Best of Two Cultures Karnataka & Kerala
- Price from:
- 799 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 03/02/2007
Get an opportunity to visit the popular garden city Bangalore & historical places of Mysore and also experience the exclusive backwaters adventure in Kerala to have unforgettable holidays in India
Arrive Bangalore by international flight, after a traditional 'Swagat' (Welcome) our representative would assist you at the airport & transfer to hotel for check-in. Bangalore, the garden city. The spacious city has many imposing structures full of historic & modern architecture. The majestic Vidhana Soudha, a magnificent post-independence structure housing the State legislature & Secretariat, stands in the center of the city with its attractive dome & galleries. Overnight Hotel - Bangalore (B)
Bangalore - Mysore (135 km - 03 hr)
Half Day Tour - Today we take a guided tour of Bangalore, visiting Tipu Sultan Palace; the layout of the palace gives the idea of the ethnic Mughal lifestyle. Also visit ISKCON Temple, harmonious blend of the Dravidian & modern architecture. The building has some of the modern facilities along with Vedic preaching library. Next we visit the Lal Bagh Garden, name Lal Bagh has been given to it for the wonderfully bloomed red roses that remain blooming all through the year. Haider Ali started building this garden in 1760.Later we drive to Mysore, capital city of the Wodeyars kingdom.
Full Day tour - Today we take a tour of Mysore, We also visit Maharaja Palace, designed by British architect Henry Irwin, the Amba Villas Palace as it is also known, was completed in 1912. In the evening we visit Brindavan Gardens, dancing musical fountains on the terraces of Krishnarajasagar Dam, is a vast stretch of the most delicately planned symphony in architecture, horticulture, engineering & aesthetics.
Mysore - Ooty (150 km - 03 hr)
Today we drive Ooty (Udagamandalam), Queen of hill stations & the capital of Nilgiri district. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiri means Blue Mountains. It is a land of picturesque picnic spots.Half Day tour - Afternoon you will leave for half day sightseeing visiting Botanical Garden, Fernhill Place -a erstwhile summer palace of Maharaja of Mysore, St. Stephen Church is a small gothic style architecture & first colonial structure founded in 1820.
Ooty - Cochin (380 km - 08hr)
Today be prepared for a long drive for God's own country called Kerala. Cochin always had a very popular & historical sea trade connection with Middle East, Mediterranean Europe, Dutch & British. It has one of the finest natural harbours on the Arabian coastline. Its cosmopolitan character is reflected in the buildings & structures representing different regions of the world. Evening see Kerala's most popular classical dance, Kathakali. Overnight Hotel - Cochin (B)
Cochin - Alleppey (70 kms)Alleppey- Kumarakom (Overnight Houseboat)
Half Day Tour - Later we visit Jew Town, synagogue, built in the year 1568, is magnificently decorated by Chinese tiles & Belgian chandeliers. Giant scrolls of Old Testament can be found here. Also visit the spice market, where the air is filled with the pungent smell of spices & history that brought the world to its doorstep. Later drive to Alleppey, Known as 'Venice of the East', this region is famous for its beautiful backwaters & village life revolving around the banks of these backwaters. On arrival board the houseboat, locally called Kettuvallam, cruise around backwaters of Alleppey to Kumarakom to observe & experience the daily life of the villagers along the backwaters. Overnight Houseboat (B, L, D).
Morning after breakfast disembark the houseboat while cruising, leave for Kumarakom known for backwaters, huge Vembanad Lake & the famous Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary.
Later we visit Kumarakom Bird sanctuary. There are two seasons for birds: between October & February there are cormorants, teals, & other ducks & from February to July there are darters (snake birds), night herons, egrets, & Siberian storks. It also has golden backed woodpecker, crow pheasant, white-breasted water hen, tree pie etc. Overnight Hotel - Kumarakom (B)
Kumarakom - Cochin - Cochin Airport ( 80 km - 02 hr )
Our tour concludes : We thanks you for your patronage and ensures a punctual transfer to the airport for your onward travel.
- Inclusions -
- English speaking Guide for the Tour
- Exclusions -
- Any airfare or airport tax.
- Extras -
- # Visit the famous Iskcon temple of Bangalore
# A memorable trip to Royal Palace of Mysore.
# Enjoy popular tourist resort Ooty (Queen of hill stations) under the high hill ranges of Nilgiri
# Sightseeing of Stunning backwaters of Alleppey in Kerala
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bangalore
- The Southern India experience - from 1295 GBP
- Backwaters & Bollywood - 14 days from 1279 GBP
- Package Tour to Bangalore & Mysore & Ooty - 6 days from 11000 INR
- Package tour to Bangalore & Mysore & Ooty & Kodaikanal - 9 days from 17000 INR
- Kerala Silk Tour - 5 days from 475 GBP
- Bangalore Mysore Ooty Tour Package - 4 days from 3750 INR
- Angling Delight Escapes - 3 days from 74.5 USD
- South India Family Vacation - 7 days from 8999 INR
- Karnataka Tour - 15 days from 1230 USD
- Southern Gateway Vacation Trip - 9 days from 199 USD
- Cultural South India - 21 days from 1500 USD
- South Golden Triangle - 7 days from 907 USD
Email the tour operator - Best of Two Cultures Karnataka & Kerala
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.