Nagaland Short Tour
- Price from:
- 531 USD /person
- 0091 98291 53949
- 0091 0141 2622098
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/20/2007
Nagaland Short Tour covers 7 days and 6 nights. In the Nagaland Short Tour, you will visit various places in Nagaland like Mon, Mokokchung and Kohima. Kohima is the capital of Nagaland.
Around midnight arrival in Kolkata. In the morning transfer to the airport for the flight to Kolkata (formerly known as Calcutta). Kolkata is India's largest city and one of the biggest city in south Asia. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and transferred to the hotel.
Kolkata - Dibrugarh (by air) - Mon (about 200 kms.)
In the early morning, drive to the airport for the flight to Dibrugarh. Upon arrival, you will be met by an Indo Vacations representative and drive to Mon. Mon is the district headquarter of Mon district and situated at an altitude of 897.64 meters above sea level. It is the home of the Konyaks tribes. It is interesting to see the tattooed faces people wearing feathered headgears and traditional dress. Konyaks are adapt artisans and skilled craftsmen. Here you can find excellent wood carvings, daos (Machetes), guns, gunpowder, headgears etc. In the evening stay in tourist lodge.
In the morning visit typical Konyak tribal village, Shangnyu. Shangyu was ruled by the chief Angh, and one of the prominent village of the Mon District. There is a wonderful wooden monument measuring 8 feet. in height and 12 feet. breadth which is believed to be constructed by heavenly angels. The carvings of human beings and other creatures are engraved on this monument. Today, you can also visit the Konyak Murungs, where one can still see the collection of human skulls. Konyaks were head hunters in the olden days and used to keep the enemies head as a trophy.
Mon - Mokokchung
After breakfast drive to Mokokchung, the district headquarters situated at an altitude of 1325 meters above sea level. This picturesque town is the cultural centre of the AO Nagas. The AO warriors used to wear the beautiful black and red handwoven shawl with its white decorated band to signify their power over their enemies. The two main festivals of AO's are Moatsu in early May and Tsungremmong in August. In the evening stay in the circuit house.
Mokokchung - Kohima (about 180 kms.)
After having breakfast drive to Kohima. Kohima is the capital of Nagaland and the hill station which is situated at an altitude of 1444 meters above sea lavel. In the evening reach Kohima and stay in the hotel.
After breakfast visit the Khonoma, an Angami tribal village, about 20 kms. towards the west of Kohima. The Khonoma village has its own traditions of valour and courage. The history reveals that Khonoma provided protection to several villages in good old days. The village gate tells the story of the British infiltration into Naga Hills. In Kohima, visit the War Cemetry. War Cemetry is a symbolic memorial raised as citation for the supreme sacrifices made by the officers and man during the Second World War. The state Musuem treasures rare collection of articles of different tribes which speak about the history and tradition of the Nagas. In Nagaland, also visit the local market.
Kohima - Dimapur (about 74 kms.) - Kolkata (by air)
After breakfast drive to Dimapur airport to take the flight to Kolkata.
- Inclusions -
- American/continental Breakfast.
- Exclusions -
- Unspecified Meals etc.
- Extras -
- Given cost if on per person basis on minimum two travelers. There is discount available between April and September. Please write us to receive more details !
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Calcutta
Email the tour operator - Nagaland Short Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.