin Waterfalls & Bhim Nala Waterfalls before reaching Lachung. Lachung is an exquisite valley town, resplendent in its crown of snow capped mountains, breathtaking waterfalls & sparkling streams. It has been described as "the most picturesque village of Sikkim" by Joseph Dalton in his 'Himalayan Journal' (1855). Check in and get refreshed. The rest of the afternoon is spent Nature Exploring & Local Sightseeing around Lachung village with a visit to the Lachung Monastery, relax, sleep off & rest your tired body. Night Halt at, Lachung.
DAY 04 LACHUNG
After Breakfast proceed to Yumthang (11800 Ft) a 23 kms drive taking 1.5hrs. This is where the Tree Line ends & the rhododendron groves cover the landscape in a surreal shade. Also called the Valley of Flowers as in spring wild alpine flowers carpet the land. In winter there is snow all around and the snow clad mountains add to the ethereal beauty. This place is also known for its Hot Springs which have healing medicinal properties. Picnic in this beautiful valley, trek to reach the high points all around, take a bath in the Hot Springs. Back to Lachung by evening. Night Halt at Lachung.
DAY 05 LACHUNG - GANGTOK
After Breakfast depart for Gangtok with lunch served at Mangan. Enroute, visit the Phodong Monastery 38 kms from Gangtok which is famous for its exquisitely delicate mural paintings and frescoes. Built by Chogyal Gyurmed Namgyal in the first quarter of the 18th century for the Karmapa, Phodong is the first Kagyupa monastery to be set up in Sikkim. Reach Gangtok by evening
DAY 06 GANGTOK - PELLING
Morning after breakfast visit Rumtek Monastery, 24 kms from Gangtok was built in 1960 by His Holiness the Late 16th Gyalwa Karmapa & this is a replica of the original Kagyurpa Monastery in Tibet, a must see for every visitor, the seat of the "Kagyu Order" . Behind the Monastery is the lavishly decorated Karmae Nalanda Institute of Buddhist Studies which attracts students from the world over. Here one can find the most unique religious scriptures & art objects of the world. After lunch Onwards to Pelling (6800 Ft 116 kms / 5 hrs), via Ravangla (6800 Ft), a small township & transit point to various destinations in South & West Sikkim, situated at the base of Meenam Hill (10300 Ft). Overnight at Hotel in Pelling.
DAY 07 PELLING
Today you go for a Full day sightseeing covering Rimbi Waterfalls, Rimbi Hydel Project, Khecheopari Lake also called the "Wish Fulfilling Lake & Kanchenjunga Falls. Back to Hotel for Lunch. After lunch you cover Pemayangtse Monastery (7021 ft) 2.5 kms from Pelling. Built during the late 17th century, it is one of the oldest & most important monasteries of the Nyingmapa order of Buddhism in Sikkim, and then Changay Falls, Singsor Bridge & Dentam Village. Overnight at Hotel in Pelling.
DAY 08 PELLING â NJP / BAGDOGRA
Morning after breakfast transfer to NJP / Bagdogra
- Inclusions -
- Northsikkim includes - breakfast,Lunch & Dinner
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- As per the government rule in one tata sumo/hard top jeep only 08 heads are allowed that is including child. Incase the number of heads travelling increases above 08, then the pax will have to opt for the 2nd (second) vehicle for which the supplement cost is extra, as per the above itinerary on contract basis & not at disposal.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Darjeeling
- Exotic Steam Charter - from 30 USD
- Darjeeling Sikkim Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Treasures of Sikkim - 4 days from 368 GBP
- Tibetan Temple Trek - 5 days from 419 GBP
- Teatime in Darjeeling - 3 days from 128 GBP
- Package Tour to Darjeeling - 5 days from 9000 INR
- Package Tours to Darjeeling & Sikkim - 7 days from 13000 INR
- 10 Days Sandakphu Phalut Singelilah Ridge Trek - 10 days from 550 USD
- Darjeeling & Gengtok & Kalimpong - 7 days from 25999 INR
- Sikkim Tour - 8 days from 15555 INR
- Incredible Eastern India Tour - 8 days from 599 USD
- Best Of North East - 10 days from 22750 INR
- Himalayan Package Tour - 8 days from 399 USD
- Sandakphu Romantic Trek Darjeeling - 10 days from 499 USD
- Sikkim & Darjeeling Adventure - 8 days from 399 USD
- Grand Himalayan Adventure Tour - 12 days from 599 USD
- Eastern Himalaya - 11 days from 440 USD
Email the tour operator - The Capital Town & The Last Shangrila
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.