Temple & Tiger Tour
- Price from:
- 1544 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/17/2007
n the Temple & Tiger Tour we will visit the National Parks and Sanctuaries of South India like Periyar National Park and Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary as well as some temples of South India.
Flight to India (Chennai)
Around midnight arrival in Chennai. The cosmopolitan city and capital of Tamil Nadu is the main gateway for travellers to South India. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel.
Chennai - Bangalore (by air)
In the morning we have a flight to Bangalore. Bangalore is the capital city of the Indian state Karnataka. This former "Garden city" Bangalore is known today as "computer city" of India. In the afternoon we drive through the garden city with its numerous avenues of Jacaranda, Gulmohar and Cassia. We will visit the Bull temple, which is built in the Dravidian style of architecture. This temple has a huge Nandi Bull carved out of a single grey granite and famous Gowda Fort, which was built by Tipu Sultan. We will also visit the Vidhan Sabha and downtown commercial centre. This Vidhana Sabha, which is built after independence, stands out by its imposing architecture in the neo Dravidian style.
Bangalore - Mysore
In the morning after having our breakfast we will drive to Mysore via Srirangapatnam, once the capital of Mysore. Visit fort, Tipu Sultan's palace, Maharaja Palace and the Gombaz and Chamundi Hill to visit Chamundeshwari temple and to see a giant Nandi (buffalo god) and enjoy the view of the surroundings form the hilltop. Evening at leisure to visit the beautiful Brindavan gardens.
Mysore - Halebid - Belur
Today we will visit the most impressive and one of the largest city palaces in India. The City Palace of Mysore "Ambar Vilas" is built in the Indo-Saracenic style. Mysore is world famous for Silk and Sandalwood. Mysore is also a centre of producing saris, which is a common dress of woman in India. After the Sightseeing of Mysore we proceed through picturesque hilly landscape and arrive in Halebid, which is the ancient capital of Hoysala empire. In Halebid we visit the Hoysalesvara Temple of 12th century where we see half- life size statues of Hindu deities, with minute details of each, all around the temple. After the visit in Halebid we proceed to Belur. In Belur we visit the group of Chennakesava Temple, which are famous for its architecture and sculptures.
Belur - Coonoor
In the morning after breakfast, we will drive to Coonoor. In the south's gentle Blue Hills, the Nilgris, is the little town of Coonoor - 1858 meters high. Check in the hotel. Rest of day at leisure to visit Sims Park, and enjoy cool walks through tea estates or drive to Lamds Rock for a view of the plains. Relax in the picturesque surroundings of Coonoor.
Coonoor - Cochin
After the breakfast, we drive to Cochin. Rest of the day at leisure.
After having breakfast, we visit full day tour of Mattancherry Palace, Jewish Synagogue and a back-water cruise to Bolghatty palace. We will also see the Chinese fishing nets, St. Francis Church and Santa Cruz Church. In the evening we will view traditional Kathakali classical dance recital.
Cochin - Kumarakom
In the morning we drive through the mountains, which are full of Cardamom and pass through the tea and coffee plantations and proceed to Kumarakom. In Kumarakom we enjoy the Boat ride trip through the tropical vegetation on the backwaters.
The whole day is today at leisure.
Kumarakom - Periyar
Today we leave the "Coconut Lagoons" and drive to the Periyar National Park. We start our sightseeing by having a Boat ride on the lake of Periyar. The lake of Periyar is the central point of the famous 780 square km. Periyar National Park was designated a part of project Tiger in 1973 and forms a part of the high mountain ranges, the Western Ghat. After the Boat ride we drive through the Park and observe the Elephants, Tiger, Bison, Sambars, Leopards, Wild oxen, Wild Boar and Spotted deer which are common here.
Periyar - Madurai
Today we leave Periyar and drive to Madurai. Madurai is situated on the bank of river Vaigai is also referred to as the Athens of the East. Madurai has the most outstanding example of Vijayanagar temple architecture in the Minakshi Temple, a standing monument to the temple builders of the 16th and 17th century. We spend enough time in Minakshi Temple and afterwards have a walk through the bazaars of this 2500 years old town before we drive back to the hotel.
Madurai - Trichy
Today we will visit Tirumalai Nayaka Palace, which was built in the 1636 and represent the Indo-Mughal style famous for the Stucco work on its domes and arches. A visit to Gandhi Museum is also included in our program. In Gandhi Museum we get the information about the life of Gandhi and freedom movement during the presence of British in India. In the afternoon we will drive to Tanjore. Enroute we will visit Trichy. Trichy, the land near the delta is very fertile and productive. This town is so ancient that Ptolemy Alexandrian geographer mentioned it in the 2nd century BC. We climb stairs to the famous Rock Fort, which was built on 84 m high rock in the centre of town in about 1660. We also visit a Shiva and Ganesha temple and enjoy a wonderful view of the surroundings from the top. We have an overnight stay in Trichy.
Trichy - Tanjore
In the morning we will drive to the city Tanjore (Thanjavur). Tanjore was the capital of great Chola Empire who built more than 70 temples between 10th and 14th century. We will visit here one of the world heritage monument, Brihasdisvara Temple (11th century), which is also known as big temple. We will drive further to Srirangam and visit the Ranganathasvami Temple, which is one of the largest temples in India dedicated to god Vishnu.
Tanjore - Mahabalipuram
Today we drive through the coastal route to Mahabalipuram. Enroute visit Gangaikonda Cholapuram and Chidambaram Natraja (Dancing Shiva) temples. Mahabalipuram is famous for the seven pagodas. In Mahabalipuram we visit some of the 14 cave temples and 9 monolithic rathas (temple chariots). The sculptors are more than 1200 years old. There are five chariots cut out of rock in individual pieces and carved out intricately. We will also see the world's largest and finest stone Bas-relief 27 meters long and 9 meters wide depicting Arjuna's penance. Pallavamala was the ruler who made the port famous in the 7th century and was largely responsible for building the temples.
Mahabalipuram - Chennai
In the morning we will drive to Chennai. In the afternoon we will have city tour and visit the Fort of St. George, High Court, Fort Museum, Marina Beach and Snake Park and the St. Mary's church. The British built the Fort of Saint George in the 17th century. The Saint Mary's church was the first English church in India. Rest of the day at leisure. After dinner we leave the hotel for the airport.
Around midnight flight to home destination.
- Inclusions -
- American/continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chennai
- Five Elements of This World - 12 days from 799 USD
- Chennai Heritage Triangle - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Living Temples of the South - 6 days from 387 GBP
- Package Tour to Andaman Islands Port Blair - 5 days from 10000 INR
- South India Historical Tour - 10 days from 300 USD
- Kerala Beaches - 15 days from 1402 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- Kerala Beaches - 15 days from 1402 USD
- Bird Watching in South India - 15 days from 1617 USD
- Blissful South India - 13 days from 825 EUR
- 26 Days South India Tour - 26 days from 2497 USD
- South India Intensive Tour - 17 days from 1264 USD
- South India Wildlife Tour - 15 days from 1387 USD
- 15 Days South India Tour - 15 days from 1457 USD
- South India Train Tour - 15 days from 1149 USD
- South India Coastal Tour - 14 days from 1160 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- South India Tour - 13 days from 1311 USD
- Best of South India Tour - 12 days from 1074 USD
- Ayurveda and Spa Vacation - 15 days from 180 USD
- Royal Indian Tour Package - 22 days from 1100 USD
- South India Cultural Tour - 15 days from 1125 USD
Email the tour operator - Temple & Tiger Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.