Dalhousie & Dharamshala Tour
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 9999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 09/04/2007
This unique tour takes your through the majestic deaodars,toy train rides,lush tea plantations,monasteries, art centers,meadows,unique shopping experiences,rivulets & brooks,majestic temples & more..
Day 01: Arrival Pathankot -Palampur( 100kms - 4 hours): Arrive at Pathankot railway station. Assistance upon arrival & drive further to Palampur, in the Kangra Valley.Palampur is a hill station criss crossed by streams & brooks lying under the dramatic shadow of the mighty Dhauladhars & famous for its tea gardens.Check into your hotel.
Post lunch commence your tour with a visit to the World Heritage site of Baijnath Temples followed by a scenic driver past the tea gardens & mustard fields to the Arists' village of Andretta.The sleepy hamlet owes its arty status to Norah Richards,known as the " nani" of Punjab theatre.Richards carved up her vast estate Andretta, building a writer's retreat & donating land to artists to encourage them to set up home here.Check out the Andretta Pottery & Crafts society & terracotta museum & paintings by Sir Sobha Singh.Later visit the Neugal Khad chasm followed by a walk on the mall road.Dinner & Overnight at Palampur.
Day 02 : Palampur - Dharamshala - Mcleodganj ( 60 kms): Drive towards Dharamshala enroute stopping at the revered site of The Chamunda Devi Temples.Also visit the Chainmaya Ashram enroute. Pass Gopalpur zoo & Dharamshala & stop by at the church of St John-in-the-wilderness with its exquisite stained glass windows depicting John the Baptist with Jesus.Arrive Mcleodganj & check into your hotel. Evening at leisure to explore the mall. Dinner & Overnight at Mcleodganj.
Day 03 : Post breakfast enjoy a beautiful walk through the town to Dal Lake. Feed the goldfish at this sacred lake.Later visit the Bhagsunath shrine.Later visit the official residence of the Dalai Lama & the Namgyal monastery.Evening is at leisure for souvenir shopping for Tibetan carpets,thangkas,ponchos,jackets,masks,votive objects,silver & stone trinklets etc. Dinner & Overnight at Mcleodganj.
Day 04 : Mcleodganj - Dalhousie ( 125 kms) : Post breakfast drive to Dalhousie.Check in to your hotel.Post lunch a walk to the Satdhara waterfalls & Panchpullah waterfalls.Evening visit the St John church. Evening is at leisure.Dinner & overnight at Dalhousie.
Day 05 : Dalhousie - Khajjiar ( 22 kms) : Drive to Khajjiar & check in to your hotel. Khajjiar at a height of 6430 feet was originally developed as a golf course by the British.Today, however this expansive meadow near Dalhousie serves as a great picnic spot.A temple dedicated to Khajinag is also wortth a visit.Kahajjiar's meadow together with its lake, floating island & horse riding around the meadow promises to be a cherished memory. Dinner & overnight at Khajjiar.
Day 06 : Departure for Pathankot : for boarding the train to onward destination.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation, breakfast, all taxes, all excursions by private car,entrances to monuments
- Exclusions -
- All other items not specified as above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Dalhousie
- Cottage stay in Dalhousie - 2 days from 8000 INR
Email the tour operator - Dalhousie & Dharamshala Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.