- Price from:
- 15555 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
The perfect jewels of Kalimpong, Darjeeling, Gangtok,Pelling..the lonely majesty of Kanchenjunga,the haunting hills of Khasis,the silver waters,the delicate orchards.....if this isn't bliss,what is!!
Day 01 : Arrival Bagdogra / Kalimpong: Arrive at Bagdogra airport or new jalpaiguri station & depart for Kalimpong by road (85 kms/ 3 hrs approx). Arrive and transfer to hotel. With its immense natural beauty, ideal location and moderate climate it is a quiet little town, perfect for those who wish to get away from the big city life. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 02 :Kalimpong / Gangtok : After breakfast, check-out and enjoy some sightseeing, visiting Flower Nurseries with orchids, roses, gladioli, dahlias. Visit Zong Dhog Palri Fo Brang monastery situated near Durpin Dara, the Tharpa Choeling Monastery which belongs to the yellow hat sect of lamas and Durpin Dara, an observation point for a truly spectacular view of the Himalaya, the Tista and Relli rivers and the plains far below. Depart for Gangtok by road (85 kms / 2 hrs approx). Nestling in the lush greenery of the Himalayas is Gangtok (5,800 ft), the capital city of Sikkim. Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon at leisure Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 03: Gangtok: Post breakfast,this morning, enjoy an excursion to Tshangu Lake along the old trade route to Tibet, through pristine countryside. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 04 : Gangtok / Pelling : After breakfast, depart for Pelling (116 kms / 4 hrs approx). Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 05 : Pelling: After breakfast, visit Kheochopalri Lake (Kechoberi) or the Wishing Lake, 33 km from Pelling. It is one of the many sacred lakes in Sikkim and a place of pilgrimage for devout Buddhists. Also visit Rimbi water falls and power project. Evening return to your hotel. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 06 : Pelling / Darjeeling : After breakfast, depart for Darjeeling (125 kms / 4 hrs approx). Arrive and transfer to your hotel. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 07 : Darjeeling: Early morning visit to Tiger Hills, 2438.4 meters above sea level. Tiger Hill is synonymous with a spectacular sunrise and the play of different colours on Mt. Kanchenjunga. Mount Everest is also visible when the weather is clear. Visit the famous Buddhist monastery, Iga Choling Monastery, founded in 1875 atop a hill at Ghoom. See the famous statue of the Maitreya or the future Buddha. He is depicted in a sitting position, and has blue eyes. Return to hotel for breakfast. In the afternoon, visit the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park which houses many exotic animals and birds of the eastern Himalayas. The pride of the zoo is the Red Panda Project and the Snow Leopard breeding center, both aimed at saving these endangered species. Visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday) which conducts basic and advanced courses in mountaineering and the Everest Museum where rare photographs and mountaineering objects and artifacts are displayed. Visit the Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday) on the outskirts of Darjeeling founded in 1959 for the rehabilitation of Tibetan refugees. Handicrafts like carpets, woolen products, wood and leatherwork using traditional materials and craftsmanship are produced here. Overnight at your mountain resort.
Day 08 : Departure:After breakfast, depart for Siliguri (100 kms/3 hrs approx). Arrive and transfer to Bagdogra airport or Newjalpaiguri station.
- Inclusions -
- Accomodation with breakafst & all taxes , escorted excursions in private car & all entrances
- Exclusions -
- Any other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Darjeeling
- Exotic Steam Charter - from 30 USD
- Darjeeling Sikkim Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Treasures of Sikkim - 4 days from 368 GBP
- Tibetan Temple Trek - 5 days from 419 GBP
- Teatime in Darjeeling - 3 days from 128 GBP
- Package Tour to Darjeeling - 5 days from 9000 INR
- Package Tours to Darjeeling & Sikkim - 7 days from 13000 INR
- 10 Days Sandakphu Phalut Singelilah Ridge Trek - 10 days from 550 USD
- The Capital Town & The Last Shangrila - 8 days from 23950 INR
- Darjeeling & Gengtok & Kalimpong - 7 days from 25999 INR
- Incredible Eastern India Tour - 8 days from 599 USD
- Best Of North East - 10 days from 22750 INR
- Himalayan Package Tour - 8 days from 399 USD
- Sandakphu Romantic Trek Darjeeling - 10 days from 499 USD
- Sikkim & Darjeeling Adventure - 8 days from 399 USD
- Grand Himalayan Adventure Tour - 12 days from 599 USD
- Eastern Himalaya - 11 days from 440 USD
Email the tour operator - Sikkim Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.