Southern Gateway Vacation Trip
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 199 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/02/2007
Visit the queen of southern hill stations i.e. Ooty and get pleasure under the high hill ranges of Nilgiri Mountains. See the Silver Cascade waterfall of Kodaikanal during the journey with your family
Arrive at Bangalore
Arrival Bangalore. Transfer to Hotel. Later visit Bull Temple, Lalbaug, drive past Vidhan Soudha and Cubbon Park, evening visit Iskcon Temple and return to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Bangalore - is the capital of Karnataka. It is called the Garden City for it's delicate blossoms and greenery that impart a unique beauty to this lovely city. The weather is the city's best feature, with pleasant summers and bearable winters. Bangalore is a cosmopolitan city, where different cultures and customs exist. Kempe Gowda founded the city in 1537 - today it is a bustling and diverse city, with ancient arts that flourish alongside the Silicon Plateau of India!
Morning visit MG Road and Commercial Street for shopping. Afternoon depart for Mysore. Enroute visit Srirangapatnam - the 18th century Summer Palace of Tipu Sultan. On arrival at Mysore,check into hotel.Evening at leisure.Overnight at the hotel.
Mysore - was the capital of the old royal Mysore province. The word Mysore expands to "Mahishasurana Ooru" which means the town of Mahishasura. The story goes that the demon Mahishasura was killed by godess Chamundeshwari atop the Chamundi hill near Mysore, and hence the name. Ever since, the Mysore royal family have worshipped Chamundeshwari as the palace deity.
To the people of India the word Mysore is synonymous with culture i.e. palaces, temples, Sandalwood craftmanship,silk and fine inlay-work using ivory. Today it is the hub of all the tourist activity in Karnataka.
Kesava Temple, MysoreEarly Morning proceed to visit the Chamundi Hills for a panoramic view of Mysore city and the famous Chamundi Temple and later the Mysore Palace, Art Gallery, St. Philomena's Church - Built in the Gothic style. and in the evening the Brindavan Gardens. Overnight at the hotel.
Mysore - Ooty
Early morning, proceed to Ooty. On arrival check into hotel.Afternoon visit the lake and Botanical Gardens. Evening at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Ooty - called the queen of southern hill stations.
This beautiful botanical paradise was first brought to the public eye by John Sullivan, Collector of Coimbatore district in 1819. Ooty (also Ootacamund or Udhagamandalam) is situated at an altitude of 2,240 meters .The name Nilgiri or the Blue Mountains may have been derived from the fact that when the funnel-shaped lavender-blue flowers blossom this picturesque mountain range becomes covered with the colour of the blue lavender making the entire mountain look blue.
Ooty - Coonoor - Ooty
Morning proceed to Coonoor - visit Sim's Park, Lamb's Rock and Dolphins Nose and return to Ooty. Afternoon visit Doddabetta Peak and the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Coonoor - only 17kms from Udhagamandalam , is not very commercialized and retains a certain amount of untouched charm. It is a small town with an equable climate that has made it popular as a hill resort in its own right. The main attractions are its view points and the Sim's Park, a small well maintained botanical garden that has several varieties of plants not to be found in other parts.
Ooty - Kodaikanal
Morning proceed to Kodaikanal ( 280 km/7 Hrs) Enroute see the Silver Cascade waterfall and on arrival at Kodaikanal check into hotel.Evening at leisure.Overnight at the hotel.
Deforested Mountainside in KodaikanalKodaikanal- located amidst the folds of the verdant Palni hills is one of the most popular serene hill stations in India, which mesmerises any visitor,with her wooded slopes, mighty rocks, enhancing waterfalls and a beautiful lake. Kodai is situated at an altitude of about 2,133-m high.The pride of Kodaikanal is the 'Kurinji-flower', which blossoms once in 12 years.The fruits like pears and plums are known for their freshness and taste.
Morning visit Coaker's walk, Green valley view, Upper lake View point, Pillars rock etc. Afternoon free to enjoy boating in Lake.
Day at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Kodaikanal - Coimbatore / Kodai Road / Bangalore
Morning proceed to Bangalore or take drop to Kodai Road, Coimbatore Railway station/airport.
- Inclusions -
- Transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary by Non-A/c car.
- Exclusions -
- Items of personal nature like tips, Laundry, Mineral water, Telephone charges etc.
- Extras -
- Tour Conditions :
» A minimum of 2 persons is required.
» Children above the age of 12 years will be charged on additional person rates.
» Rates are for standard rooms.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bangalore
- The Southern India experience - from 1295 GBP
- Backwaters & Bollywood - 14 days from 1279 GBP
- Package Tour to Bangalore & Mysore & Ooty - 6 days from 11000 INR
- Package tour to Bangalore & Mysore & Ooty & Kodaikanal - 9 days from 17000 INR
- Kerala Silk Tour - 5 days from 475 GBP
- Bangalore Mysore Ooty Tour Package - 4 days from 3750 INR
- Angling Delight Escapes - 3 days from 74.5 USD
- South India Family Vacation - 7 days from 8999 INR
- Karnataka Tour - 15 days from 1230 USD
- Best of Two Cultures Karnataka & Kerala - 8 days from 799 USD
- Cultural South India - 21 days from 1500 USD
- South Golden Triangle - 7 days from 907 USD
Email the tour operator - Southern Gateway Vacation Trip
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.