- Price from:
- 599 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 pm
- End time:
- 11.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
The trek to Chandratal the " Moon Lake" is almost like going to the moon. You almost feel like the first explorers going to a new place for the first time.
You arrive in Delhi by International flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check-in. After some rest, breakfast at coffee shop in the Hotel. After breakfast we will go on a guided tour of Delhi, beginning with a morning sightseeing trip to the Red Fort built in the year 1648 and Gandhi Memorial at Raj Ghat. Afternoon tour includes drive around India Gate, President's House and visits to Humayun's Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Delhi - Manali ( 570 Km. / 12-13 hrs Drive )
After early breakfast, we drive at 0600 hrs to Manali, Arrive Chandigarh the capital of haryana and Punjab and have a break for Lunch, Later drive further to Manali, Upon Arrival in Manali check into our hotel. Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel, Breathe in the fresh mountain air of Manali, the most famous hill resort in Himachal Pradesh. the pine covered slopes, the panoramic mountain vistas, the gushing waters of the Beas river are sure to enthrall you as you embark on a a tour of Naggar Castle, Roerich's Art gallery, Hadimba Devi Temple, Tibetan Monastery. Drive back to hotel on time for lunch. Evening is at leisure. Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel.
Manali - Batal (100 Kms / 03-04hrs Drive)
Morning after breakfast drive to Batal via Rohtang pass (3980 M). Upon arrival in Batal we have lunch and later We will go on an acclimatising hike from here. Return to the camp in the evening for Dinner and Overnight stay in tents.
Batal - Chandratal (18 Kms. / 5-6 hrs trek)
Early breakfast at the Camp and today we will start trek to reach Chandratal (4250 mtrs) with packed lunch and it will take us about 5-6 hrs, while on this trek we will get a nice view of the Lahaul range, peaks like Minar (6172 M), Talagiri (6279 M), Tara Pahar (6227 M) and Mulkila (6517 M). Dinner and Overnight stay in the amp.
Chandra Tal ( 4250 M / 14000 FT)
Breakfast at the Camp, This day belongs to you, 'Do Your Own Thing'. Go on an exploratory hike, swim in the chilled waters of the lake, or just chill at the campsite, Lunch and Dinner at the camp and overnight stay.
Chandra Tal - Tokpo Yongma (4350 M/14300 FT) 12Kms / 6 hrs trek
Breakfast at the Camp and Start trek to enjoy a good view of the mountain peaks and glaciers throughout the trek to reach Tokpo Gongma (4400 m). Stop for Packed lunch on the way to Tokpo Yongma. Tokpo means river in Tibetan and Gongma means big. Dinner and Overnight stay in the tents.
Tokpo Yongma - Tokpo Gongma (4650 M/15250 FT) 10Kms / 5hrs trek
Breakfast at the Camp and today we will trek 15 kms and the time taken will depend on how long it takes to cross Tokpo Yongma (Lower River) and one more stream. We might have to use ropes for crossing the streams. (the river should be crossed in the morning when the water is low.)We will stop nearby a stream to have our pack lunch. Arrive Camp and have Diiner and Overnight stay in tents.
Tokpo Gongma - Baralacha (4950 M) 10Kms / 5hr trek- Manali (By Jeep)
Breakfast at the Camp, Today We start the day by crossing Tokpo Gongma (upper river). On this day we will have to hike for 10 kms to reach Baralacha La. Baralacha La (4950 M) is a double pass. Roads from Zanskar, Ladakh, Spiti and Lahaul meet on top of the pass. Upon arrival at Baralacha Pass our tour escort will meet you there with the Jeeps and drive straight to Manali for Dinner and Overnight stay.
Manali - Delhi (570 Km. / 12-13 hrs)
Breakfast at the hotel and time at leisure, Post Lunch time to explore the city on your own. We will depart for Delhi by 1800 hrs. Dinner on the way to Delhi. Overnight Journey
Arrive at Delhi at 06:30 hrs. and upon arrival transfer to your hotel. A leisurely morning is followed by breakfast and time at leisure. In evening we will go for the evening Light and Sound show at Red fort. Drive back to hotel for Farewell Dinner and Overnight stay.
- Extras -
- Staring at you is this turquoise crescent of water surrounded by the Chandrabhaga & Mulkila Massifs. The lake seems to hypnotize you with its various hues and is like a nymph left alone in this great Himalayan setting of towering mountains. This moderately difficult trek is also provides one with an opportunity to get to as high of 4800 m without too much difficulty
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chandratal Lake
- Trekking From Manali To Chandratal Lake - 12 days from 13000 INR
Email the tour operator - Chandratal Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.