Honeymoon in Kerala Palms & Backwaters
- Special Occasions
- Price from:
- 19999 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/11/2006
Palms & Backwaters of Kerala -begin your life together with an unforgettable luxury honeymoon tour to Kerala -houseboats, sightseeing,hills,sea beaches,forests,tea gardens,lakes,rivers & only you two
Day 01 : Arrival Cochin : Pick up at the airport & transfer to your luxury resort. Begin your life together with an unforgettable journey in this green paradise.Plunge into the backwaters of kerala , the tranquil waves of the Arabian sea & the rich & vibrant culture of this colorful land.
Watch the dolphins at play - and they are regular guests - as the sun sets around the glass panels of a restaurant shaped in the architectural form of a traditional Kerala riceboat.
Evening view a traditional classical dance performance from South India followed by a tantalizing sea food dinner.
Day 02 :Cochin: Cochin, believed to be the finest natural harbor in the world is well regarded as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. The buildings are built in Portuguese style.
Post breakfast ferry across to Mattancherry Island : a quaint Jew town of palanquins & heraldry, jewels & rich murals. Also visit the famed St Francis Church & the old Synagogue.
Afternoon enjoy a special Ayurvedic massage session at the resort.
Evening enjoy spectacular views of the Chinese fishing nets at the waterfront.
Dinner & Overnight at Cochin.
Day 03 : Cochin / Munnar :Post breakfast drive to Munnar & check into your hotel.
Post lunch visit the Eravikulam Wildlife Sanctuary set up for the preservation of the endangered Nilgiri Tahr. The main inhabitant of the park is Nilgiri Tahr. Now the park has the largest known population of Tahr's existing in the world. The park also shelters Atlas Moth, Elephants, Sambhar's, Gaurs, Lion-tailed Macaque, Nilgiri, Langur, Tigers and Leopards.Spread across an area of 97 sq. kms, the park exhibits the breathtaking natural splendor of rolling grasslands and exotic flowers. Anamudi, the highest peak south of Himalayas, towers over the sanctuary in majestic pride. The Atlas Moth, largest of its kind in the world, is a unique possession of the park.
Later visit Marayoor, the only place in Kerala that has a natural growth of sandalwood trees. The sandalwood factory of the forest department, the caves with murals and relics from the new Stone Age civilization and the children's park spread across a hectare of land under the canopy of a single banyan tree are of great interest to tourists.
Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
DAY 04 : Munnar : Post breakfast visit Devikulam ,1800 meter above sea level and16 km. from Munnar Devikulam is a small and beautiful hill station. The Devi lake with its mineral water is a natural gift.7 kms from munnar, this hill station with its lawns, flora and fauna and the cool air is a experience. The sita devi lake with its mineral waters and its surroundings is a good picnic spot. The lake is also ideal for fishing.
Post lunch is at leisure to explore the breathtaking surroundings of tea plantations.
Dinner & overnight at Munnar.
Day 05 : Munnar / Kumarakom. Morning drive to Kumarakom near Kottayam and stay in one of the backwater resorts. The panoramic backwaters here offer an ideal retreat to enjoy nature at its best.
The village of Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake, and this small water world is part of the Kuttanad region.
Post lunch visit the bird sanctuary here, which is spread across 14 acres, is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and an ornithologist's paradise. Egrets, darters, herons, teal, waterfowl, cuckoo, wild duck and migratory birds like the Siberian stork that live there in flocks are a fascination for visitors. The best way to watch the birds of the Kumarokom sanctuary is a boat trip round the islands.
An enchanting backwater destination, Kumarokom offers visitors many other leisure options. Boating and fishing facilities are available at Kumarokom.
An unbelievably beautiful paradise of mangrove forests, emerald green paddy fields and coconut groves interspersed with enchanting waterways and canals adorned with while lilies - this is Kumarokom.
Dinner & overnight at your backwater resort at Kumarakom.
Day 06 : Kumarakom - Alleppey -Houseboat
Morning drive a short distance before switching over to a boat for a through many canals and waterways up to Alleppey.
The backwater cruise in a country boat is the best way to explore the villages and rural life. In Alleppey you will be taken aboard your floating houseboat, a different boat with a bedroom and en-suite rest room for your comfort. Enjoy unlimited surfing on backwaters, sip a coconut, get disturbed by only the chirping of birds and occasional ripples in water and savor mouthwatering delicacies prepared in front of you by your Kitchen crew. Spend the night on board the houseboat. Enjoy a cruise on the backwater through a maze of canals and lagoons and enjoy freshly caught fresh water fish cooked to your taste on board.
