Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour
- Price from:
- 460 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Hindi
Last updated: 07/15/2007
Welcome INDIA with Horizon Tours one of the leading travel agency and tour operator in india
You arrive in Cochin by international flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would meet & assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check-in. Afternoon we leave for a boat cruise on sunset and in the evening we see Kerala's most popular classical dance, Kathakali. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Cochin - Munnar (150 km/ 4 hrs)
Cochin always had a very popular and historical sea trade connection with Middle East, Mediterranean Europe, Dutch and British. It has one of the finest natural harbours on the Arabian coastline. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in the buildings and structures representing different regions of the world. It is one of the few places in the world where one can see a Jewish synagogue, Portuguese churches, architecture, mosques, temples and Chinese fishing nets, all in one city. A city of peninsulas and islands, today it is Kerala's commercial hub.
In the morning at 0900 hrs we leave for a half day city tour of Cochin, with visits to St. Francis' Church, Dutch Palace (Built by the Portuguese), Jew Town, the Jewish Synagogue built in the year 1568, spice market, where the air is filled with the pungent smell of spices, and Chinese fishing nets.
Later in the afternoon we drive to Munnar. The distance of approximately 150 km is covered in around 4 hours while enjoying the scenic beauty with marvelous waterfalls, high mountains and low flying clouds passing through. Upon arrival check-in hotel for overnight stay.
Munnar Hills Munnar is one of the most popular hill stations in India, Munnar is situated at the confluence of three mountain streams - Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundala. Located at 1600 Mts. above sea level, this was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India. Sprawling tea plantations, picture book towns, winding lanes, trekking and holiday facilities make Munnar a unique experience. Munnar is essentially a tea town.
Morning post breakfast we head for a half-day tour of Munnar, visiting the world's highest tea estates spread like a green carpet over hundreds of kilometres, Lush green hills all around - a place to be seen to be believed, and Eravikulam National Park (Park is closed in the month of January and February), the best place to see the Nilgiri Tahr (mountain goat). Rest of the day at leisure to explore the destination on your own. Overnight stay at hotel
Munnar - Periyar (160 km/ 4 hrs)
Today we head for one of the finest wildlife sanctuaries in India, the Periyar Wildlife Reserve. Upon arrival at Periyar, we assist you to check in at our hotel. Set on an attractive lakeside, it is South India's most popular Wildlife Sanctuary. Late afternoon at 1500 hrs we shall take you to a guided Spice and plantation tour in one of the Spice Gardens / Plantations for which this region is famous. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Periyar - Kumarakom (135 km/ 4 hrs)
Boat Ride at Periyar Lake Periyar is a place to cruise on the lake and gives an opportunity to see wildlife. It is home to tigers, leopards, elephants, bison (gaur), antelopes, sambhar, wild boar, money etc, and a wide variety of birds.
Early morning before breakfast at 0630 hrs we go for a wildlife viewing to the sanctuary on lake Periyar by boat cruise. After two hours of wildlife viewing we get back to the hotel for breakfast. Later we leave for Kumarakom known for its backwaters, huge Vembanad Lake and the famous Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Check in at hotel. Rest of the day at leisure for independent activities. Overnight stay.
Kumarakom - Thothapalli (Overnight Houseboat)
After breakfast a visit to Bird Sanctuary. There are two seasons for birds: between October and February there are cormorants, teals, and other ducks and from February to July there are darters (snake birds), night herons, egrets, and Siberian storks. It also has golden backed woodpecker, crow pheasant, white-breasted water hen, tree pie etc.
This region is famous for its beautiful backwaters and village life revolving around the banks of these backwaters. On arrival board the houseboat, locally called Kettuvallam, and cruise around backwaters of Kumarakom to Thothapalli to observe and experience the daily life of the villagers along the backwaters. Overnight stay in the houseboat
Thothapalli - Kovalam (90 km/ 2 hrs)
Disembark the houseboat and next we head for Kovalam, South of Trivandrum, one of India's best beaches and famous for water sports in Southern India. The day's invested in exploring the unbounded beauty of this place. Overnight stay
Day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel
Day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel
Kovalam - Trivandrum (Depart)
Tour concludes. We thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to the Railway Station / Airport for your onward travel.
- Inclusions -
- 09 nights accommodation on twin sharing basis. Breakfast All meals in Houseboat. A/C transportation as per the itinerary (No transportation on leisure days). Local English speaking guide in Cochin & Munnar Boat cruise in Cochin. Kathakali dance show in Cochin. Boat safari in Periyar Spice and plantation tour in Periyar. All presently applicable taxes.
- Exclusions -
- Any airfare or airport tax. Expenses of personal nature. Monument charges. Any other expenses not mentioned in the cost includes.
- Extras -
- Price Details
Tour Cost (Using Budget Hotels)
Based on minimum 02 pax US$ 550 per person on twin sharing basis
Based on minimum 04 pax US$ 475 per person on twin sharing basis
Based on minimum 08 pax US$ 470 per person on twin sharing basis
Based on minimum 12 pax US$ 460 per person on twin sharing basis
Extra bed US$ 190
Single room supplement US$ 150
Rates are not valid from 20 December to 10 January
Supplement cost of Local speaking escort : US$ 325
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cochin
- 5 Days Premium Honeymoon - 8 days from 20500 INR
- 5 Days Kerala - 5 days from 13500 INR
- Honey Moon Package - 6 days from 14000 INR
- Holiday Heaven Munnar Package - 3 days from 4750 INR
- Backwaters & Sandy Beaches - 6 days from 341 GBP
- Package Tour to Kerala God - 6 days from 10000 INR
- Prudent Kerala Ayurvedic Rejuvenation Tour - 7 days from 599 USD
- Enchanting of Kerala - 6 days from 13399 INR
- Honeymoon Special - 3 days from 9999 INR
- Kerala Unseen Paradise - 9 days from 18888 INR
- Kerala Backwaters Tour - 10 days from 760 GBP
- Cochin Dreams - 6 days from 12500 INR
- Kerala Honeymoon Tour - 7 days from 300 USD
- Incredible India Kerala Tour - 10 days from 675 USD
- Kerala Backwaters - 10 days from 1470 USD
- Incredible India Kerala Tour - 10 days from 699 USD
- Green Paradise God - 14 days from 589 GBP
- 6 Days Kerala Tour - 6 days from 833 USD
- 6 Days Kerala Backwaters Tour - 6 days from 833 USD
- 7 Days Kerala Tour - 7 days from 979 USD
- Kerala Short Tour - 7 days from 967 USD
- Kerala Holiday Tour - 8 days from 1077 USD
- 10 Days Kerala Tour - 10 days from 1484 USD
- Beaches of Lakshadweep - 6 days from 588 USD
- Kerala Backwater Holidays - 4 days from 120 USD
- Slice of Paradise - 8 days from 16500 INR
- Cochin Vacation Tour - 8 days from 450 USD
- The Best of India with Kerala - 14 days from 635 USD
- Vintage Kerala 7 Days - 7 days from 697 USD
- Taste of Kerala - 8 days from 700 USD
- Honeymoon in Kerala Palms & Backwaters - 8 days from 19999 INR
Email the tour operator - Exotic Kerala Holiday Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.