Royal Indian Tour Package
- Price from:
- 1100 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 22 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 am
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
Our Royal Indian Tour Package covers all the major destinations in North and South India to give you a feeling of what it was like in royal India.
Arrival at Chennai (Madras) - You arrive in Chennai by international flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would meet & assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check in and overnight stay.
Chennai / Mahabalipuram (Mammalapuram) ( 65 km / 1 ½ Hrs.) - Sightseeing tour touching Fort St. George, San Thome Cathedral and the museums that contain the world's most complete and impressive selection of Chola bronzes and stone sculptures from South India and the Deccan. Later drive to Mammalapuram. Built in the 7th century, this ancient city is said to be a sculptor's delight, boasting of some of India's most sublime rock-cut art, for which it is now a World Heritage site. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Mahabalipuram / Kanchipuram / Mahabalipuram ( 65 km / 1 ½ Hrs, One way) - Post breakfast departure for sightseeing covering Shore Temple, Arjuna's Penance & Five Rathas. Drive to Kanchipuram, the golden city of thousand temples, one of Hinduism's seven most sacred cities of the early Cholas of the 2nd century. Drive back to Mahabalipuram. Overnight stay.
Mahabalipuram / Tanjore (300 km / 6 hrs) -
Early morning drive to Tanjore. Upon arrival a visit to Brihadewswara Temple also known as the 'Big Temple', built by the Chola dynasty. This massive temple is 216 feet high and the single spherical stone on top weighs 80 tons. Overnight stay.
Tanjore / Trichy / Madurai ( 200 km / 4 hrs.) - Post breakfast departure for Madurai via Trichy. On arrival city tour of Trichy, covering Srirangam temple & Rockfort, Trichy's most famous landmark, which has a temple perched on the outcrop of Rock. On to Madurai. Overnight stay.
Madurai - Morning visit to Meenakshi Sundareshwar, one of the largest temple complexes in India built between the 16th and 18th centuries. It is estimated that 33 million sculptures are there. Leisurely afternoon. Overnight stay at hotel.
Madurai / Thekkady (136 km / 3 ½ Hrs.)
(Periyar Wildlife Sanctury) - Early morning drive to Thekkady. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay. Evening game viewing at the sanctuary by boat on lake Periyar. Overnight stay.
Periyar / Cochin (190 km / 4 hrs) -
Post breakfast departure for Cochin, one of the finest harbo urs on the Arabian coastline, famous as a port for foreigner traders from early times. A city of peninsulas and islands, today it is Kerala's commercial hub. Overnight stay.
Cochin - Morning tour of Cochin to visit Dutch Palace (Built by the Portuguese), Jew Town, the 1568 Jewish Synagogue, spice market, where the air is filled with the pungent smell of spices, St. Francis' Church and Chinese fishing nets. The evening holds a show of Kerala's most popular classical dance. Overnight stay.
Cochin / Guruvayur/ Mysore (250 km / 4 hrs)-
Early morning drive to Mysore via Guruvayur. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Mysore - We take a full day tour of Mysore with visits to Srirangapatnam and Tipu's Summer Palace, the Maharaja's Palace and Chamundi Hill, which is topped with a temple of Durga with the magnificent 5m tall Nandi, carved from a single piece of granite in year 1659, one of the largest in India. Overnight stay.
Mysore / 135 km / 3 hrs Bangalore / Mumbai (by air) - Early morning drive to Bangalore. The city tour would include Tipu Sultan's Palace, one of the most remarkable Islamic Buildings of the city, now a museum, ISKCON Temple and Lal Bagh Garden. On- time transfer to the airport to board flight for Mumbai. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Mumbai / Udaipur (by air) - Post breakfast departure for sightseeing covering the Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves, Marine drive & Prince Wales Museum. Later transfer to the airport to board flight to Udaipur. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Udaipur - Morning tour of Udaipur's fascinating City Palace. The tour continues to the garden of the Maids of Honour and Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum. At sunset you can cruise around in a boat amidst the romantic waters of Lake Pichola. Overnight stay.
