Wayanad Adventure Explore the Unexplored
- Price from:
- 15000 INR /person
- +91 9321 440764
- Telefax: 04902316244
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Calicut Intl Airport / Railway Station
- Location Finish:
- Calicut Intl Airport / Railway Station
- We Speak:
- Malayalam. Hindi, Marathi, English
Last updated: 03/23/2007
A holiday tour to explore the hidden treasure of Kerala, Malabar. Stay and experience nature, wildlife, Treehouses, waterfalls in its very best natural way.
Arrival at Calicut by air or rail and Saroma representative welcomes you in a traditional Malabar way.
Check-in to your hotel and after lunch proceed towards Beypore.
Beypore for centuries has been a famous shipbuilding center. Its Uru, the country craft built by traditional shipbuilders known as Khalasis, still has a large market and continues to attract buyers from across the Arabian Sea. Enjoy Sunset at Kappad Beach, the place where Vasco-da-Gama first landed in India.
Overnight stay at your hotel
After breakfast proceed to Tusharagiri waterfalls.
Two waterfalls truly worth the sight. One at 60ft and the other at 100ft (trek of 20 min to reach the second), will blow you away just by the sheer sight of it. Check-in to your hotel. Evening visit Pookote Lake: A picturesque natural formation amidst the forest. Enjoy boating in the calm waters of this lake
After early breakfast proceed to Pakshipathalam.
It is believed that after his aerial circumbation, Garuda perched on Karimala, where today you can see a small projection shaped in the form of an eagle. Pakshipathalam or Birds in the nether region is closed from Feb : June due to fear of sudden forest fires.
Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary - Tholpetty.
Tholpetty in the rainforests of Muthanga is a part of the Nilgiri Biosphere. The park has a floating population of over 900 elephants and as a park is far better than its elder cousin : Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary. Enjoy the flora and fauna as you ride on an elephant through the rainforests. Park is closed from June-September.
Overnight at your hotel
Visit Edakkal Caves - a Neolithic age cave paintings site, Neelimala view point and Sentinel rock falls.
Evening at leisure.
Have a candle-light dinner in India's only natural cave restaurant. For the adventurous, night stay can be arranged in a tree top house
Except for the Katunayika tribe, the 950 acre island of Kuruvadweep is uninhabited and untouched by modernity. This island has the power to put you into a Mowgli-mindset. It forces you to think like a denizen of the jungle. Cross the shallow streams of the gently flowing tributary of the Kabini River to reach the island. Observe the white floral patterns caused by the dried up algae on the rocks.
Trip to Kuruvadweep consumes an entire day. So lunch would be packed and taken along
Enjoy the beauty of nature around your resort. Experience the magic of Ayurveda with one traditional massage for all. Evening at leisure
Checkout after breakfast and proceed to airport or railway station for return journey
- Inclusions -
- Food and all Taxes
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Calicut
- Mystic Malabar - 7 days from 18000 INR
Email the tour operator - Wayanad Adventure Explore the Unexplored
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.