Chail Sightseeing Tour
- Price from:
- 4444 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 10/17/2007
Just 43 kms from the maddening pace of Shimla is Chail,an idyllic mountain retreat happily isolated from the rest of Himachal and occupying prime position on the tourist map of North India Hills.
Arrival Chail : Arrival Chail & check -in at your mountain retreat.Post breakfast at lesure to explore the picturesque environs at Chail.
The flamboyant Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala built Chail as his 'summer capital' when he was banned from Shimla after a clash with the British in 1891. Never one to be left behind, the Maharaja conjured up his very own Xanadu, the Chail Palace, a magnificent mansion in surroundings that overshadowed any resort the British commanded. Chail is built on three hills - the palace on Rajgarh Hill, the British Residency on Pandhewa Hill and Sadh Tiba is the third hill.
The drive to Chail is scenic, winding around the gorgeous valleys of Kandaghat, past forests thick with foliage and fruit laden orchards. Along the entire journey, you are aware that Chail stands apart from other Himachal hill stations in its majesty and location. When you finally reach Chail, you are rewarded with a spectacular view of the Himalayas. The twinkling lights of Shimla and Kasauli are clearly visible and Chail overlooks the Satluj Valley.
Dinner & overnight at Chail.
Chail : Post breakfast commence sightseeing tour with a picnic lunch to Sadhupul village on the way to Kandagahat.
Later visit the world's highest cricket pitch and polo ground at 2,444 m - Chail's best known attraction. Wander off into the woods for a peaceful walk or do a more strenuous hike up the hillside, try some angling in the river nearby or go horse riding on the narrow trail around the hill. Kids will enjoy the tiny wildlife sanctuary with ghoral, sambhar, cheer pheasants and red jungle fowl for company.
Dinner & overnight at Chail.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation aat a premier mountain resort with breakfast, dinner & all taxes and all excursions as per itinerary
- Exclusions -
- Any other expenses of personal nature
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Chail
- Cottage stay in Chail - 3 days from 12000 INR
Email the tour operator - Chail Sightseeing Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.