Day 07 : Houseboat
Each houseboat, with a capacity to accommodate at least 6 people at a time, has all the modern facilities like bedrooms with attached bath, a kitchen & a sit out area. Cruise through the enchanting waterways of Kerala in a Kettuvallam : a complete houseboat : in silent & misty surroundings , hearing the rhythmic humming of the helmsmen & filling your heart with the greenery around. Discover an array of shimmering waterways, composed of lakes, canals, rivers & rivulets, lined with dense tropical greenry & relish the changing views of the narrow canals, green paddy fields, homes, farms, churches, curved bridges & temples amidst the shades formed by coconut trees growing along the river at surprisingly improbable angles. Relish the delicacies of traditional Kerala cuisine like puttu, vellayamppam, rice & different types of fish curries & chicken stews served on board in traditional earthenware.
Begin your life together with an unforgettable journey to a green paradise, Imagine you and your loved one relaxing on a houseboat and floating along a tranquil Kerala Backwater. Feel as if you're the only people in the world as you travel through the placid waterways. Hear no voices other than the murmur of rippling water, the whisper of the wind rustling among the palm fronds and the sound of birds calling as they fly across an azure sky. Lie back and count the stars in the velvet sky of the tropical night, as you anchor on the banks of a Kerala backwater.
Wake up and see breath-takingly beautiful countryside on your honeymoon in Kerala Backwaters. The fertile green land, abundant sparkling water and clear blue sky come together in harmony, in the mesmerizing scenery of Kerala Backwaters. Lie back on your houseboat and trail your fingers through the warm ripples of the backwaters, where the river and the sea combine.
Be amazed by the natural beauty of the landscape around you in Kerala backwaters. Verdant paddy fields shine with an emerald glow in the early morning sunshine. Bright new banana leaves and palm fronds sway in the breeze, children laugh and wave as you pass by on your houseboat, and the lives of the local people, in the villages along the Kerala backwaters, continue in a timeless flow of the river of life.
Flow along with the backwaters of Kerala and experience a journey like no other, when you enjoy a honeymoon in Kerala Backwaters. Build a lifetime of memories of your journey together, through a Garden of Eden in God's Own Country.
Post breakfast deapart for Cochin airport by car.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in luxury hotels & houseboats as per itinerary All meals as specified in the itinerary All tours & excursions by private chauffer driven car Entrances to monuments & local English speaking guide.
- Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature & any items not specified in inclusions
- Extras -
- Cost per person : Rs 19999 onwards
Accommodation in luxury hotels & houseboats as per itinerary
All meals as specified in the itinerary
All tours & excursions by private chauffer driven car
Entrances to monuments & local English speaking guide.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cochin
- 5 Days Premium Honeymoon - 8 days from 20500 INR
- 5 Days Kerala - 5 days from 13500 INR
- Honey Moon Package - 6 days from 14000 INR
- Holiday Heaven Munnar Package - 3 days from 4750 INR
- Backwaters & Sandy Beaches - 6 days from 341 GBP
- Package Tour to Kerala God - 6 days from 10000 INR
- Prudent Kerala Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Tour - 7 days from 599 USD
- Enchanting of Kerala - 6 days from 13399 INR
- Honeymoon Special - 3 days from 9999 INR
- Kerala Unseen Paradise - 9 days from 18888 INR
- Kerala Backwaters Tour - 10 days from 760 GBP
- Cochin Dreams - 6 days from 12500 INR
- Kerala Honeymoon Tour - 7 days from 300 USD
- Incredible India Kerala Tour - 10 days from 675 USD
- Kerala Backwaters - 10 days from 1470 USD
- Incredible India Kerala Tour - 10 days from 699 USD
- Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour - 10 days from 460 USD
- Green Paradise God - 14 days from 589 GBP
- 6 Days Kerala Tour - 6 days from 833 USD
- 6 Days Kerala Backwaters Tour - 6 days from 833 USD
- 7 Days Kerala Tour - 7 days from 979 USD
- Kerala Short Tour - 7 days from 967 USD
- Kerala Holiday Tour - 8 days from 1077 USD
- 10 Days Kerala Tour - 10 days from 1484 USD
- Beaches of Lakshadweep - 6 days from 588 USD
- Kerala Backwater Holidays - 4 days from 120 USD
- Slice of Paradise - 8 days from 16500 INR
- Cochin Vacation Tour - 8 days from 450 USD
- The Best of India with Kerala - 14 days from 635 USD
- Vintage Kerala 7 Days - 7 days from 697 USD
- Taste of Kerala - 8 days from 700 USD
Email the tour operator - Honeymoon in Kerala Palms & Backwaters
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.