Grand Himalayan Adventure Tour
- Price from:
- 599 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 am
- End time:
- 12.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 01/16/2007
Enjoy thrilling adventure in tiger hills of Darjeeling and get a famous toy train trip. Visit the popular Buddhist monasteries of Gangtok & Kalimpong, the most beautiful and unexplored region in India
Delhi - You arrive in Delhi by international flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would assist you at the airport and at our hotel for check in and overnight stay.
Delhi - Breakfast at the Coffee shop. Rest of the morning at leisure. You will be taken on a guided tour of Delhi, beginning with a morning sightseeing trip to Old Delhi and followed by visits to the 1648 Red Fort, India's largest mosque - Jama Masjid and Gandhi Memorial at Raj Ghat. Afternoon tour includes visits to India Gate, President's House, Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar. Overnight stay at hotel.
Delhi / (by air) Bagdogra / Darjeeling (100 km / 3 hrs) - Breakfast at hotel. Morning transfer to the airport on time to board flight for Bagdogra. On arrival our representative would meet & assist you at the Airport for your departure to Darjeeling. The 100 km distance will be covered in approximately 03 hrs. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Darjeeling - Located at an altitude of 7000 ft., Darjeeling, one of the most reputed hill station in the Indian Subcontinent, is nested in the towering snow-capped mountain ranges, dominated by the almighty Kanchenjunga (Alt. 8598m). Early morning visit the Tiger Hill (Alt 8500m) to view the sunrise. Then we return to our hotel en route visiting the Ghoom Monastery, the most famous one of the area, built in 1875. Next is a Toy Train ride from Ghoom to Darjeeling. Breakfast at hotel. Morning visit to the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, the Tibetan Refugee Camp & Market. Lunch is suggested at the hotel. Afternoon visit to Museum, Botanical Garden and Tea Gardens within a 20 km radius. Overnight stay at hotel.
Darjeeling/ Gangtok (95 km / 3 hrs) -
Early morning breakfast at hotel and drive to Gangtok. Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim on a ridge overlooking the Ranipul River. Its name implies 'High Hill' and the place is ever so famous for snow clad Himalayas, Rhododendron flowers, Orchids & rare Butterfly species, the Red Panda, traditional ethnic culture and a distinctive cuisine. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel. Later in the evening visit to Enchey Monastery, built in 1909, and is home to about 100 Nyingmapa monks. Overnight stay.
Gangtok - This morning a drive of 24 km. to Rumtek Monastery, the seat of the Gyalwa Karmapa, the head of Kagyupa order of Tibetan Buddhism. Afternoon tour includes Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, promotes research of the language & traditions of Tibet and contains one of the world. s largest collections of books and rare manuscripts on Mahayana Buddhism. Followed by visit to Do-Drul Chorten, one of the most important reliquary stupas in Sikkim. Overnight stay.
Gangtok / Kalimpong / Siliguri (100 km / 3 hrs) - Early morning drive to Kalimpong, a resort town for the Monasteries. On arrival we visit the Thongsa Monastery (Bhutanese monastery) founded in 1692 & the Tharpa Choling, the Yellow Hat (Gelugpa Order) Tibetan monastery, built in 1837 at Tirpai. Later we drive on to Siliguri, major trade centre and gateway for Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Sikkim, the North -East India, Eastern Nepal and Bhutan. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Siliguri / (15 km / 30 min.) / Bagdogra / Delhi - Early morning drive to Bagdogra airport to board flight for Delhi. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Delhi / Agra (220 km / 5 hrs) -
Post breakfast departure for Agra, the erstwhile capital of India under the great Mughals and home to Taj Mahal. Agra has always fascinated the Indians as well as foreigners alike. Most of Agra is on the West bank of river Yamuna, with the Agra Fort and the Taj at its nucleus. Taj Mahal is quite simply one of mankind's most remarkable creations. Upon arrival at Agra, our representative will meet & assist you to check in at our hotel. Later in the afternoon, a visit to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Evening at leisure followed by overnight stay at hotel.
Agra / Jaipur (260 km / 6 hrs) -
The day begins with an early breakfast. Afterwards we drive down to Jaipur, the flamboyant capital of Rajasthan. En route visits to Fatehpur Sikri, a masterpiece in sandstone with the stunning elegance of its palaces and courts. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel followed by a leisurely evening and overnight stay.
Jaipur - Early morning 11 km drive to Amber, the capital of the gallant Rajputs from 1037 to 1728 AD. Ascend the fort on Elephant back and visit the Palace. Later visit the City Palace, Birla Temple, Jantar Mantar Observatory and the Palace of winds. Overnight stay at hotel.
Jaipur / Delhi (260 km / 6 hrs) -
After breakfast we leave for Delhi.
- Extras -
- Destination Covered : Delhi - Bagdogra - Darjeeling - Gangtok - Kalimpong - Siliguri -Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Delhi
This luxurious tour provides a golden opportunity to visit the high hill ranges of Himalayas in Darjeeling and offers a most prominent journey in pleasing mountains of Gangtok.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Darjeeling
- Exotic Steam Charter - from 30 USD
- Darjeeling Sikkim Cultural Tour - 10 days from 500 USD
- Treasures of Sikkim - 4 days from 368 GBP
- Tibetan Temple Trek - 5 days from 419 GBP
- Teatime in Darjeeling - 3 days from 128 GBP
- Package Tour to Darjeeling - 5 days from 9000 INR
- Package Tours to Darjeeling & Sikkim - 7 days from 13000 INR
- 10 Days Sandakphu Phalut Singelilah Ridge Trek - 10 days from 550 USD
- The Capital Town & The Last Shangrila - 8 days from 23950 INR
- Darjeeling & Gengtok & Kalimpong - 7 days from 25999 INR
- Sikkim Tour - 8 days from 15555 INR
- Incredible Eastern India Tour - 8 days from 599 USD
- Best Of North East - 10 days from 22750 INR
- Himalayan Package Tour - 8 days from 399 USD
- Sandakphu Romantic Trek Darjeeling - 10 days from 499 USD
- Sikkim & Darjeeling Adventure - 8 days from 399 USD
- Eastern Himalaya - 11 days from 440 USD
Email the tour operator - Grand Himalayan Adventure Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.