Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
- Price from:
- 600 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 12 days
- Location Start:
- New Delhi
- Location Finish:
- New Delhi
- Start time:
- 08.00 pm
- End time:
- 08.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Hindi
Last updated: 12/04/2006
Buddhist Pilgrimage tour deals with the important places of worship like Sravasti, Kushinagar,Patna,Rajgir,Bodhgaya,Varanasi and all the sacred sites associated with Buddhism religion of Lord Buddha.
Flight to India (New Delhi) - You arrive in Delhi by international flight. After a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representatives would assist you at the airport and to our hotel for check in and overnight stay.
New Delhi - Lucknow (by train) - This morning is at leisure. In the afternoon we will drive to the railway station for the train to Lucknow.
Lucknow - Sravasti (about 170 km) - Upon arrival in Lucknow, we will drive further to Sravasti. Sravasti (ancient Savatthi) was the capital of Kosala Mahajanapada and was the biggest town in the Gangetic plains during the Buddha's lifetime. In Sravasti we visit the famous monastery where Lord Buddha spent 24 rainy seasons preaching.
Sravasti - Kushinagar (about 380 km) - Today in the morning drive from Sravasti to Kushinagar. Kushinagar is the place that the Buddha chose for his Mahaparinirvana, or final exit from this earth. Today we visit the Rambhar Stupa that marks Buddha's cremation ground. This is the oldest monastery in Kushinagar. We will also visit the Kushinagar Museum.
Kushinagar - Patna (about 253 km)- In the morning after having breakfast we drive further to Patna. Patna, the ancient Indian town of Pataliputra was thriving township during the Buddha's lifetime. Today we will drive to Kumrahar to see the ruins of Pataliputra, which is about 6 km from Gandhi Maidan.
Patna - Today after having breakfast we have sightseeing in Patna. Today we visit Patna Museum, Golghar, Patna Sahib.
Patna - Rajgir (about 100 km) - In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Rajgir. Enroute we visit Nalanda, the ancient Buddhist University. Today we will visit the Vishwa Shanti Stupa. Then we will drive further to Griddhakuta. The strange rock protrusion resembling a vulture's beak probably gave the hill its name.
Rajgir - Bodhgaya (about 70 km)- In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Bodhgaya. Today we visit the Mahabodhi temple built to mark the spot where the Buddha attained enlightenment. We also visit the Bodhgaya museum that is located near the Mahabodhi temple.
Bodhgaya - Varanasi (about 242 km) - In the morning we drive further to Varanasi. Varanasi is without doubt India's most sacred city and thus visited by over one million people. Varanasi is also called the city of light - Kashi or Benaras. Buddha visited this city in 500 BC. Varanasi is regarded as one of the oldest and the holiest city. According to the Indian chronicles, Varanasi was established as a city around twelve hundred years ago before the Christian era.
Varanasi - In the early morning we take boat - ride on the holy River Ganges and enjoy sunrise on the boat. Ghats (flight of steps) and the activities of pilgrims on that, are the principal attraction for visitors to Varanasi. Thousands of pilgrims and devotees visit this city to make holy prayers, to meditate and to purify themselves through taking a bath in the holy river Ganges. In the noon we visit the city of Varanasi.
Varanasi - New Delhi (by air) - In the afternoon we drive to the airport for the flight from Varanasi to New Delhi. In New Delhi we have rest of the day at leisure. Rooms are available to get fresh and change before we depart to the airport with Caper Travels representative.
New Delhi - Tour concludes. Caper thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to the Railway Station / Airport for your onward travel.
- Extras -
- India is a home to many religions and all these religions have important places of worship. Buddhist Pilgrimage tour also deals with the important places of worship like Sravasti, Kushinagar, Patna, Rajgir, Bodhgaya and Varanasi. All the sacred sites have been associated with Lord Buddha right from his birth to the rise of Buddhism in India. This tour covers 12 Days and 11 Nights.Destinations:(New Delhi - Lucknow - Sravasti - Kushinagar - Patna - Rajgir - Bodhgaya - Varanasi - New Delhi)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bodhgaya
- Special Buddhist Tour - 11 days from 549 USD
Email the tour operator - Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.