Udaipur / Jaipur (by air) - The day is free for leisurely activities till evening. Transfer to the airport to board flight for Jaipur. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Jaipur - Early morning 11 km drive to Amber, the capital of the gallant Rajputs from 1037 to 1728 AD. Ascend the fort on Elephant back and visit the Palace. Later visit the City Palace, Birla Temple, Jantar Mantar Observatory and the Palace of winds. Overnight stay.
Jaipur / Agra (260 km / 6 hrs)- Morning drive to Agra. En route visit to fatehpur Sikri, a masterpiece in sandstone with the stunning elegance of its palaces and courts. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Agra, the erstwhile capital of India under the great Mughals and home to Taj Mahal, has always fascinated the Indians as well as foreigners alike. Most of Agra is on the West bank of river Yamuna, with the Agra Fort and the Taj at its nucleus. Taj Mahal is quite simply one of mankind's most remarkable creations. Early morning you enjoy the sight of the rising sun over the dome like structure of the magnificent Taj Mahal. Next on is a visit to Agra Fort. Evening at leisure followed by overnight stay at hotel.
Agra / Khajuraho (By Air) - Post breakfast transfer to airport to board flight for Khajuraho. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay.
Khajuraho / Varanasi (By Air) - Early morning sightseeing trip, covering temples built between 950 and 1050 AD by the mighty warrior kings of the Chandela dynasty, in a truly inspired burst of creativity, only 22 temples survive of the 85 originally built. On time transfer to the airport to board flight for Varanasi. Overnight stay.
Varanasi / Delhi (By Air) - Early morning boat ride at the river Ganges. Return to hotel for breakfast. Later we leave for Sarnath at a distance of 12 Kms from Varanasi, where Lord Buddha preached his first sermon after Enlightenment. Evening transfer to airport to board flight for Delhi. On arrival we assist you to check in at our Hotel for overnight stay.
Delhi - Breakfast at the Coffee shop. Rest of the morning at leisure. You will be taken on a guided tour of Delhi, beginning with a morning sightseeing trip
to Old Delhi and followed by visits to the 1648 Red Fort, India's largest
mosque - Jama Masjid and Gandhi Memorial at Raj Ghat. Afternoon tour
includes visits to India Gate, President's House, Humayun's Tomb, Lotus
Temple and Qutb Minar. Tour concludes. Caper thanks you for your patronage
and ensures a punctual transfer to the Railway Station / Airport for your onward travel.
- Extras -
- Destination Covered : Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram -Tanjore - Trichy - Madurai - Thekkady - Cochin - Guruvayur - Mysore - Bangalore - Mumbai - Udaipur - Jaipur - Agra - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Delhi
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chennai
- Five Elements of This World - 12 days from 799 USD
- Chennai Heritage Triangle - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Living Temples of the South - 6 days from 387 GBP
- Package Tour to Andaman Islands Port Blair - 5 days from 10000 INR
- South India Historical Tour - 10 days from 300 USD
- Kerala Beaches - 15 days from 1402 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- Kerala Beaches - 15 days from 1402 USD
- Bird Watching in South India - 15 days from 1617 USD
- Blissful South India - 13 days from 825 EUR
- 26 Days South India Tour - 26 days from 2497 USD
- South India Intensive Tour - 17 days from 1264 USD
- Temple & Tiger Tour - 16 days from 1544 USD
- South India Wildlife Tour - 15 days from 1387 USD
- 15 Days South India Tour - 15 days from 1457 USD
- South India Train Tour - 15 days from 1149 USD
- South India Coastal Tour - 14 days from 1160 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- South India Tour - 13 days from 1311 USD
- Best of South India Tour - 12 days from 1074 USD
- Ayurveda and Spa Vacation - 15 days from 180 USD
- South India Cultural Tour - 15 days from 1125 USD
Email the tour operator - Royal Indian Tour Package
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.