Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary Package Tour
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 3333 INR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- 5 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 07.00 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/23/2006
Tour the famous Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary ,home to hundreds of species of birds, enjoy boat & rickshaw rides & listen to the sounds of birds in an eco friendly environment.Nature at its best !
Day 01 :New Delhi to Bharatpur
Early morning drive to Bharatpur (225 kms / 5 hrs)
The famous Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary which is a wonder of the natural world and no less worth seeing than the marble mausoleum of the Taj. Here over 350 species of birds find refuge in the 29sq kms of shallow lakes & wood lands of the park. A third of them are migrants many of whom spend winter in Bharatpur before returning to their breeding grounds as far away as Siberia and Central Asia.
This sanctuary is the creation of the Maharja of Bharatpur in the late 19th century, who recognized the area's potential and augmented the water supply by diverting water from a nearby irrigation canal. He also constructed small dams, dykes and shooting butts & in a few years the new ecosystem so flourished that it was able to support thousands of water birds. The maharaja celebrated his success in style, with extravagant shooting parties for the dignitaries of princely India. Their exploits are recorded to this day on a sandstone inscription in the park. There are many good paths & trails through the dense park, but a ride with your expert rickshaw driver will be a rewarding experience as he has been trained to recognise the different species of birds.
On arrival in Bharatpur - check into hotel.
Late afternoon proceed by cycle rickshaws to the bird sanctuary.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Bharatpur
At dawn, take a boat ride in the lake. This is perhaps the most enchanting way to view bird life from up close.
Afternoon visit the bird sanctuary. Some 377 species can be spotted at Bharatpur Sanctuary, making it one of the most inviting destinations in the world for ornithologists, amateurs and nature lovers. One-third of birds at Bharatpur are migrants, many of whom spend their winters before returning to their breeding grounds in the Arctic and Central Asia.
Best time to visit the sanctuary is between October and February when many migratory birds can be seen, including the endangered Siberian Crane. Tourists can enjoy to see the Saras Cranes (the largest bird) and several other species of cranes- egrets, darters, herons, storks, geese, ducks, eagles, hawks, shanks, stints, wagtails, wheatears, flycatchers, buntings, larks, spoonbills, kingfishers, owls and pipits, who have made Bharatpur their temporary abode.
Overnight at hotel.
Post breakfast depart for Delhi.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation in Birding Lodge
- Exclusions -
- Expenses of personal nature, camera fees etc
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bharatpur
- Bird WatchingTours Bharatpur - 2 days from 4444 INR
Email the tour operator - Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary Package Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.