- Price from:
- 1402 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/24/2007
Kerala contains one of the richest and most varied fauna in India. Fein sand beaches with palm trees in Kerala are frequently replaced by the tropical jungles and green highland.
Flight to India (Chennai)
Around midnight arrive in Chennai (formerly Madras). The cosmopolitan city and capital of Tamil Nadu is the main gateway for travellers to South India. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel.
Chennai - Cochin
After the breakfast we start the sightseeing of Chennai. We visit the Fort St. George near the harbour area of Chennai that was built by the British in the 17th century and also the St. Mary's Church. This church was the first English church in India. In the afternoon we drive along the coast to Cochin. Cochin is the most interesting town in South India at Malabar Coast and is also known as Venice of South. In Cochin we visit St. Francis church, the oldest European church in India in which the grave of famous sailor Vasco da Gama can be visited. After the visit of St. Francis Church we have a walk through the Jewish area of Mattancherry.
Cochin is divided into different parts, Fort Cochin, Willington Island, Ernakulam, Bolghatty Island and Vypeen Island. Most of the historic buildings are in Fort Cochin. We have whole day today at leisure so that we can explore Cochin on our own and visit these islands and churches. In the afternoon we visit a Kathakali dance school. Kathakali dances come from Kerala and in its traditional form relate stories from the Hindu epics Ramayana and Mahabharata.
Cochin - Munnar
In the morning after the breakfast drive to Munnar. Munnar is situated at the confluence of three mountain streams. It is situated at a height of 1600 meter above sea level. This hill station was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British Government in South India. Sprawling tea plantations, picture book towns, winding lanes, and holiday facilities make this a popular resort town. Munnar also has the highest peak in South India - Anamudi, which towers over 2695 m. This peak is an ideal spot for trekking.
This day free to explore the natural surroundings at Munnar.
Munnar - Periyar
Today we drive to the Periyar WildLife Sanctuary. We start our sightseeing by having a Boat ride on the lake of Periyar. The lake of Periyar is the central point of the famous Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. This sanctuary was designated a part of Project Tiger in 1973. It covers an area of 780 square km. After the Boat ride we drive through the Park and observe the elephants, bison, sambar, wild oxen, wild boar and spotted deer which are common here.
Periyar - Trivandrum
In the morning we drive from Periyar to Trivandrum. Trivandrum formerly known as Thiruvananthapuram is gateway to one of the most beautiful Indian states, Kerala. Stretching along the southern coast of the country, with the Backwaters reaching deep into the verdant countryside, Kerala affords a fascinating experience. It is one of the most beautiful cities of India. It is also an excellent base to explore the interiors of Kerala. On arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to hotel. Later proceed for a sight seeing of Trivandrum. We will visit Padmanabha Swamy Temple. This temple is devoted to Lord Vishnu who is depicted reclining on Sri Anantha, the hooded snake from which the city derives its name. Exquisite stone carvings and pavilions are worth admiring. We also visit Science & Technology museum, Anchuthengu Fort. The British East India Company built this historic fort in the 17th century. We will also visit the Vettukad Church. This church is also known as The 'Madre De Deus' Church and attracts thousands of devotees from all religions.
Today we will visit Varkala Beach and Sankhumugham Beach. Varkala beach is a seaside resort, as well as an important Hindu centre of pilgrimage. High cliffs with rich mineral springs rise majestically from the coastline. Sankhumugham Beach has long stretch of clean sand and is located near the airport. Enjoy whole of the day at beaches.
Trivandrum - Kovalam (about 16 km)
Today in the morning, after having breakfast we drive to Kovalam beach. Kovalam beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is most people's idea of paradise. This unique and uncluttered beach of silvery sands is fringed with rows of tall swaying palms. There are facilities here for water sports and a taste of Kerala culture, including Kathakali performances in the evenings. One can enjoy the whole day at Kovalam beach and as well as enjoy the water sports and Kathakali dances. After coming back from Kovalam beach we visit Vizhinjam. It is a fishing port, which is also important for an ongoing pioneer project to generate electricity from wave energy.
Today we have this day at leisure at beach.
Kovalam - Kollam
Today we drive to Kollam from Kovalam. Kollam is the centre of the country's cashew trading and processing industry. One of the oldest ports on the Malabar Coast, Kollam was one the port of international spice trade. This district also has some interesting historic remnants and a number of temples built in the traditional ornate architectural style. It also has various beaches. Today we will visit Thangasseri village and Thirumullavaram beach. This seaside village of historic importance has the ruins of an Old Portuguese fort and churches built in the 18th century. The Thangasseri Lighthouse is situated at 144 feet height. Thirumullavaram beach is a beautiful picnic spot. This beach is very beautiful place for relaxation and enjoyment. One can enjoy the day at beach.
Kollam - Alleppey (Allappuzha)
After having breakfast drive to Alleppey to enjoy the magic by going on a Houseboat (Kettuvallam) cruise across the backwaters. Today enjoy the backwaters of Kerala by getting a glimpse of the village life at close quarters. The boat trip between Kollam and Alleppey is the longest and most enchanting experience on the backwaters of Kerala. It will be a very unique and unforgettable experience. Today enjoy the sunset & stay overnight in the houseboat.
Alleppey - Mararikulam
Today from Alleppey after having a day at the houseboat we drive through the narrow channels of famous backwaters of Alleppey and proceed further to Mararikulam. Mararikulam is a famous beach resort at the Malabar Coast.
Today we enjoy the famous palm beaches of Mararikulam by refreshing our memories of our Kerala Tour as we have here an opportunity to enjoy this sunny day at the famous beaches of the ocean of Mararikulam.
Mararikulam - Cochin (about 55 km)
Today we drive to Cochin. This drive gives us again an impression of the beautiful landscaping of this region. The rest of the day at leisure.
- Inclusions -
- Rooms on the departure day.
- Exclusions -
- Exclusions: Any kind of Personal Expenses such as Tips, Laundry, Telephone Bills and Alcoholic beverages. Camera Fees (Still or Movie). Any Flight Charges. Monument Entrances. Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chennai
- Five Elements of This World - 12 days from 799 USD
- Chennai Heritage Triangle - 5 days from 12000 INR
- Living Temples of the South - 6 days from 387 GBP
- Package Tour to Andaman Islands Port Blair - 5 days from 10000 INR
- South India Historical Tour - 10 days from 300 USD
- Kerala Beaches - 15 days from 1402 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- Bird Watching in South India - 15 days from 1617 USD
- Blissful South India - 13 days from 825 EUR
- 26 Days South India Tour - 26 days from 2497 USD
- South India Intensive Tour - 17 days from 1264 USD
- Temple & Tiger Tour - 16 days from 1544 USD
- South India Wildlife Tour - 15 days from 1387 USD
- 15 Days South India Tour - 15 days from 1457 USD
- South India Train Tour - 15 days from 1149 USD
- South India Coastal Tour - 14 days from 1160 USD
- South India Temple Tour - 14 days from 1204 USD
- South India Tour - 13 days from 1311 USD
- Best of South India Tour - 12 days from 1074 USD
- Ayurveda and Spa Vacation - 15 days from 180 USD
- Royal Indian Tour Package - 22 days from 1100 USD
- South India Cultural Tour - 15 days from 1125 USD
Email the tour operator - Kerala Beaches
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.